Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 16: Considering a Current Motion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 6:43 am

Allow me to be the dissenting voice!

As I see it fitness just isn't a core subject for FT. To the extent that anything fitness related is relevant to a destination/hotel chain/airline (and I think that there's actually quite a lot in terms of destination specific stuff) then it belongs in the relevant forum, otherwise it's really an OMNI topic.

I think the clinching argument for me from the threads liked to was the 'if we have 'fintess on the go' then presumably we have 'theatre on the go', 'knitting on the go', etc'.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I finally took the time to read the arguments and counter-arguments in the proposal thread and the motion thread. I'm not a stickler for putting every thread in exactly the right forum. To me, maximizing the number of interested readers is more important. In other words, what's the best home for this material?

I believe that the proposed forum would have improved readers' ability to find and use helpful information on fitness while traveling and fitness in general. I don't see sufficient countervailing damage to the local forums by removing some of this information from them. So I would have been very much inclined to vote for the proposed forum.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
I don't understand why information related to this subject can't reside in TravelBuzz, with questions related to individual places sitting in their respective city or country fora.

As a start, why couldn't a few fitness 'stickies' be created as a start over in TravelBuzz. If sufficient interest and traffic was generated, the creation of a "Fitness on the Go" forum would be a natural outgrowth from an existing forum, no?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
I would vote yes!

Personally i am quite excited about the fact that Ben Gurion airport in TLV is getting a gym lounge (!) and enjoy a run around (no pun intended ) the Frankfurt Lufthansa FCT ...

My opinion aside, i think that many posters could enjoy such a forum ... perhaps have a sticky "Get together" post.. not have to run alone in Frankfurt.

all the best,

danny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.