Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > TalkBoard Election Debate Archives > Talkboard Debate Archives > TalkBoard Elections/11
Reload this Page >

Question 3: What technical changes would you like for FlyerTalk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 3: What technical changes would you like for FlyerTalk?

Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I believe there are a couple of areas that can see improvement.
  1. Mobile site - while the site has gone mobile and is convenient to have from a phone, it's far from great. It reminds me of many websites in their infancy. I think tweaks done to the mobile site would go a long way, including changing the display, showing whole posts (as long as their text,) knowing what I'm quoting...
  2. Apps - I have both an Android and a BlackBerry. So first of all, adding a BB app would be great, as I'm sure many FTers use a BB as well and would like to see an app.
  3. On top of that, updating the app. The app is fantastic, but I believe it's missing a crucial link: "My FlyerTalk" which I believe is the single most used link on FT! I think adding that AND adding push notifications, so I can be updated when a thread has new posts, or a subscribed forum has new threads, or PM.. would dramatically increase the already solid app's popularity
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
We have a few tools for sharing our schedules and itineraries with each other, but they seem disappointingly dated and underused. Glancing at the itineraries for today (11/5), there's eleven listed. I'm hard pressed to believe that's it for FT'ers in the air today.

I'd like to see these tools refreshed and updated as they can serve as a great tool to augment our travel experiences.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
We have a few tools for sharing our schedules and itineraries with each other, but they seem disappointingly dated and underused. Glancing at the itineraries for today (11/5), there's eleven listed. I'm hard pressed to believe that's it for FT'ers in the air today.

I'd like to see these tools refreshed and updated as they can serve as a great tool to augment our travel experiences.
Great point FlyerChrisK!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
The mobile app on my Blackberry is pretty worthless. Not that there's much that I could do about it even if I tried.

Otherwise, FT is pretty great to look at and easy to navigate. Far more so than, say MilePoint, which has way too many bells and whistles to be efficiently read. I would oppose any effort to migrate into a more 'social' medium like that.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:28 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK

I forgot about FlightConnect and you make a very good point ^. I always use this feature and have found it a very good way to meet other F/t'ers but it is as you point out, it's underused as I'll see your 11/5 and raise (er, lower) it on the day after Thanksgiving (11/27) to only 4 listed . And in line with FlightConnect, I'd like to see it user editable as there is no way to change your info if you have a schedule change (or for folks like me who accidently input incorrect information ) without sending off a message to one of the IB folks or posting in the Technical Issues forum
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by goalie
I forgot about FlightConnect and you make a very good point ^. I always use this feature and have found it a very good way to meet other F/t'ers but it is as you point out, it's underused as I'll see your 11/5 and raise (er, lower) it on the day after Thanksgiving (11/27) to only 4 listed . And in line with FlightConnect, I'd like to see it user editable as there is no way to change your info if you have a schedule change (or for folks like me who accidently input incorrect information ) without sending off a message to one of the IB folks or posting in the Technical Issues forum
I didn't even know about this! I'd love to be able to post use this and meet other FTers this way!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:07 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I didn't even know about this! I'd love to be able to post use this and meet other FTers this way!
A lot of folks don't know about it and while there are airline lounge and hotel meet-up threads in their respective forums, sometimes that doesn't work (i.e a short conx) but a 5-10 minute "hi, nice to meet you" does.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: AC
As many have said, improving the ability to access information on the move is vital to FT staying relevant. The addition of information from other sources, be it seat maps, FF benefits and other information would also greatly improve the experience on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.