Name two of the OTHER candidates for TalkBoard besides yourself that
you hope will be elected. Why?
Old Nov 8, 07, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by flyertalk View Post
This question was submitted by member cblaisd:
Name two of the OTHER candidates for TalkBoard besides yourself that
you hope will be elected. Why?
It is way too soon to answer a question like this. We are only a few days into the election debate. Ask the question again in another few days once a lot of the other candidates have posted their views on things.
Old Nov 8, 07, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally agree with Radioman. At this point it is too early to tell, especially since we just got about ten new questions. Let's give it a few more days.
Old Nov 8, 07, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I'll jump in with four.

Cholula and Gleff because I'm happy with the job they've done to date (plus gleff thanked me once in his blog).

Cluebyfour because I got to know him pretty well during our "time in the trenches" moderating OMNI back in the day. I think he'd do a great job on the board.

Kanebear because he's hilarious, a great flyertalker whom I hope to meet in person someday.
Old Nov 9, 07, 6:01 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
1. Gleff. His hospitality during my early days at FT are a big part of the reason why I decided to volunteer as a moderator. I have a lot of respect for his level of contribution.

2. Cholula. While I can't say I've interacted with him as much as Gleff, I appreciate his view on the issues we've discussed, and also have a good deal of respect for his contributions.
Old Nov 9, 07, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
There are many members running that I respect.

I've often been on opposite sides of issues from Cholula but I believe he acts in the best interests of Flyertalk as he sees it.

skofarrell is a long-time member who has been willing to take on touch and thankless challenges for Flyertalk, such as moderating Air Canada and, in the past, OMNI.

I think lucky9876coins is a great member in the United forum, I know I've gained a lot from his posts.

pizzaman has been an excellent member, a dedicated moderator, and doesn't have the baggage of axes to grind.

Certainly ClueByFour is a vociferous advocate for his positions, and a bright fellow, there would be little risk of him joining TalkBoard and then not being an active participant. (Though we'd certainly find ourselves on opposite sides of issues at times.)

I don't know nsx well, but what I do know and have seen of him I think highly of.

Just to name a few. So I do think we have a good crop of candidates, and I hope that the community re-elects me to work with several of them!
Old Nov 9, 07, 9:16 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
I'm going to vote for EVERYONE.
Old Nov 9, 07, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (but still missing SPG)
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
I'm going to vote for EVERYONE.
Why, thank you. I'll set a reminder to add you to my signature when I have time.
Old Nov 9, 07, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Gleff because he's been there and done that and provides a wealth of experience even if he may be tired of it by now.

Skofarrell as he's always been the voice of reason and I've been very impressed by his balance and level-headedness.

ClueByFour simply as I'm afraid if I don't he will come for me. No, really... he's someone I absolutely know will never compromise his principles and will fight for what he believes in. I'd be proud to serve with him.

Kokonutz : Yes, I'm serious! In addition to the entertainment provided, he definitely represents an alternate point of view.
Old Nov 9, 07, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Kokonutz because he is one of the smartest people I know, as well as being objective, courageous and very funny.

I would vote for Cholula, you know, to keep the supply of sauce flowing freely, or maybe nsx or RichMSN because they appear to be capable of independent thought, but they are all moderators, and something inside of me just doesn't feel right about having moderators on TalkBoard. So, who else is running who is not a moderator?
Old Nov 9, 07, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Punki View Post
So, who else is running who is not a moderator?
Oh, pick me, pick me!
Old Nov 9, 07, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (but still missing SPG)
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
Kokonutz because he is one of the smartest people I know, as well as being objective, courageous and very funny.

I would vote for Cholula, you know, to keep the supply of sauce flowing freely, or maybe nsx or RichMSN because they appear to be capable of independent thought, but they are all moderators, and something inside of me just doesn't feel right about having moderators on TalkBoard. So, who else is running who is not a moderator?
A correction: I am not a moderator. Like others I like and respect, I was not deemed worthy.

Insert your favorite Groucho Marx quote here.
Old Nov 9, 07, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Votes

Of course I'd vote for myself first

But I've followed Cholula's and Gleff's posts outside of the TalkBoard-based forums and believe they've participated there similarly to me: they're frequent, positive contributors of the community and stimulate dialog that's thought-provoking and interesting.
Old Nov 9, 07, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I'd vote for nsx because he is such a valuable contributor to the WN forum and has been a great contributor in general to FT.

I'd also vote for Cholula because he is a very experienced member with an outstanding character.
Old Nov 10, 07, 2:05 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, United Club ex-Lifetime Member
My top two choices among the other candidates are gleff and Cholula.

gleff is the kind of FTer we should all aspire to be. He's informative, diligent, patient, and courteous. Everybody likes him, and that's not an accident.

Cholula has just about the toughest assignment a moderator can have: Travel Safety and Security. It's like South Central LA there compared to the Mayberry RFD that is the Southwest Airlines forum. Yet he manages to keep his cool and collect friends regardless of whether they agree with him or not on every issue.

These are both exemplary team players who will work with the group to see that we reach the best decisions.

Search this Thread