Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 3: Your travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2007, 4:51 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
For a full-time person that rarely travels for work, I TRAVEL A LOT!!!

My first plane ride was 10 month old and traveled internationally almost yearly since then. I love it.

This year I'll do about 95K BIS miles with a mix of domestic and international trips. I tend to go to bigger cities (SFO, CHI, MSY, IAH, MSP) domestically and go all over the world for vacation (SYD, BKK, TPE, HAM, AMS, BRU) only missing S America and Antartica thus far. Will get to Peru next Spring...

I'm well known among my friends as taking lots of time to travel and being a great person to get ideas, cheap fares and the ins about frequent flier programs....

Next trip: Surprise Bday for my mom's 65th in IAH followed by a quick Euro trip to visit some friends and get my Belgian chocolate fix!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
Well I live in Glasgow, Scotland and only have two customers near me. For all the others its nearly always a flight.

This year I have managed to keep my BA Exec Silver (hard work this time round), Platinum for IC Hotel (ok you only 60k points but I am over 300,000 so far this year).

Been to the USA twice in the past few months plus trips to Europe. Over 65 nights in hotels so far, plus I still have a trip to Dubai next month and also a few days in Ireland.

Total flights this year 64 with at least another 8 to do, thought I might have broken into triple figures this year but managed to miss that.

Last year was just as busy for me and I dont know what will happen next year as I have been offered a new job as Technical Director of a company and it might be even more travel. Now is that possible.....
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Travel

I love to travel and probably spend most of my disposable cash doing so.

I love experiencing new people, new cultures, new food ....and taking in the sights, both man-made and natural, wherever I can whenever I can. (And I love tapping into the FlyerTalk community for insights and advice on where I should go or what I should do next. Equally so, I enjoy sharing my own experiences and advice with others that travel.)

For flying, I typically travel about 130,000 miles/year ...give or take a few thousand miles depending on my schedule and my travel wish-list. In addition to spending a lot of time in the air, I spend a lot of time in someone else's bed ...actually, I spend about 80 nights away in a hotel room each year.

For the business traveler, I suppose my statistics aren't too off. But considering almost all of my travel is leisure in nature, I think I'm a bit of a travel addict.

I'm loyal to Continental Airlines and US Airways (top tiered in both of their frequent flyer programs) and am loyal to Hilton and Hyatt hotels (also top tiered there.) However, sometimes other factors come into play ...so I'll often pop-up on other airlines or in different hotels too. (And I'll visit those other folders here too for advice ...or to share my experiences there.)

I am a world traveler ....and destinations in Asia/the Pacific are my current favorites. In the US, Hawaii is my home away from home and is a frequent travel destination for me.

So whether it's a 5-day getaway to check on the volcano in Hawaii... a quick weekend trip for some great sushi in Japan ....or a 1-day visit to check out an artist's work in a museum in Europe, I really really love to travel.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 7:25 pm

Programs: Peon in all
When I worked in Arizona in the mid to late 90's, I used to travel alot - including trans-con at least 4-5 times a year. However, in the past few years my air travel has been greatly reduced. Being based in New England, I now travel mostly on Amtrak.

When I do fly, I'm not loyal to any one airline - so I do not have any status with any of them. But then again, due to my earlier extensive travels, I have not paid for a ticket since 2002!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I travel between 4-8 trips per month, just enough to enjoy being away while looking forward to coming home and getting things done at home.

It's enough to stay Platinum with Marriott and President Circle with Hertz, which is what I care about mostly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.