Wiki Posts
Search

24hr cancellation policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
24hr cancellation policy

on the register as new customer page they list "Cancel within 24 hours" as a benefit for registered users. unfortunately this benefit is not specified in any kind of detail.

is cancelling for free within 24hours after the booking when a ticket is booked on swiss.com?
Old Jun 8, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Hey,

in the past, tickets booked online via swiss.com were issued 24 hours after booking.

During this 24 hours your online booking is just a kind of reservation and it is possible to cancel these tickets for free, as long they were not issued. Just call swiss and they will delete this reservation.
This is a unofficial perk of online booking. The same 24 cancellation policy exits also for LH tickets booked via lufthansa.com

I used this possibilty a few times and it works.

Perhaps swiss decided to publish this perk. I'm sure, this benefit refers this missue.

Best regards,

taigatrommel
Old Jun 8, 2008, 9:55 am
Original Poster

last weekend i booked a weekendtrip nue-zrh-lcy-zrh-nue. about one hour after the online boking (i already received the reservation confirmation and the e-ticket confirmation including e-tix number) i found out that on that specific weekend i am not able to fly because of other commitments.
so i canceled the ticket online and never got an email regarding the cancellation, nor did the website mention anything about a "free cancellation".
however the booking is now in the list of canceled itineraries and currently there is no charge on my online cc statement yet.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 3:01 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
last weekend i booked a weekendtrip nue-zrh-lcy-zrh-nue. about one hour after the online boking (i already received the reservation confirmation and the e-ticket confirmation including e-tix number) i found out that on that specific weekend i am not able to fly because of other commitments.
so i canceled the ticket online and never got an email regarding the cancellation, nor did the website mention anything about a "free cancellation".
however the booking is now in the list of canceled itineraries and currently there is no charge on my online cc statement yet.
The difference is, that this ticket will be marked as "void" and not as "cancelled". If it is "void", there is no payment transaction necessary.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:32 am
Suspended

on the register as new customer page they list "Cancel within 24 hours" as a benefit for registered users. unfortunately this benefit is not specified in any kind of detail.

is cancelling for free within 24hours after the booking when a ticket is booked on swiss.com?

I wonder if this is a goodie of a official benefit. I remember a situation when I called the morning after a booking was made. I wanted to cancel but I was told "niet niet niet".
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Didi
I wonder if this is a goodie of a official benefit. I remember a situation when I called the morning after a booking was made. I wanted to cancel but I was told "niet niet niet".
there was a thread on the M&M forum a few weeks ago where the outcome was that LH, OS and LX do have a 24hour cancellation policy. but you have to call their internet helpdesks and NOT the reservation call center, because the internet helpdesk agents are the only ones authorized to cancel a ticket for free during the 24hr grace period.
my initial question is if the cancellation is also possible online without having to call their internet helpdesk.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:41 pm
Suspended

there was a thread on the M&M forum a few weeks ago where the outcome was that LH, OS and LX do have a 24hour cancellation policy. but you have to call their internet helpdesks and NOT the reservation call center, because the internet helpdesk agents are the only ones authorized to cancel a ticket for free during the 24hr grace period.
my initial question is if the cancellation is also possible online without having to call their internet helpdesk.
See your point. Hence, will ask next time for a transfer to the Internet helpdesk. Thank you for your information ^
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:29 am

[...]
As long this feature is listed as benefit of a booking via swiss.com, I think it's still necessary to call internet help desk.
I dont't assume, this free cancellation policy is a general benefit of tickets on LX.

But this disjunction between ticket hotline and internet help desk seems to be strange for some airlines. Today IU learnd, rebooking of OS tickets booked on aua.com is only possible via OS internet help desk...
For LH, there is no difference.

Best regards, taigatrommel
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:55 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by taigatrommel
But this disjunction between ticket hotline and internet help desk seems to be strange for some airlines. Today IU learnd, rebooking of OS tickets booked on aua.com is only possible via OS internet help desk...

We had this in an other thread recently. The SEN-Line denies sometimes to rebbook a ticket with LH flights on OS ticket stock and give you the number of OS, even if the OS-Internet Helpdesk is closed.
If you insist or call again they will change your ticket.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:20 am

Hey,

in the past, tickets booked online via swiss.com were issued 24 hours after booking.

During this 24 hours your online booking is just a kind of reservation and it is possible to cancel these tickets for free, as long they were not issued. Just call swiss and they will delete this reservation.
This is a unofficial perk of online booking. The same 24 cancellation policy exits also for LH tickets booked via lufthansa.com
I had recentyl a big problem with that.
I booked a C ticket and wanted to change on an other flight a few hours after the booking.
The SEN-Line agent said that he cannot rebook, because the ticket is not issued and wanted me to wait for 24 hours.
I could not, because I needed the SEN-Booking guarantee for the flight, which would not work the next morning.
Then the nice agent suggested to call at the next day (Sunday) morning at 7 and hope that the ticket is issued.
Then, after I was not happy to get up at 7 on sunday (calling at 23h on saturday and having some work to do) he adviced me to book a compleatly new ticket (+30 Euro Service charge) and cancel the old one (+10 Euro Service Charge).
I denied and asked him to get the ticket issued.
He tried to call the ticketing department and after some time he found out that they do not work at night.
After an endless discussion that I do not want to spend 40 Euro, because of some internal problems he gladly called the supervisor, who issued the ticket and rebooked me within 2 minutes.

Where are the helpful agents that solved every problems?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
As long this feature is listed as benefit of a booking via swiss.com, I think it's still necessary to call internet help desk.
I dont't assume, this free cancellation policy is a general benefit of tickets on LX.

We had this in an other thread recently. The SEN-Line denies sometimes to rebbook a ticket with LH flights on OS ticket stock and give you the number of OS, even if the OS-Internet Helpdesk is closed.
If you insist or call again they will change your ticket.
I have called the normal OS ticket hotline and they refused me, since the ticket of OS stock was booked online via aua.com. OS ticket booked online --> OS internet helpdesk.
I never tried to rebook a ticket via LH hotlines, if the ticket was of the stock of another airline. Sorry, no own experience.

But, a ticket booked on lufthansa.com could be rebooked by the agents of all LH ticket hotlines.

Best regards,

taigatrommel
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:44 am

But, a ticket booked on lufthansa.com could be rebooked by the agents of all LH ticket hotlines.

taigatrommel
That made me wonder as well. I learnt that it can be changed, only when ticketed. This is done 24h after booking. Before ticketing it is not changable. The agent has to call the supervisor to get it ticketed and then changed.
I know the problems, but from a custumers point of view it is not understandable.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:56 am
Original Poster

the outcome of the cancellation within 24hours on the swiss website is:

* i got the tax+fuel surcharge refund (six weeks after the cancellation and refund request).
* fare + service charge have not been refunded.

this means there is not 24hours cancellation policy for swiss online customers (at least when you use the "cancel" button on the booking overview list)

CHris

p.s. the ticket was issued immediately. i got the e-ticket confirmation only 2 minutes after i bought the ticket on the website.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:07 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
the outcome of the cancellation within 24hours on the swiss website is:

* i got the tax+fuel surcharge refund (six weeks after the cancellation and refund request).
* fare + service charge have not been refunded.

this means there is not 24hours cancellation policy for swiss online customers (at least when you use the "cancel" button on the booking overview list)

CHris

p.s. the ticket was issued immediately. i got the e-ticket confirmation only 2 minutes after i bought the ticket on the website.
Maybe Flying Lawer knows more about, if you have a right for a 24h cancellation policy.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
What about LH tickets booked on LH.com? Are tickets issued immediately or is it possible to call LH US and ask for recalculation of tax, fees etc and have LH US issue the ticket? I guess you all know the reason for asking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.