SIN Airport - Lounge Access for *Gold

Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
SIN Airport - Lounge Access for *Gold

I am scheduled to leave out of Terminal 1 at the SIN Airport on LX. I understand that both Swiss and Thai are still in Terminal 1 at the SIN Airport. As a *Gold member, is the Thai lounge the best choice?

Explore

PS My ticket indicates a 20 KG baggage allowance. I assume my baggage allowance is actually 20 KG plus an additional 20 KG due to my *Gold status. Correct?

PPS Swiss.com web site indicates SATS Premier Lounge is the designated lounge. How does it compare with the Thai lounge?

Last edited by Explore SE Asia; Jun 2, 2008 at 12:41 am Reason: added PPS
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:09 am

Programs: LH SEN
Can't comment on Thai lounge, but the SQ lounges are very good, when not overcrowded.
But if you have enough time I recommend some lounge hopping anyway. This makes the time goes by quickly and you get to see the differences and you can do some walking.
W
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:23 am
Original Poster

If I have enough time I will go over to Terminal 2 and check out the SQ lounge. Does SQ have a lounge in Terminal 1?

Explore
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:54 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
If I have enough time I will go over to Terminal 2 and check out the SQ lounge. Does SQ have a lounge in Terminal 1?

Explore
There are no SQ lounges in T1 because SQ does not operate from that terminal.

If you're willing to switch terminals anyway, I would go for the SQ lounge in the still fairly new Terminal 3 rather than at the older T2 - very, very nice.

And yes, your *G gets you 20kg of additional baggage allowance, so 20+20=40kg in your case.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I am scheduled to leave out of Terminal 1 at the SIN Airport on LX. I understand that both Swiss and Thai are still in Terminal 1 at the SIN Airport. As a *Gold member, is the Thai lounge the best choice?

Explore

PS My ticket indicates a 20 KG baggage allowance. I assume my baggage allowance is actually 20 KG plus an additional 20 KG due to my *Gold status. Correct?

PPS Swiss.com web site indicates SATS Premier Lounge is the designated lounge. How does it compare with the Thai lounge?
I use the Thai lounge when flying Swiss out of SIN (even as I also have the SATS invitation card that LX gives to me as a Star Gold). The ANA lounges hour of operations don't suit me as well as the Thai lounge hours, although both are available to LX-flying Star Golds.

The SATS lounge has showers, the Thai Lounge does not to my knowledge.

The SATS Lounge has H-D ice cream, the Thai Lounge does not. The food selection is bigger in the SATS but the sandwhich choices in Thai's lounge are more to some people's tastes.

The SATS Lounge seems to have more motion in it than the Thai Lounge during the hours when I am about to fly LX out of SIN. The Thai Lounge has a darker room with some comfortable massage chairs.

It's not unusual for me to use both the SATS lounge and the Thai Lounge when flying LX out of SIN.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Explore
SQ personnel assigned to SQ lounges at SIN deny me access to them and send me off to the SATS lounge unless ticketed in a premium cabin. SQ lounges even do this to me when I've flown into SIN on an SQ flight in first class and am connecting onto a same-day LX flight in coach as a Star Gold member.

SQ "banishes" Star Golds to a SATS lounge that is not as good as SQ's regular lounges for biz and first class passengers even for those of us willing to transfer terminals airside.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 2, 2008 at 4:15 am
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:10 am

Programs: half orphan (ie. STC before, but not really happy with M&M)
If you're flying Y, you are not allowed to enter the SQ Silverkris lounges. You'll be directed to the SATS (T2) oder *G (T3) lounge.

Btw, the TG lounge is OK.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yup, SIN SKL are not *G lounges.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the great info.

Explore

PS The ANA lounge is out. It looks like the ANA lounge opens a half hour after my plane leaves.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 7:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
SQ personnel assigned to SQ lounges at SIN deny me access to them and send me off to the SATS lounge unless ticketed in a premium cabin. SQ lounges even do this to me when I've flown into SIN on an SQ flight in first class and am connecting onto a same-day LX flight in coach as a Star Gold member.

SQ "banishes" Star Golds to a SATS lounge that is not as good as SQ's regular lounges for biz and first class passengers even for those of us willing to transfer terminals airside.

You are a funny guy, GUWonder. Is STAS the one near the SQ lounge? If so: It'w one of the worst lounges that exist!

You'd better go to the lounge in the other terminal. There is an ANA lounge (nothing special but Internet), a Thai lounge (nice food) and an airport lounge, used for LX pax leaving to Switzerland. The latter one is by far the best. In my opinion even better than the SQ lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Didi
You are a funny guy, GUWonder. Is STAS the one near the SQ lounge? If so: It'w one of the worst lounges that exist!

You'd better go to the lounge in the other terminal. There is an ANA lounge (nothing special but Internet), a Thai lounge (nice food) and an airport lounge, used for LX pax leaving to Switzerland. The latter one is by far the best. In my opinion even better than the SQ lounge.
How long ago was it that you last visited these lounges in SIN?

SATS lounge in T2 is quite nice - much better than the dump that they used to have a few years ago. In T3 the *G lounge is Kris Flyer Gold lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
How long ago was it that you last visited these lounges in SIN?

SATS lounge in T2 is quite nice - much better than the dump that they used to have a few years ago. In T3 the *G lounge is Kris Flyer Gold lounge.

I believe it must be around one year ago since I last visited SIN.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY PL, PC Platinum, RCCL Diamond
Flying LX F out of SIN - Which lounge

Hi all,
I am flying LX F next week out of SIN - I have a few questions that will be happy if you can help me out with:

1. Can I check in using the first class check in private area (Do not remember its exact name...) or is it only for SQ F?

2. Also, can I go into SQ F lounge in T3?

3. What other lounge do you recommend since I have been in SQ F a month ago and want to explore the other lounges available :-)

4. I am flying out of T1... does it make a difference or can I still go and explore the other terminal lounges?

Thanks for your information!
Ysmisc
Old Jun 11, 2008, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by ysmisc
Hi all,
I am flying LX F next week out of SIN - I have a few questions that will be happy if you can help me out with:

1. Can I check in using the first class check in private area (Do not remember its exact name...) or is it only for SQ F? No, it is in the other terminal, you have to use the LX C/F check in.

2. Also, can I go into SQ F lounge in T3? No, AFAIK

3. What other lounge do you recommend since I have been in SQ F a month ago and want to explore the other lounges available :-)

4. I am flying out of T1... does it make a difference or can I still go and explore the other terminal lounges? No, AFAIK

Ysmisc
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by ysmisc
Hi all,

1. Can I check in using the first class check in private area (Do not remember its exact name...) or is it only for SQ F?

2. Also, can I go into SQ F lounge in T3?

4. I am flying out of T1... does it make a difference or can I still go and explore the other terminal lounges?

Ysmisc

1. No idea.

2. Yes you can, because you have a *A F ticket.

3. Did you know that there is more than one SQ F lounge (one in T2 and one in T3)

4. No problem at all as long as you leave yourself enough time to get back to your gate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.