Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does LX release F seats for awards ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I have an F award ZRH - MIA in mid April. When I tried to get a seat assignation all the window seats were blocked so I have a centre seat assigned.
Three of the four windows seats are blocked for HON/SEN as well as for passengers travelling with infants. The offical rule according to my information is: 1A and 1K are "facility seats" (for families with children or disabled people), while 2A is blocked for SENs and HONs. However, 1A and 1K can be accessed by SENs/HONs too.

Don't know what's the logic behind it because all other passengers have to choose centre seats instead. But well, I don't complain...
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:28 am

TVM but when / do they get released?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:31 am

TVM but when / do they get released?
The seats get either released at the 330 day window or some days before departure when the load factor (revenue seats) can be estimated with some certainty.

It seems that LX has gotten quite pro-active with award seats in First Class and they adjust the inventory on a regular (daily) basis. So their system seems quite good nowadays at forecasting the load factor. For example, I was just able to score two (!) F award-seats on the ZRH-BKK route for travel in May, the return will be from NRT, also in F. This wouldn't have been possible last year, with just two months advance notice.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
The seats get either released at the 330 day window or some days before departure when the load factor (revenue seats) can be estimated with some certainty.

It seems that LX has gotten quite pro-active with award seats in First Class and they adjust the inventory on a regular (daily) basis. So their system seems quite good nowadays at forecasting the load factor. For example, I was just able to score two (!) F award-seats on the ZRH-BKK route for travel in May, the return will be from NRT, also in F. This wouldn't have been possible last year, with just two months advance notice.
Seems you are absolutely right.
Yesterday I could see no availability in F on the zrh-bkk-sin sector, but today it is showing as 1 seat available.
Though there is no availability in any other class.
I am looking for 2 tickets. Should I book this one and hope another one will become available soon?
As there is no other seat in any class, I can not book the second ticket at the same time and that is what is holding me back
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
I am looking for 2 tickets. Should I book this one and hope another one will become available soon?
Wouldn't hold my breath for it. It's not like SQ where always only one F seat is released for award purposes and after this has been taken a new one may appear. On LX it really depends on the booking situation. If the estimated load justifies it, then more than one award space will be released.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
LX 182 ZRH-SIN just opened two seats in O. I got one - wasn't available the last weeks and I checked a couple of times...

LX F is a very good product - and rumour has it that the new F will be deployed to BKK/SIN by the end of the year... Keep your fingers crossed!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SMK77
LX 182 ZRH-SIN just opened two seats in O. I got one - wasn't available the last weeks and I checked a couple of times...

LX F is a very good product - and rumour has it that the new F will be deployed to BKK/SIN by the end of the year... Keep your fingers crossed!
What dates was that?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Wouldn't hold my breath for it. It's not like SQ where always only one F seat is released for award purposes and after this has been taken a new one may appear. On LX it really depends on the booking situation. If the estimated load justifies it, then more than one award space will be released.
So, worst case scenario, I have to cancel the single ticket and lose the Ł25 ticket. Correct?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by SMK77

I just ticketed 2 F award seats on ZRH-SIN and SIN-BKK-ZRH as segments in a award from YYC-SIN for this October/November. Nothing had been available at all for weeks and then all of a sudden there were pairs of F seats on many dates.

I wasn't expecting to get New F, but if that happens it will be a great bonus!

The other thread about the BKK-SIN portion of the route being canceled concerns me a bit however.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:39 am

So, worst case scenario, I have to cancel the single ticket and lose the Ł25 ticket. Correct?
YEP! You definitely have this option.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: LH, SA, AA
I have an F award ZRH - MIA in mid April. When I tried to get a seat assignation all the window seats were blocked so I have a centre seat assigned.

Any idea when they will unblock the window seats? I'd prefer to be alone and to have a view.
Happens all the time on the JNB route. Not a single seat sold in F but the 4 window seats are blocked. At least as a SEN I could get one of those which seems to support the theory about SEN/HON blocked seats.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 2:48 am

Programs: IC Plat Amb, AC, M&M
I am looking for 2 seats in F:
ZRK-BKK_SIN on LX182 between 20/12 and 22/12 but can not find any.
When I try and search for ZRH-SIN, it only comes up with ZRH-HKG on LX138 as available and then on HKG-SIN on SQ as not available.

I can see some availability (2 seats) till September and 1 seat till end October.

Does LX release seats very late?

LH/LX (Post #4) is right. Currently there is an avalability for F-Fullfare only (no A-Class either), O (upgrades / award) is closed (I checked for 20/12, 21/12, no LX182 on 22/12).

tcqm
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
I have just booked upgrade awards in F on ZRH/BKK/ZRH in August. The seatmap in Expertflyer shows 1A, 1K and 2A as blocked and 2K open on all flights within a few days of my flight. However, the M&M Senator helpline were unable to allocate me any seat, even the ones showing as open on Expertflyer.

As an aside, after I had booked one upgrade online using e-vouchers, I tried to book the return upgrade using miles but the system refused to allow it. I got an error message saying that I didn't have enough e-vouchers, even though I had specified "miles" in the payment box. In the end I phoned the helpline and they booked it without a problem. Have any others had the same problem?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by Rudi
For a single F award booking, I am pretty successfull for several years now in a row already,

330 days in advance for ZRH-LAX-ZRH

I was also surprised last year (2008), when most (all other?) Star carriers did not open any early award booking options in any class on flights to/from China during the Olympics I did, exactly 330 days in advance, book with LX an F award flight ZRH-PVG (Shanghai)-ZRH to visit the Olympics (adding inner China flights later PVG-PEK-PVG with Air China). While that PVG routing did only start in late march 2008, it was open for award booking already 330 days in advance (in late september 2007).

I never managed to book early (> 300 days in advance) and F award flights to/from BKK, but never had a problem with TG (ZRH-BKK-ZRH, of even ZRH-BKK-MEL-BKK-ZRH with the pacific legs being in business only as TH doesn't offer first to/from Australia).

Very successfull in booking LX award first-class for one or two persons for New York (JFK) - Switzerland, but had often to choose the via GVA flights.
Hi Rudi

How do you book 330 days ahead in both directions?

Do you mean that you book 330 days before your return segment, so that your outbound segment might be, say , 320 days ahead?

Thanks,
mm
Old Aug 2, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Million-Miler Lifetime Premier Executive, Hilton HHonors Diamond

Any idea when they will unblock the window seats? I'd prefer to be alone and to have a view.
My experience is that certain agents will in fact pre-assign 1A, 1K, and 2K if you're very nice and professional. If at first you don't succeed, then keep on trying. I believe 2A is held for HON.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.