FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Does Swiss use Amadeus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/882293-does-swiss-use-amadeus.html)

Cassolato Oct 28, 2008 12:38 am

Does Swiss use Amadeus?

Does Swiss uses Amadeus? I'm trying to check an itineraty on www.checkmytrip.com but it's non existant!

Any ideas?

TIA!

szg Oct 28, 2008 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Cassolato (Post 10588461)
Does Swiss uses Amadeus? I'm trying to check an itineraty on www.checkmytrip.com but it's non existant!

Any ideas?

TIA!

Swiss has is own booking system, no Amadeus. You can only check your itineraty on the Swiss homepage.

With the search functionality you found this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...54&postcount=2

f4freeJunior Oct 28, 2008 3:00 am

Originally Posted by szg (Post 10588605)
Swiss has is own booking system, no Amadeus. You can only check your itineraty on the Swiss homepage.

this is not quite true. Call LX and they will give you the amadeus code. They have it! have only discovered this recently and posted it on FT. But nobody seems to have noticed.

airoli Oct 28, 2008 4:19 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 10588734)
Call LX and they will give you the amadeus code. They have it!

Are you sure that this also applies to bookings 100% on LX? I can't see why it would make sense for them to file such bookings in Amadeus...

FelixB Oct 28, 2008 5:42 am

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 10588858)
Are you sure that this also applies to bookings 100% on LX? I can't see why it would make sense for them to file such bookings in Amadeus...

So you can put the flights onto your LH M&M profile;)

virtualtroy Oct 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Call LX and they will give you the amadeus code. They have it! have only discovered this recently and posted it on FT. But nobody seems to have noticed.

Good info ^

szg Oct 28, 2008 2:54 pm

this is not quite true. Call LX and they will give you the amadeus code. They have it! have only discovered this recently and posted it on FT. But nobody seems to have noticed.

OK, I will asked them. It would be nice to get an Amadeus code.

f4freeJunior Oct 28, 2008 4:52 pm

My recent booking (phone booking ZRH-CAI rt) was 100% LX. I called LX (to split my original PNR) and asked them for an amadeus code. It took her less than 10sec to figure it out. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of this specific code but the name she mentioned was not "Amadeus". It was something different but I was able to retrieve the booking on CMT with it.
Maybe somebody who has an upcoming phone reservation can call LX and post his experience here?

Cassolato Oct 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by szg (Post 10588605)

Hi, thank you all for the replyes.
I tryed the check the prenotation via Swiss website, but I didn't find and usefull link.
I registered as a Swiss client and as a new miles and more member but i can't find any reservation under "my reservations". Any ideas?

szg Oct 29, 2008 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Cassolato (Post 10592632)
Hi, thank you all for the replyes.
I tryed the check the prenotation via Swiss website, but I didn't find and usefull link.
I registered as a Swiss client and as a new miles and more member but i can't find any reservation under "my reservations". Any ideas?

You can only see bookings, which are made with your profile.

Cassolato Oct 29, 2008 1:53 am

Originally Posted by szg (Post 10594080)
You can only see bookings, which are made with your profile.

Thank you, Szg.
I think Swiss has to improve a little bit his web site :)

IAN-UK Oct 29, 2008 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Cassolato (Post 10594255)
Thank you, Szg.
I think Swiss has to improve a little bit his web site :)

Yup - even the tiniest improvement would be welcome.

It has slipped slowly backwards since the days it handled multiple sectors ...

TPJ Oct 29, 2008 8:57 am

Just to clarify: Swiss uses EDS system (http://www.eds.com/industries/consumertravel/airlines/), however they internally call it something like PARS and have no idea this is a part of EDS system (that is also used by US Airways, SN Brussels etc). I am not sure, if there is any link to Amadeus or not (logic would say there should be, but who knows:confused:). The only occasion when they would for sure see Amadeus reservation numer is, when the reservation has been made in Amadeus - by either travel agency or airline (LH,LO,OS,BD), that uses this system.

PS. Some time ago, Swiss was trying to break contract with EDS and switch to Amadeus, but the cost was prohibitive, so for now they decided to stick to EDS.

yapak2 Oct 31, 2008 3:20 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 10595578)
Just to clarify: Swiss uses EDS system (http://www.eds.com/industries/consumertravel/airlines/), however they internally call it something like PARS and have no idea this is a part of EDS system (that is also used by US Airways, SN Brussels etc). I am not sure, if there is any link to Amadeus or not (logic would say there should be, but who knows:confused:). The only occasion when they would for sure see Amadeus reservation numer is, when the reservation has been made in Amadeus - by either travel agency or airline (LH,LO,OS,BD), that uses this system.

PS. Some time ago, Swiss was trying to break contract with EDS and switch to Amadeus, but the cost was prohibitive, so for now they decided to stick to EDS.

fyi, the contract with EDS, who had purchased the IP of Atraxis (in fact the whole company, including staff), the former Swissair IT division, came up for renewal. But the cost of switching was prohibitive, the benefits were little and some critical functionality was even missing. So LX decided to extend their relationship with EDS and continue to use AxRes, AxControl as the systems are called.

TPJ Oct 31, 2008 6:45 am

Thank you for this update!

So, I was not 100% right (not even 80% right), but at the end of the day we have a confirmation: LX does not use Amadeus.

f4freeJunior Oct 31, 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 10606563)
Thank you for this update!

So, I was not 100% right (not even 80% right), but at the end of the day we have a confirmation: LX does not use Amadeus.

true, but how comes i was able to see my lx phone booking on checkmytrip?

szg Oct 31, 2008 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 10608480)

Maybe it was a rebooked flight in the Amadeus system ?

I was today at the transfer desk at ZRH and I asked for the supervisor and he told me, that there is NO Amadeus code for booking in the LX system. I will ask next week again to get maybe a different answer ?

daniellam Oct 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 10608480)

Did you book your LX flight with a travel agent that uses Amadeus?

If this is the case, then you will have an Amadeus PNR.

However, at the same time you will also have a PNR (different code) for LX's system.

This is how things work:

LX flight booked by travel agent that uses Amadeus = Amadeus PNR + LX PNR

LX flight booked directly with LX = LX PNR only

LX flight booked by travel agent using Sabre/Galileo/ or Worldspan = Sabre/Galileo/ or Worldspan PNR + LX PNR

LX flight booked by Other Airline (OAL) = OAL PNR + LX PNR

Intra Nov 4, 2008 2:55 pm

M&M award reservations are made in Amadeus for LX flights.

//I

TPJ Nov 6, 2008 8:09 am

Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 10609172)
This is how things work:

LX flight booked by travel agent using Sabre/Galileo/ or Worldspan = Sabre/Galileo/ or Worldspan PNR + LX PNR

There might be one more case:

- if your itinerary contains at least one LX code-share segment operated by an Amadeus user (LH, JP, LO, SK, KF, BD, OS, TG) - a copy of LX reservation will be created in Amadeus and you can access it via checkmytrip.com (provided you know Amadeus reservation number - it will differ from LX number)

f4freeJunior Dec 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 10609172)
Did you book your LX flight with a travel agent that uses Amadeus?

If this is the case, then you will have an Amadeus PNR.

However, at the same time you will also have a PNR (different code) for LX's system.

This is how things work:

Sorry for the delay, here's a quick update to what I wrote above:
LX callcenter told me that the reservation was made by the TA calling LX (LX flight booked by LX, phone reservation). But after having read all the comments here, I guess this information is wrong, the lady from the callcenter was probably wrong and it is the TA who made this reservation using Amadeus and who might have called LX for the seat requests.
Because otherwise I really don't know why LX was able to give me an amadeus pnr :confused:.