Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does LX F have a chauffeur service to plane like LH?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2008, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does LX F have a chauffeur service to plane like LH?

Hi there,
I read on some trip report that a guy flying Swiss F got the chauffeur drive that LH famousley offer to his Swiss A340 in Zurich. I was just wondering if Swiss offer this service to First class passengers or if this was just a one off. I have looked on the swiss website and can't find any mention of such a service although they don't provide much information at all about their F services. So is this a service which LX offers to all its F passangers??

Thanks
Old May 10, 2008, 4:17 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Yes, but it´s not a transfer direct to the plane, only a drive to the E dock.
Old May 10, 2008, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Ahh right. Still nice to have a limo service . Do you know what vehicles they use and if you get to pick which one you can ride in?
Old May 10, 2008, 6:44 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by pogonation
Ahh right. Still nice to have a limo service . Do you know what vehicles they use and if you get to pick which one you can ride in?
Paging rorschi, he had just a F limousine transfer 3 hours ago !!
Old May 10, 2008, 7:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by szg
Yes, but it´s not a transfer direct to the plane, only a drive to the E dock.
It's not even a limo, it's a Mecedes Van similar to the van that takes you from the FRA main terminal to the FCT. .. and you share that with all the F passengers. It holds a maximum of 6 people however. Did this two weeks ago from ZRH to JFK.
Old May 10, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: LH
Talking Depending

As I remember, they are the Mercedes Limosines like in Frankfurt and Munich if your are alone. And if it is an outsite position of an aircraft, they bring you there. Btw. Lugano and Basel have no service, Geneva a better service than Zurich.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by ACfly
It's not even a limo, it's a Mecedes Van similar to the van that takes you from the FRA main terminal to the FCT. .. and you share that with all the F passengers. It holds a maximum of 6 people however. Did this two weeks ago from ZRH to JFK.
I was picked up in a S-Class coming in on an LX flight in C connecting on SQ in F a few months ago. It was the official First Class/HON service car.
Old May 11, 2008, 3:31 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Mercedes Mini-Van and R-Class cars are frequently used in ZRH. You are not able to pick, the car size will reflect the no. of fellow passengers going to / from the same aircraft.
Old May 11, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: LH SEN
And I will not use that service again, as I had to leave the lounge much earlier then if I take the train. And they release you at the security as everyone else. So I don't see any advantage for that service, expect you might feel special.

It's not like they drop you off directly at the plane to board. Which is sad...
W
Old May 11, 2008, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Wombelero
And I will not use that service again, as I had to leave the lounge much earlier then if I take the train. And they release you at the security as everyone else. So I don't see any advantage for that service, expect you might feel special.

It's not like they drop you off directly at the plane to board. Which is sad...
W
I too found it a bit annoying when the FC Lounge agent told me to meet at the reception 45 minutes before the flight for the transfer... for me, 45min is way to early, and requested a 30 minute window.

You can tell the FC lounge agent that you want to take the later car transfer (and spend more time in the lounge)... They will do that.

The van runs every 10-15 minutes, and they drop you off before security.
Old May 11, 2008, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by see the world
I was picked up in a S-Class coming in on an LX flight in C connecting on SQ in F a few months ago. It was the official First Class/HON service car.
I believe that if you are the only F passenger and you are connecting, then it makes sense for them to provide you with a S-class. The Van is used for the bigger group.

I would be interested to hear from folks who visited the lounge, whether or not they were transfered using the S-Class. My guess is that because there are lots of F passengers in the lounge, transfers from the FC lounge is via Van and transfer on a connecting flight or via remote stand is via Limo.
Old May 11, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: LH HON
just to confirm...

for my "trips" to the E gates, it's always a VAN (shared)
for my "trips" to the APRON for my NUE flight, it's always a mercedes s-class
Old May 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
just to confirm...

for my "trips" to the E gates, it's always a VAN (shared)
for my "trips" to the APRON for my NUE flight, it's always a mercedes s-class
Thanks.. That confirms my guess.
Old May 19, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by pogonation
Hi there,
I read on some trip report that a guy flying Swiss F got the chauffeur drive that LH famousley offer to his Swiss A340 in Zurich. I was just wondering if Swiss offer this service to First class passengers or if this was just a one off. I have looked on the swiss website and can't find any mention of such a service although they don't provide much information at all about their F services. So is this a service which LX offers to all its F passangers??

Thanks
SWISS ALWAYS GO ON THE CHEAP SIDE OF PROVIDING LUXURY. THEY WILL ALWAYS PUT YOU IN A STUPID VAN WITH MANY OTHER PASSENGERS WHO ARE FLYING TO DIFFERENT DESTINATIONS. THE S CLASS IS ONLY RESERVED FOR VIPs LIKE POLITICIANS OR SPORTS LEGEND
Old May 19, 2008, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by LH/LX
SWISS ALWAYS GO ON THE CHEAP SIDE OF PROVIDING LUXURY. THEY WILL ALWAYS PUT YOU IN A STUPID VAN WITH MANY OTHER PASSENGERS WHO ARE FLYING TO DIFFERENT DESTINATIONS. THE S CLASS IS ONLY RESERVED FOR VIPs LIKE POLITICIANS OR SPORTS LEGEND
What is it with some posters who have such a problem to fit their ego into a van with other pax ?
It makes perfect sense to use the van for people departing at the same time when shuttling them from the FCL to the E pier - as the point of destination = drop of point from the shuttle at the E pier is all the same irrespectable of where they are travelling.

However when being shuttled out to apron position the choice of car various more often - most of the time I am alone to a particular flight and then it has always been R or S - would say a 1/3 to 2/3 split for the latter

Cheers

Thomas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.