Paid/Award Business Class - does one get lounge access for a guest

Old May 16, 09, 4:26 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Posts: 9,157
Paid/Award Business Class - does one get lounge access for a guest

My sister-in-law will get an award for business class flight from YUL to DEL via ZRH. Via return, she will return with a friend who has paid for an economy class ticket. The question is whether my sister-in-law has lounge access privileges for the guest in the SWISS lounge (for passengers on international flights).

If the answer is no (which I suspect is the case), does SWISS offer guest lounge passes? If the answer is yes, I can go to coupon connection, and request one such pass, for something in return.
FlyerGoldII is offline  
Old May 16, 09, 5:17 am
  #2  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 40,463
If you are in LX C you get access to their lounges in ZRH irregardless whether you have an award or revenue ticket. C pax can't guest anyone if they don't hold *G

The Bellevue lounge at the E gates (where YUL and DEL depart/arrive) above E45 is a contract lounge which sells access for 35 CHF, accepts priority pass and diners club too: http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Zu...ndent_Bellevue
oliver2002 is offline  
Old May 16, 09, 5:39 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ZRH / MUC / VIE
Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Posts: 6,480
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The Bellevue lounge at the E gates (where YUL and DEL depart/arrive) above E45 is a contract lounge which sells access for 35 CHF, accepts priority pass and diners club too: http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Zu...ndent_Bellevue
Honestly: There are also decent restaurants airside between Terminals A and B, where you can eat a nice cheese-meal (or so) for 35 CHF. The Bellevue-Lounge is not really worth this amount of money.

LX is very strict for lounge-access, so do not expect any exception.
rorschi is offline  
Old May 16, 09, 6:01 am
  #4  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 40,463
Originally Posted by rorschi View Post
Honestly: There are also decent restaurants airside between Terminals A and B, where you can eat a nice cheese-meal (or so) for 35 CHF. The Bellevue-Lounge is not really worth this amount of money.
Just listed the option. I have better use of 35 CHF (even in an expensive place like ZRH or CH for that matter )
oliver2002 is offline  
Old May 16, 09, 8:07 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NCL and LBA
Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Posts: 3,056
Only *G and F pax are allowed a guest. Post on the LH lounge meetings thread to see if a *G/F pax can let her/him in for you ^
pogonation is offline  
Old May 16, 09, 8:37 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ZRH / YUL
Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Posts: 6,795
Both the LX Biz lounge and the Bellevue lounge are also Priority Pass lounges, in case that helps.
airoli is offline  
Old May 19, 09, 3:58 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BSL
Programs: LH/LX
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Both the LX Biz lounge and the Bellevue lounge are also Priority Pass lounges, in case that helps.
BTW, in the Bellevue it happened to me once that the Lounge dragon had no idea, if I was allowed a guest or not:
Showing my LX SEN card, dragon asked me, if I was allowed to bring a guest and I said "YES" no need to lie, as LX SEN is *G anyway.
Hennessy is offline  
Old May 19, 09, 4:28 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Posts: 9,157
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
BTW, in the Bellevue it happened to me once that the Lounge dragon had no idea, if I was allowed a guest or not:
Showing my LX SEN card, dragon asked me, if I was allowed to bring a guest and I said "YES" no need to lie, as LX SEN is *G anyway.
Actually, any status passenger, to my knowledge, is not eligible to gain access to the Bellevue lounge. It is the business class boarding pass, status or not, that gets you into the lounge (at least without paying the 35 Swiss francs).
FlyerGoldII is offline  
Old May 19, 09, 6:25 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BSL
Programs: LH/LX
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
Actually, any status passenger, to my knowledge, is not eligible to gain access to the Bellevue lounge. It is the business class boarding pass, status or not, that gets you into the lounge (at least without paying the 35 Swiss francs).
No idea, if they changed their access rules. My incident happened approx. 2 years ago. Back then, no problem to use Bellevue lounge as LX SEN with guest and both in Y.
Hennessy is offline  
Old May 19, 09, 7:39 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ZRH / YUL
Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Posts: 6,795
As a M&M status pax, you do get access to the Bellevue lounge even if you are in Y, provided that you are on a *A departure out of the E gates.
airoli is offline  
Old May 19, 09, 4:55 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Posts: 9,157
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
As a M&M status pax, you do get access to the Bellevue lounge even if you are in Y, provided that you are on a *A departure out of the E gates.

Does the Bellevue lounge allow access to any other status passengers of any other airline frequent flyer programs, whether in Star Alliance, or one of the other 2 alliances, or a status member of a frequent flyer program of an airline not affiliated to any global alliance?
FlyerGoldII is offline  
Old May 19, 09, 6:54 pm
  #12  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 40,463
The attendant at Bellevue has detailled list on who is allowed and who is not. the last time I was there I witnessed a major row between a gentleman and the warden who wanted to bring in a guest and she wouldn't let him in with a guest.

Another option would be the dnata lounge for 28CHF:
http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...spx/tabid-152/
oliver2002 is offline  
Old May 19, 09, 8:55 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ZRH / YUL
Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Posts: 6,795
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
Does the Bellevue lounge allow access to any other status passengers of any other airline frequent flyer programs, whether in Star Alliance, or one of the other 2 alliances, or a status member of a frequent flyer program of an airline not affiliated to any global alliance?
It's a contract lounge, so it allows access to valued customers (premium pax or FFP members) of all airlines which have signed a contract with the lounge. When I last checked, TG, KE, SQ, AY, RJ were among them, but I am sure this is not a complete or up-to-date list. If you want first hand info, call the lounge at +41 43 812 5801.
airoli is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: