Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid/Award Business Class - does one get lounge access for a guest

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2009, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Paid/Award Business Class - does one get lounge access for a guest

My sister-in-law will get an award for business class flight from YUL to DEL via ZRH. Via return, she will return with a friend who has paid for an economy class ticket. The question is whether my sister-in-law has lounge access privileges for the guest in the SWISS lounge (for passengers on international flights).

If the answer is no (which I suspect is the case), does SWISS offer guest lounge passes? If the answer is yes, I can go to coupon connection, and request one such pass, for something in return.
Old May 16, 2009, 5:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you are in LX C you get access to their lounges in ZRH irregardless whether you have an award or revenue ticket. C pax can't guest anyone if they don't hold *G

The Bellevue lounge at the E gates (where YUL and DEL depart/arrive) above E45 is a contract lounge which sells access for 35 CHF, accepts priority pass and diners club too: http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Zu...ndent_Bellevue
Old May 16, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The Bellevue lounge at the E gates (where YUL and DEL depart/arrive) above E45 is a contract lounge which sells access for 35 CHF, accepts priority pass and diners club too: http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Zu...ndent_Bellevue
Honestly: There are also decent restaurants airside between Terminals A and B, where you can eat a nice cheese-meal (or so) for 35 CHF. The Bellevue-Lounge is not really worth this amount of money.

LX is very strict for lounge-access, so do not expect any exception.
Old May 16, 2009, 6:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by rorschi
Honestly: There are also decent restaurants airside between Terminals A and B, where you can eat a nice cheese-meal (or so) for 35 CHF. The Bellevue-Lounge is not really worth this amount of money.
Just listed the option. I have better use of 35 CHF (even in an expensive place like ZRH or CH for that matter )
Old May 16, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Only *G and F pax are allowed a guest. Post on the LH lounge meetings thread to see if a *G/F pax can let her/him in for you ^
Old May 16, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Both the LX Biz lounge and the Bellevue lounge are also Priority Pass lounges, in case that helps.
Old May 19, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by airoli
Both the LX Biz lounge and the Bellevue lounge are also Priority Pass lounges, in case that helps.
BTW, in the Bellevue it happened to me once that the Lounge dragon had no idea, if I was allowed a guest or not:
Showing my LX SEN card, dragon asked me, if I was allowed to bring a guest and I said "YES" no need to lie, as LX SEN is *G anyway.
Old May 19, 2009, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Hennessy
BTW, in the Bellevue it happened to me once that the Lounge dragon had no idea, if I was allowed a guest or not:
Showing my LX SEN card, dragon asked me, if I was allowed to bring a guest and I said "YES" no need to lie, as LX SEN is *G anyway.
Actually, any status passenger, to my knowledge, is not eligible to gain access to the Bellevue lounge. It is the business class boarding pass, status or not, that gets you into the lounge (at least without paying the 35 Swiss francs).
Old May 19, 2009, 6:25 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Actually, any status passenger, to my knowledge, is not eligible to gain access to the Bellevue lounge. It is the business class boarding pass, status or not, that gets you into the lounge (at least without paying the 35 Swiss francs).
No idea, if they changed their access rules. My incident happened approx. 2 years ago. Back then, no problem to use Bellevue lounge as LX SEN with guest and both in Y.
Old May 19, 2009, 7:39 am

As a M&M status pax, you do get access to the Bellevue lounge even if you are in Y, provided that you are on a *A departure out of the E gates.
Old May 19, 2009, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
As a M&M status pax, you do get access to the Bellevue lounge even if you are in Y, provided that you are on a *A departure out of the E gates.

Does the Bellevue lounge allow access to any other status passengers of any other airline frequent flyer programs, whether in Star Alliance, or one of the other 2 alliances, or a status member of a frequent flyer program of an airline not affiliated to any global alliance?
Old May 19, 2009, 6:54 pm

The attendant at Bellevue has detailled list on who is allowed and who is not. the last time I was there I witnessed a major row between a gentleman and the warden who wanted to bring in a guest and she wouldn't let him in with a guest.

Another option would be the dnata lounge for 28CHF:
http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...spx/tabid-152/
Old May 19, 2009, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Does the Bellevue lounge allow access to any other status passengers of any other airline frequent flyer programs, whether in Star Alliance, or one of the other 2 alliances, or a status member of a frequent flyer program of an airline not affiliated to any global alliance?
It's a contract lounge, so it allows access to valued customers (premium pax or FFP members) of all airlines which have signed a contract with the lounge. When I last checked, TG, KE, SQ, AY, RJ were among them, but I am sure this is not a complete or up-to-date list. If you want first hand info, call the lounge at +41 43 812 5801.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.