Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Terminal] change at CDG, BUD & PRG eff summer schedule 09

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
Exclamation [Terminal] change at CDG, BUD & PRG eff summer schedule 09

Hi Guys,

I am a very regular traveler on CDG-ZRH-CDG. I really prefer LX to AF on this route. Mainline aircraft, no bus, not delayed every time on the CDG-ZRH sector...
I see in 2B the signs telling us that on the 29th, we should report to T1 as all will change to T1 with the remove of air borders for Schengen transition with the new timetables.

Any idea what this will mean for the flight ?
What is security like in the LH sector at T1 ? Sometimes you wait a long time in 2B (usually only one lane open per flight), so it would be nice to see an improvement here.
I guess the lounge is much better ?
Also, should we expect to be able to continue boarding at a real gate using an airbridge, or does LH send people on buses every now-and-then ?

AF service will be moving to 2G. This will still (sometimes) require the use of the famous CORBUS 3000, but will cut bus travel time to 1 min from 10. 2G is a dump though, no lounge, no taxis, and quite far away.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: LH
This for sure will not only affect this airport.
Why not have one thread with all the changes that will happen now?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I have a question specific to CDG:

For late April, I have a tentative booking involving a transfer LX => AC in CDG. Until now, this was apparently pretty easy as both airlines were in T2. If LX now moves to T1, how would this affect my transfer experience? Are there any airside transfer opportunities? And is there at least a chance that my bags might make it? I believe I have about 2h layover time.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Code:
5/9004: 24.03.09 Aktuelle Terminaländerungen in Europa

Mit Beginn des Sommerflugplans zum 29. März wird SWISS an folgenden BUD, PRG und CDG das Terminal wechseln.

AKTUELLE TERMINALÄNDERUNGEN IN EUROPA
Mit Beginn des Sommerflugplans zum 29. März wird SWISS an folgenden Flughäfen das Terminal wechseln.

Budapest
Von Terminal 2B nach 2A:

Prag
Von Terminal 1 nach Terminal 2

Paris Charles de Gaulle
Von Terminal 2B nach Terminal 1

Die Veränderungen in Budapest und Prag entstehen dadurch, dass SWISS Flüge ab dem 29. März in den Schengen Terminals abgefertigt werden. Die Veränderung in Paris erfolgt aufgrund des „Move under one roof“ zusammen mit Lufthansa und den Star Allianz Mitgliedern. Das Check-In erfolgt in Halle 4.
Mit der Ausnahme Paris liegen die alten und neuen Standorte nah beieinander und sind zu Fuss gut erreichbar. Ähnlich der Distanz in Zürich zwischen Check-In 1 zu Check-In 2.
Die Passagiere werden unter anderem durch einen Hinweis im Flugplan sowie auf der Web Check-In Bordkarte über die Veränderungen informiert.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Why not have one thread with all the changes that will happen now?
Done

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:18 am

i admit the primary reason for my post is to voice my discontent with BUD in general.
Budapest airport in general simply leaves my wondering....i mean Terminal 1 and Terminal 2???? and 2A and 2B?

in order to not go off topic:
With Swiss moving to 2A, this is the end of the world.
Oh Dear.
Terminal 2A only has a Cafe Ritazza, which is useless with beer
Terminal 2B has a place that is mildly better. and at least serves decent beer.^
Old Mar 28, 2009, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by yapak2
i admit the primary reason for my post is to voice my discontent with BUD in general.
Budapest airport in general simply leaves my wondering....i mean Terminal 1 and Terminal 2???? and 2A and 2B?
What's to wonder? T1 is the delightful, original Ferihegy terminal, now given over to LCC. Terminals 2A and 2B are the Schengen and non-S wings of the nondescipt-but-modern new terminal, next to Malev's neglected open air museum.

A benefit of low-cost travel is you can enjoy good beer in the open air cafes of T1
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I am pretty sure that they will also move in Brussels from Pier B to Pier A. Not a real terminal change, but will lead to a lot more walking!
Old Mar 28, 2009, 2:58 pm

In FRA LX will use A01-A05 instead of B30-B33, still bus gates.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 3:03 pm
hch

Originally Posted by steffen0212
In FRA LX will use A01-A05 instead of B30-B33, still bus gates.
Tomorrow one flight is scheduled to leave from an A pier gate, and I suspect larger flights will end up there quite often.

Similarly for LH flights to Switzerland where even more leave from pier gates for tomorrow already.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 1:37 am

Programs: LH Senator, BA Gold, AF Platinum, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by hch
Tomorrow one flight is scheduled to leave from an A pier gate, and I suspect larger flights will end up there quite often.

Similarly for LH flights to Switzerland where even more leave from pier gates for tomorrow already.
Mind that at A pier gate you might be bussed ad well !!!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:29 am

Today LX1069 (A321) left from A40. So I had to walk and walk and walk.... Not really better than the B30-gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.