Just found this link about the new Geneva lounge in the newsletter:
Geneva Business Lounge
Old May 16, 2007, 12:15 am
Original Poster

New GVA business class lounge open since yesterday

Has anybody been in it yet?

From the Swiss.com Newsletter:

New Geneva Business Class lounge now open

SWISS welcomed the first guests to its new Business Class lounge at GenevaAirport on May 15. Visitors experience a clear sense of Swissness the moment they encounter the lounge’s welcoming tones, starting with the reception desk and the distinctive stone wall along the entrance. Its visual impact testifies to fine Swiss craftsmanship and is reminiscent of building exteriors commonly found in Ticino and the Engadine region.

Tailored to satisfying the needs of SWISS’s business class customers, the new lounge sets the accent on hospitality and a warm “at home” atmosphere, which is achieved through an appealing blend of comfort and spaciousness throughout. The all-round well-being of customers is covered by the lounge’s bistro zone, relaxation zone, entertainment zone and Internet corner. Another noteworthy feature is the subtle lighting provided by the lounge’s lamps, which have been especially designed for SWISS and can be adapted in line with the time of day.

The enhanced sense of space is partly attributable to the comfortable new single seats. Created by renowned British designer Jasper Morrison, the seats are made by Swiss manufacturer VITRA, with whom SWISS has formed a preferred marketing partnership.

With the new lounge up and running, SWISS is pleased to now move ahead with plans for the airport’s Senator and First Class lounges, which are scheduled to open in late summer.
Old May 16, 2007, 12:29 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Just found this link about the new Geneva lounge in the newsletter:
Geneva Business Lounge
A quick question .. is this new lounge still outside of security? That's the one thing I mind most about the Geneva lounges, they are all outside of security.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old May 16, 2007, 5:46 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
A quick question .. is this new lounge still outside of security? That's the one thing I mind most about the Geneva lounges, they are all outside of security.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Yes it is and all of them are except on the French sector.

This will change by the end of 2008 when Switzerland joins Schengen zone and the airport changes its security lay out.
Old May 16, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Bear in mind that the new opened lounge is not the SEN lounge! It's the biz lounge only. A new SEN lounge (as well as an F lounge) will be opened in late summer.
Old May 16, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by Cyba
I like how SENs are now 2nd tier!

I'm confused: Last time I was in GVA late March, the old LX F lounge (just past the doors at the top of the stairs) was closed for reconstruction. The C lounge (along the balcony over the dufree shops) was still operating. Which of the 2 is now the SEN lounge?
Through the sliding door, past the BA-lounge - where the old LH SEN lounge was before is the new lounge. But there is no SEN lounge any longer.
Old May 16, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by LHWolf
Through the sliding door, past the BA-lounge - where the old LH SEN lounge was before is the new lounge. But there is no SEN lounge any longer.
Ah! makes sense now. Look forward to checking it all out next time I'm there.
Old May 17, 2007, 6:45 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
what will be at the top of the stairs where the old business lounge was?
Old May 17, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
what will be at the top of the stairs where the old business lounge was?
Friendly bump. Anyone?

F.R.
Old May 26, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I was there Thursday. The old LX lounge was in two parts - the left side was the lounge for a bunch of airlines and the right side was LX/*A. The lounge is now all "left side".
Old May 28, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: LH MM
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I was there Thursday. The old LX lounge was in two parts - the left side was the lounge for a bunch of airlines and the right side was LX/*A. The lounge is now all "left side".
Nah, I think you're talking about the old lounge. The new LX Biz Lounge is indeed past the BA Lounge all the way to the end of the corridor on the right hand side. The "two part" thing is the old lounge and on the left side you had and have a bunch of air lines (i think among them SAS). The only LX Lounge is the Biz Lounge. The warden by the way told me that there will be no SEN Lounge, which is of course nonsense. I even told him that he's wrong but he insisted. So I gave up, can't educate everybody...
Old May 28, 2007, 5:58 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
They've indeed confirmed the opening of a new SEN lounge, late summer. I wonder why there is no SEN lounge in ZRH, except the LH lounge in Terminal 2.
Old May 28, 2007, 6:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
I wonder why there is no SEN lounge in ZRH, except the LH lounge in Terminal 2.
AFAIK a decision has been made that LX will provide the same lounge structure (FTL/SEN/HON) in ZRH as LH usually has (first step in this direction is GVA). And according to my source they are currently working on this issue and it could even be that everything will be ready for use in late summer / early autumn.

The proposed plan for ZRH is to build a new HON/F-class lounge and let SEN/*G use the cubicle currently used by the former ones. There LX will provide better food offerings (hot and cold food) for their gold customers; should then be on par with the LH lounge in terminal 2.

The new HON/F-lounge will be where unique and Swissair had the former VIP/First class Lounge five years ago (I'm sure some of you still remember it: before security to the A gates you had to climb a spiral staircase and then turn left...). The space will be brightened and service/infrastructure should also be adjusted to what LH offers in FRA/MUC. The construction work for this project started about a month ago, I was told.

Last edited by Frequent_Flyer1; May 28, 2007 at 8:09 am Reason: spelling...
Old May 28, 2007, 7:56 am

Will the HON lounge in GVA be in the same place as the old LX F lounge?

Timing could be perfect - I will get to HON status in September or so
Old Jul 8, 2007, 7:41 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
GVA lounges... [merged Geneva lounge thread]

I see that LX have a new Business lounge in GVA. But looking at the Swiss website there appears to be two other lounges (in addition to the First lounge). Is this still correct and which lounge would you recommend at the airport? I'm *G.

Thanks a lot.

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.