Special Offer: Double Your Status Miles From August 1st To November 30 2007

Old Jul 19, 07, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Special Offer: Double Your Status Miles From August 1st To November 30 2007

Hello to All,

I just received a personal letter this morning from Frank Maler (Head of Miles and More Marketing) sying I could get part on the promotion for double Status miles from August 1st until November 30th 2007.

This promotion is "by invitation only" and is personal...

Sign in at www.miles-and-more.ch/status

This promotion is design to "help" old Swiss TravelClub Gold Members to keep their Senator Status...
For me I am sort of 38'000 Status Miles in 2007 to renew my Senator Status... so with this promotion no problems......

A for all of you my question is now... : can I get to HON with this promotion???

Thanks,

kooks
Old Jul 19, 07, 6:53 am
mbr

Programs: LX HON, SK Diamond, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Unfortunately I haven't received this letter but I have anyway requalified already last year and this year as well. But I would be very interested ïn the Promo since with it I might get HON this year. Without Promo no chance at all.
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:14 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
So a flight in paid C would be quadruple status miles ??
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by berlinflyer View Post
So a flight in paid C would be quadruple status miles ??
Yes I guess so...

Since the promo says double status miles for every flight with LX or LH metal...

Very good in conjuction with the WE savers from LX...

kooks...^
Old Jul 19, 07, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN-2013, PC Platinum, HH Silver, MR
I was able to register at the link provided above (without having received the invitation). I got an e-mail confirmation after registration: " Besten Dank für Ihre Teilnahme an der Promotion "Keep Status". Falls Sie Fragen zur Promotion haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an das Miles & More Service Team, Telefon +41 (0)848 85 6000." Let's what will happen.

Thanks for posting this!
Old Jul 19, 07, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Looks like they are having a serious erosion of LX SENs who are either a.) flying less (unlikely) or b.) flying other airlines (probable).

I know that LH had some keep status promotions in the past but not this early in the year. Perhaps the bad CH press/TV publicity on lack of awards has done some damage too ?
Old Jul 20, 07, 12:08 am
mbr

Programs: LX HON, SK Diamond, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
I could also register. But I don't think it will work out since I have not received the invitation.
Old Jul 20, 07, 9:50 am

Programs: LH
Unhappy Did not receive nothing yet

I did not receive nothing yet. Was it an Email or was it sent by yellow post? Did any Senator get it as well? Is there a logik behind it?
Old Jul 20, 07, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chumbawumba View Post
I did not receive nothing yet. Was it an Email or was it sent by yellow post? Did any Senator get it as well? Is there a logik behind it?
I got the offer via the "Yellow" Swiss post, it was posted from Germany..

kooks,
Old Jul 20, 07, 3:20 pm

Programs: some
I did receive it as well, but as I'm only 22k miles short for this year it doesn't help me much. Me SO who has FTL status has already re-qualified for this year and didn't receive anything so far.
Old Jul 20, 07, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
I got it as well, although I have already requalified. But thanks to LH's unreliable flight tracking, they don't know that yet (retroclaim in progress). So thank you, I'll bag the extra miles.

Also interesting to read that they advertise that one would be able to buy SEN in January 2008 if regular qualification criteria are not met.
Old Jul 20, 07, 4:12 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
As far as I understand, only status-miles are given out with this promo, but not award-miles (and neither HON-miles).

This means, that the counter will be reset to 0 on new year's eve.

In Germany, only 25% were given in the past with such promos, and within a much shorter period. And - effectively - status miles only.
Old Jul 21, 07, 2:58 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
rorschi, are you saying that the 50% extra status miles are non-redeemable?
Old Jul 21, 07, 5:01 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Yes, and I would agree. That is how such promos have been done in the past. The promo runs until the end of November, and in early December you get a one-time bonus of Status Miles only. That may or may not take you over the threshhold for requalification. In any case, the extra miles disappear January 1st.

The idea behind this promo is not to give you extra miles, but to make it easier to keep your status. I guess this is the best thing they could think of to realize that goal.
Old Jul 21, 07, 8:45 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Yes, as alex0683de wrote it above.

With the slight difference, that they give 100% extra status miles within 4 calendar months for reaching 100K.
As I have a German adress, I would have received just 25% extra status miles within 2 calendar months for reaching 130K... (but don't need extramiles anymore this year, though).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: