Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:28 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Bold statement and not necessarily true *G through A3 (I hear it's quite easy/'cheap'), SK (based on segments), TK status match or totally free as in my own case (employer kindly paying for roughly 200+ flights a year) and I am sure there are several other cases

G
All of my flights I paid out of my pocket... Segments with SAS only count SAS flights btw, so it’s not that easy. This just makes me sad.
Anyway... Your employer doesn’t by any chance wants to pay for my flights too?

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 4, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Bold statement and not necessarily true *G through A3 (I hear it's quite easy/'cheap'), SK (based on segments), TK status match or totally free as in my own case (employer kindly paying for roughly 200+ flights a year) and I am sure there are several other cases

G
Dearly can apply both financially and/or physically

Either way, pretty much all my ex-ZRH flights leave out of E, so I'm not too upset. But still sad.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Dearly can apply both financially and/or physically

Either way, pretty much all my ex-ZRH flights leave out of E, so I'm not too upset. But still sad.
I'll second that (with particular emphasis on the physically bit, I've been 'air-commuting' for over 10 years now...) and share the sadness as well (speaking as a non-SEN)

G
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Nick Art
It’s not free.
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I think we all pay dearly for it...
Indeed, we all pay dearly for it. But that's not even the point.

I get status by flying a Star Alliance airline based in my home country; this is probably the way most *G members obtain status. When I fly into Europe, I have the choice of using ZRH, FRA or MUC as the most logical hubs for connecting flights. Taking away access (that I've earned and paid for) to a quiet place at one of these airports will only cause me to fly through a different one. Maybe LX thinks they don't need the traffic through ZRH, who knows...

As a quick aside, my home airline recently opened a new lounge which is inaccessible to anyone not flying on a paid business class ticket; so *G or any top-tier frequent flyer sitting in economy or premium economy, or anyone flying on a business class reward ticket is turned away. The difference? This new lounge was built in addition to the existing one accessible to *G.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Anyway... Your employer doesn’t by any chance wants to pay for my flights too?
Funnily enough, I am employed by one of those big pharma businesses literally 'next door' (or so to speak) to you so now you know what to do when you finish studies

G
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:10 pm

Their whole social media team better be looking for new jobs if they turn out to be wrong (since apparently *G and FTL do have access in real life..)

Or LX finally does realize they actually need pro's to run their social media in todays world.. paging Steffen
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by IB6825
This is madness
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:35 pm

And here I am having written confirmation from someone else at LX that lounge access in A is the same as in E...

Seriously Swiss.. this wouldnt be even acceptable on a 2-men hobby project..
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:51 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Good news then. The solution is to designate LH group business lounges *G (also accessible to FTL) and finally enhance the SEN lounges for what their name says: SEN's (and *first). SEN status is well above most *G ones.
I think this would be fair. What do you think?
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:00 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by behuman
Good news then. The solution is to designate LH group business lounges *G (also accessible to FTL) and finally enhance the SEN lounges for what their name says: SEN's (and *first). SEN status is well above most *G ones.
I think this would be fair. What do you think?
I know what you mean but may I present some arguments against this:
The Sen lounges are huge, I don’t think their size allows for tem
only to be accessed by SENs.
I also think that all own *G airline lounges should be accessible to all *G and not only their own elites. I think that would be fair. I mean as SEN you also have access to the SAS Gold lounge and not only their silver.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles Elite, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
And here I am having written confirmation from someone else at LX that lounge access in A is the same as in E...

Seriously Swiss.. this wouldnt be even acceptable on a 2-men hobby project..
can you show us your written confirmation?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:27 pm

At the lounge the opening hours are 5.45 to 22.30 and a Star Gold sign is displayed.. which is different than what can be found online (5.30 to 22.30)
ffsim likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:25 pm

No changes after all?

I’ve sent my colleague a text first this morning (she’s based at head office in Switzerland and flies back home from ZRH either on a Wednesday night or Thursday morning) asking her about the new lounge (I played dumb): she obviously got in and, like myself, she’s Diamond/*G through SAS, she clearly wasn’t aware of the access palaver.

G
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: LX SEN
Website now also shows that *G and FTL have access:
https://www.swiss.com/no/EN/fly/airp...h#t-page=pane2

• SWISS Business Lounge ABusiness Class SWISS, Business Class Lufthansa Group, Business Class Star Alliance, Miles & More Frequent Travellers
  • Senator Lounge AMiles & More Senator, Star Alliance Gold Member, First Class Star Alliance
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by alinghi90
Website now also shows that *G and FTL have access:
https://www.swiss.com/no/EN/fly/airp...h#t-page=pane2
Yay!!! @YuropFlyer keeps his car lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.