Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fee for refund of taxes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2007, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Fee for refund of taxes

I have heard that LX is charging a fee for the refund of taxes if cancelling a cheap non-refundable ticket.
Can anybody confirm this?
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:46 am

Yes, that's true. 50CHF for the cheaper tickets.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:18 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
According to their terms & conditions they may charge a fee, but they never applied it to me.

I did cancel cheapo tickets ("non refunadable") twice over the last half year and both times did get back all my taxes (even the fuel pseudo-tax). I once called over the phone (had to insist to get a refund though) and once in the ticket office at ZRH airport. The refunded the money immediately within 3 minutes!

What you probabbly won't get back is the "booking fee" but I never had this as I has really cheap tickets booked over the internet, where they don't change this fee.

Also bear in mind, that if you book via a travel agent they might add their own fees at their own discretion...
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:24 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
I have always got the full tax amount back when I cancelled tickets, even with cheap flights.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
What's the latest on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.