Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:57 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by HLU
Hello, we are flying LAX - ZRH - FCO with about a 2.5 hour layover in ZRH on June 27th. We are US Passport holders. I promise that I have tried researching, but haven't able to find what terminal we will arrive and depart from, the level of customs and security we need to plan for and what would be our best lounge choice given our lack of status other than J class travel. I'll also admit that the Schengen zone/area discussion adds to my lack of understanding. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!
You'll be arriving at Terminal E. My suggestion would be to then head straight to the Business Class Lounge in said terminal.
But be aware! You'll need to go through customs after your lounge visit. Sadly If you go through customs first to the shengen area where your flight will be departing from (most certainly from A or B), there won't really be a lounge for you to visit. (Under construction)
In Terminal E there is also a transfer desk if you have any questions, your boarding pass for the ZRH-FCO flight should have been printed in LAX already though.
I'd say if you are familiar with the airport you can make it from E to A/B in about ten minutes (including passport control), but as a non EU passport holder who is not familiar with the airport I'd go with 45 minutes. Just follow the signs saying Towards "A and B". I think I'd also not be a bad idea to maybe have a look at the airport map: https://www.zurich-airport.com/passe...-en/site-plans

Regarding shengen and non shengen zone: The shengen zone would be like domestic part of the terminal in the US. Since in Europe you can travel through all shengen zone countries without passport control or visa needs it's like flying domestically in the US. (the shengen zone of Europe is like being in one big country).

Have a nice flight

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 16, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:28 pm
HLU

Nick,

Thanks very much for the very comprehensive and super helpful reply! It pulled everything I had been reading about (including the applicability of the closed lounge) together perfectly.

Also, thanks for the posting welcome for this very long time lurker!

Best regards,
Heidi
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:45 pm

i’m traveling with two friends and wanted to show them the E senator lounge. we’re flying swiss in Y (intra europe) and i’m *G. they don’t have any status.
i know i’m only allowed to bring one guest. what are the chances them letting all of us in? and would they admit my two friends if i opt to stay outside?

or could i bring one of them into a lounge at the A gates and then bring the other one to the E lounge?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by nemenor
i’m traveling with two friends and wanted to show them the E senator lounge. we’re flying swiss in Y (intra europe) and i’m *G. they don’t have any status.
i know i’m only allowed to bring one guest. what are the chances them letting all of us in? and would they admit my two friends if i opt to stay outside?

or could i bring one of them into a lounge at the A gates and then bring the other one to the E lounge?
They will most likely (99.9%) not let you in with two guests and since they are your guests, you can also not stay outside.

Some LH Group lounges allow you to bring a second guest, if you pay for the second guests; but no guarantee.

You could probably guest one into A and one into E, but would violate lounge rules by that, as the rules say your guest has to leave before or with you.

Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ced_lx
I am arriving in F in ZRH. A friend just told me he is leaving from ZRH a few hours later in C (waitlist for an upgrade to F...). I have a flight to YUL in F the next day (forced night in ZRH). Can I make my way to the F lounge on arrival in ZRH and wait for my firend there then leave for the city?

I'm thinking this isn't possible...
Well arriving LX F Passengers can use the F Lounge as far as I know.

Originally Posted by gabdusch
Just an update, I had no issues accessing the ZRH F lounge (E-pier) on arrival from LAX with a companion flying in C. The lounge agent did not even ask for onward BPs.
So it only depends on weither your friend gets the upgrade to F or not.
Without he can't enter the F Lounge, not even as your guest since he isn't on the same flight.
If he is *G you could meet him in the SEN Lounge and if he's only eligable for the Business Lounge you could meet him there.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:31 am

Is there an update on the opening of the Business Lounge I will be arriving in J class from LAX on July 2 and onward to MUC that evening. Is there a confirmed opening date for the Business Lounge in A
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by HBFlyer
Is there an update on the opening of the Business Lounge I will be arriving in J class from LAX on July 2 and onward to MUC that evening. Is there a confirmed opening date for the Business Lounge in A
I'll ask for you tomorrow.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
As you will arrive at dock E, I would recommend to hit the lounges there and spend most of the layover there before heading over to A, regardless of whether A is open by then or not.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:32 am

I'd like to have your timing skills!
The new lounges in A are supposed to open... on July 2nd.

At the same time, unless you have time to go for both, I'd also recommend going for the E one.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:33 am

As always thank you all for the valuable information. Appreciate you all taking the time to help me out.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Arriving LX J from JFK with four hours to OA J to DBV, looks like we’d be getting in E gates and leaving from D non schengen gates. Have Star Gold card, what’s the nicest Senator lounges that we can access? Would prefer to avoid additional security checks, don’t mind passport checks and not really interested in arrivals lounge.

thanks
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Well arriving LX F Passengers can use the F Lounge as far as I know.

So it only depends on weither your friend gets the upgrade to F or not.
Without he can't enter the F Lounge, not even as your guest since he isn't on the same flight.
If he is *G you could meet him in the SEN Lounge and if he's only eligable for the Business Lounge you could meet him there.
FYI, I was told that my friend could have joined me as a guest in the E lounge. Even if he was in C. His connecting flight was delayed so we ended up scrapping the meeting... but honestly I think the staff was a little confused as they don’t see this situation often.

On on a separate note, his flight to SIN was waitlisted in F, the miles where deducted from my account (65k) but he was still in C as of checking in... is this normal? I guess I should expect a miles credit soon?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:14 pm

Hello everyone

Just as a warning / heads up: First time I experienced some a****** at immigration that actually refused me to head to E gates for visiting the lounge. Guess some idiots really exist.. his superior told him to let me through, but you really dont want to be treated by someone like him.

Bring your CH / EFTA / EU passport with you at all times to use the automatic gates and skip that o2 using person at all costs. Funnily enough, orange hair... (not kidding here..)
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Hello everyone

Just as a warning / heads up: First time I experienced some a****** at immigration that actually refused me to head to E gates for visiting the lounge. Guess some idiots really exist.. his superior told him to let me through, but you really dont want to be treated by someone like him.

Bring your CH / EFTA / EU passport with you at all times to use the automatic gates and skip that o2 using person at all costs. Funnily enough, orange hair... (not kidding here..)
What was the reason for denial?
I sure hope you noted the name and are planning to send an official complaint their way.
Although I’m tempted to give them the benefit of the doubt (in dubio pro reo): Maybe they did not know better and have now learnt that lesson the hard way and will not make that mistake again?

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 25, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:50 am

Maybe someone new? My interaction went somewhat like this

-Where are you flying to?
-Vienna
-You know that's not in there, right? Are you going to the lounges?
-Yes and yes.
-Enjoy!

However I do recommend bringing a passport anyway as there was a fair bit of a line for booths, while there was noone at all at the e-gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.