Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Eco Menu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Swiss Eco Menu

hello,

does anyone have a link to any some information about meals, the actual menus, etc for Y class

i have looked at some meal photos on airlinemeals.net and they look fairly decent, want to know if they are on par or better than lufthansa or singapore on international routes?

Regrads
2sweetau
Old Aug 21, 2008, 2:47 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by 2SWEETAU
hello,

does anyone have a link to any some information about meals, the actual menus, etc for Y class

i have looked at some meal photos on airlinemeals.net and they look fairly decent, want to know if they are on par or better than lufthansa or singapore on international routes?

Regrads
2sweetau
It's likely that Singapore Airlines offers better food both quality and quantity. LH and LX are + - on the same level, always a question from which station the food is catered.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

i went on the new eco product on singapore airlines in january and i honestly thought it was about the same with lufthansa. infact some luftahsa meals were better in freshness and quantity. but i thought there might get more information the swiss product but im sure it will not be that bad at all.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:54 am

Depending on the duration of your flight, within europe on really short segments you just get something to drink and chocolate (ZRH-GVA, MUC, FRA eg)

On a bit longer flights to CDG, LHR etc you get a sandwhich which is nothing special but descent.

To destinations such as SOF, ATH you get a Calzone Pizza which is also quite all right. However compared to the past this is now a big joke but in those times you need to be happy to get something at all for free.

On long haul flights you get a little salad a main course, usually 2 choices, meat and pasta and some little cake. Usually all quite good when catered out of ZRH and select other destinations. On day flights to North America you get in addition a ice cream and also a calzone mid flight. On night flights depending on the lenght you get a continental breakfast consisting of joghurt and croisants.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

sounds good.... its not a big deal, i suppose you can aways eat something in the airports on transit legs but it would be nice to get a good meal on long flights.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:49 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by LXA350
Depending on the duration of your flight, within europe on really short segments you just get something to drink and chocolate (ZRH-GVA, MUC, FRA eg)

On a bit longer flights to CDG, LHR etc you get a sandwhich which is nothing special but descent.

To destinations such as SOF, ATH you get a Calzone Pizza which is also quite all right. However compared to the past this is now a big joke but in those times you need to be happy to get something at all for free.

On long haul flights you get a little salad a main course, usually 2 choices, meat and pasta and some little cake. Usually all quite good when catered out of ZRH and select other destinations. On day flights to North America you get in addition a ice cream and also a calzone mid flight. On night flights depending on the lenght you get a continental breakfast consisting of joghurt and croisants.
On intra-European flights I got sometimes ice cream.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by szg
On intra-European flights I got sometimes ice cream.
Me to - on the Contact Air WAW-ZRH. With no flavor selection .
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:48 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Lack
Me to - on the Contact Air WAW-ZRH. With no flavor selection .
I had it on the CPH-ZRH flight. Never had it on Contact Air
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by LXA350

Last week, Swiss was serving "Spätzli" with vegetable instead of pasta as the vegetarian dish ("Spätzli" are some kind of small dumplings of dough made from flour and eggs, i believe a typical german/swiss speciality, but i could be wrong). You always get some kind of a bread roll and can always ask for additional one's if you are really hungry.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

oh....i will be traveling on Contact Air WAW-ZRH soon.... how was that flight? was the fokker 100 nice and refurbished?? whats was the snack ??
Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by 2SWEETAU
oh....i will be traveling on Contact Air WAW-ZRH soon.... how was that flight? was the fokker 100 nice and refurbished?? whats was the snack ??
Nothing spectacular. I had ice cream on the outbound and slept the whole return so don't even know what they served.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

i see.... atleast its not bad service...the meal side of things is not that imporatant on short flights
Old Aug 30, 2008, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Lack
Nothing spectacular. I had ice cream on the outbound and slept the whole return so don't even know what they served.
If your flight is in the morning you get a croissant, during lunch and evening hours a sandwhich and during the afternoon ice cream
Old Aug 30, 2008, 4:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
When do you get muffins? Or don't they have them anymore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.