Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Offer: Double Your Status Miles From August 1st To November 30 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thank you guys for the clarification - there go my hoped-for extra miles, then.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 2:19 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Double Exec Bonus?

Will double "status miles" also include the 25% excecutive bonus?

Example: An intra-european flight in business would be
(2000 + 500 executive bonus) * 2 = 5000 Status Miles?

All right all right, I should not complain here. It's a nice offer. I'm just glad to know in advance that the additional status miles might not be award miles as well.

It's the second time after last year's "quadrupple miles" where I apparently understand the marketing-talk differently then M&M are handling it.

Regarding the "Status-but-not-award-miles", I think if Rorschi is right, then M&M are skating on rather thin ice here.

Quote from the M&M leaflet (choose: Miles, second page):
"Every mile earned with these airlines automatically counts as an award as well as a status mile."

So the argument would be that because I will "receive" double status miles, I haven't actually "earned" them?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
So the argument would be that because I will "receive" double status miles, I haven't actually "earned" them?
We former STC-members have still the habitude that "Clubmiles" could be reedemed as well.

On the M&M-Homepage, you find this note about LX:

Receive award, status and HON Circle miles on all flights.

On this promo, you can just earn double status-miles. On many other promos (for example on new routes with LH), you can just earn double award-miles.
I have not yet seen any promo on which additional award-, status- and HON-miles were given.

Your other question if the exec-bonus will be doubled as well is interesting. Who asks LX about this? (Not me, as I have not been targeted...).
Old Jul 22, 2007, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by rorschi
Your other question if the exec-bonus will be doubled as well is interesting. Who asks LX about this? (Not me, as I have not been targeted...).
double status miles usually means double exec bonus as well. its been like this in the past, so i would guess its the same now...
Old Jul 22, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
The bad thing is that you will only know in december if the promo has worked out for you. And then it might be too late to accumulate the missing miles for some people.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
The bad thing is that you will only know in december if the promo has worked out for you. And then it might be too late to accumulate the missing miles for some people.
If you got the letter you should be safe...

Just do the math for the missing award miles and you should also be OK...

That is what I think.

kooks.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Maybe LHrelate can find out?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 5:27 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
For those lucky enough to be invited for this promo, but still in doubt about the rules, here's the reply from M&M:

[...] erhalten auf Linienflügen mit Lufthansa (LH) und SWISS (LX) im Aktionszeitraum 100% zusätzliche Statusmeilen. Die Berechnung der 100% erfolgt auf Basis der für den Flug vergebenen Statusmeilen inklusive Executive Bonus.

Die zusätzlichen Meilen gelten nur als Status Meilen und können nicht als Prämie eingesetzt werden.

In other words (and other language): Rorschi and Alex are right: The double miles are only STATUS-miles. They cannot be redeemed for awards.

Double miles are calculated on Statusmiles INCLUDING Executive Bonus.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
For those lucky enough to be invited for this promo, but still in doubt about the rules, here's the reply from M&M:

In other words (and other language): Rorschi and Alex are right: The double miles are only STATUS-miles. They cannot be redeemed for awards.

Double miles are calculated on Statusmiles INCLUDING Executive Bonus.
This is a great news...

So on WE special you pay around 400 CHF from GVA and you get 7000 + 1750 miles X2 = 17'500 status miles..... and 8750 miles are awards possible.

Very good also compared to the Coop Trophy Promotion.... but again you have to take the plane...

Thanks again....

kooks ^
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Just wanted to let you know that the status miles from this promo were credited to my account today. Great and nice to have but in the end I wouldn't need them now as I overshot the target by several thousand miles...
Old Dec 4, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Just wanted to let you know that the status miles from this promo were credited to my account today. Great and nice to have but in the end I wouldn't need them now as I overshot the target by several thousand miles...
Anyone else?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Anyone else?

YES I got my miles credited too...

Everything is OK, double status miles posted incl. of the SEN 25% bonuses..

Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: some
arrived here as well and with this promo I would have kept status just with my travels in October and November - to bad they do not count as Hon Miles...(or real miles)
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: LH
Question Targeted

Originally Posted by kooks
YES I got my miles credited too...

Everything is OK, double status miles posted incl. of the SEN 25% bonuses..

Where you targeted? Did someone who was not targeted get those extra status miles?

Last edited by chumbawumba; Dec 4, 2007 at 6:26 pm Reason: Out of interest.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:18 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Where you targeted? Did someone who was not targeted get those extra status miles?
Yes it was targeted to those existing Senators needing to requalify and not having made it by late summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.