The Open Forum for Candidates

Old Nov 10, 2009, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The voting has started.

I'd like to encourage everyone to learn about the candidates. Read who is on the ballot, vote on who you feel would be the best to serve on the TalkBoard.

Please look at how I answered questions. I took the time to research each issue/question at hand. I promise that's the way I will do it as a TalkBoard member.

I pledge to you and FlyerTalk to work in the best interest of this living, breathing entity that helps so much from the beginning traveler to the most frequent flier.

And I kindly ask for your vote to serve you.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LessO2
The voting has started.

I'd like to encourage everyone to learn about the candidates. Read who is on the ballot, vote on who you feel would be the best to serve on the TalkBoard.

Please look at how I answered questions. I took the time to research each issue/question at hand. I promise that's the way I will do it as a TalkBoard member.

I pledge to you and FlyerTalk to work in the best interest of this living, breathing entity that helps so much from the beginning traveler to the most frequent flier.

And I kindly ask for your vote to serve you.
I agree with LessO2, please remember to vote. Regardless of which candidate you vote for (i would be doing myself a disservice, if i didn't hope you would for me), it is important that all members vote on who will help govern Flyertalk over the next two years.

I hope you read over all of our responses and choose the best candidates in your minds.

I would be honored to serve the Flyertalk community.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thanks for the notificiation, LessO2. How time flies!

On another note (perhaps for Randy): Are we going to have "I Voted" badges this year? I don't see any yet. That seemed very helpful in increasing turnout last year.

We didn't get a lot of questions submitted for the candidates this year. Either that's reflective that people are pretty much satisfied with how FT is being run (and kudos to the current TalkBoard for that--I think they've done a fine job) or that few care.

I sincerely hope it's the former, but just in case it's the latter, I think we need all the help we can get to keep turnout from going into the toilet, and the "I Voted" badges seemed to work well. I saw several people say they were led to vote by seeing the badge and being curious what it was about.

(I know there were a few people who had concerns about the badges. Although I wasn't offended by the badges' use, I understand their position. Were their concerns addressed for this year? Can one opt out of displaying the badge?)
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
After being warned by Randy that candidates better have time to put into the debates, it was the quietest debate session in years. We were ready.

Thanks for the questions and good luck to my fellow candidates.

Now that the voting has started, it's time to lock down this board (if past precedent is followed).

I voted. Have you?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
Thanks for the notificiation, LessO2. How time flies!

On another note (perhaps for Randy): Are we going to have "I Voted" badges this year? I don't see any yet. That seemed very helpful in increasing turnout last year.

You're welcome for the reminder! I tend to pay attention to the details.

IIRC, the "I Voted" badges came out about two or three days after voting began.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Please support term limits.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Honestly whether any of us win or not, I know FT will be in good hands regardless of who is elected. Let's be honest the board is running very well as it is and this isn't like a startup company where massive work is needed to get it on the right track. I look at it more as polishing a diamond that is already there.

I think any candidate who is interesting in serving would do well by FT. There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Having just returned from our extension of the MegaDO to Italy, I would like to wish all my fellow candidates good luck, and agree that regardless of who wins, FT will be in good hands.

While I did manage to participate in the debate it was a little difficult for me timing wise as the DO kept us hopping, going right to Italy from there.

I strongly urge EVERY member to vote--I think my fellow candidates have made thoughtful comments on their views of FT as have I--it's now in YOUR hands.

Thank you for your consideration.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weird....I have no idea why it doesn't show, but I voted.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by LessO2
Weird....I have no idea why it doesn't show, but I voted.
Do you have avatars turned off in your profile?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichMSN
Do you have avatars turned off in your profile?
Actually, no. Contacted appropriate folks, and it's been fixed.

Thanks for your help, though!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.