Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by tuchop
Hello everyone!
I'll be flying J from ZRH to FRA then FRA to EZE in F on the same booking. Am I correct to assume I'll have access to to the LX A terminal F class lounge? what about the E termina F loungel? can I even get to that terminal to check it out?
Thanks!
Yes / Yes / Depends on your passport (Schengen visa)
Old May 13, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Thanks for the answer! I have both Italian and Argentinean passports. Which one should I use?
Also, is there any limit in the amount of hours before the flight that I can check my bags?
Old May 14, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by tuchop
Thanks for the answer! I have both Italian and Argentinean passports. Which one should I use?
Also, is there any limit in the amount of hours before the flight that I can check my bags?
23hrs before departure (you can only get airside on the same calendar day, though)

Generally, a EU passport should be better to hop over to Non-Schengen E and back, but if you're otherwise travelling only on our Argentinian passport (ie, you never use your Italian otherwise) records might show up "funny" and you'd have to explain what you're doing. But it shouldn't be a problem. Your Argentinian one will get stamped otherwise, even if you hold unlimited Schengen entry-exit visa, to my understanding, so to avoid 2 extra stamps, using the Italian one might be better (but I'm not an expert on dual-passport holders...)
tuchop likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:40 pm

Will I be able to access the Swiss arrivals lounge if I flew in on J class Swiss/AC codeshare, but AC metal? Thank you
Old May 24, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
[QUOTE=midnightmartini;29791824]
Will I be able to access the Swiss arrivals lounge if I flew in on J class Swiss/AC codeshare, but AC metal? Thank you
No Lx metal only
ffsim likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:40 am

Hello again I called Swiss they said I would be able to use the arrivals lounge, but they cannot confirm if they have shampoo conditioner or a hair dryer. Does anyone know? I am packing now and would prefer not to bring those if possible. Thank you
Old May 26, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by midnightmartini
Hello again I called Swiss they said I would be able to use the arrivals lounge, but they cannot confirm if they have shampoo conditioner or a hair dryer. Does anyone know? I am packing now and would prefer not to bring those if possible. Thank you
shampoo for sure, hair dryer not sure but I would imagine that also
midnightmartini likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by midnightmartini
Last time I used the Swiss Arrival Lounge at ZRH, they provided shampoo, conditioner and body wash in addition to a hairdryer. I believe they also had a toothbrush, toothpaste and body lotion.

Two points of caution:

(1) If you do bring a hairdryer from YYZ, make sure it's a travel-ready one which can work on 220V otherwise you'll end up burning it out;
(2) Air Canada pax have never had access to the Swiss Arrivals Lounge unless they hold appropriate status with LX or LH.

You can see the information here for yourself, but I personally wouldn't hold my breath getting into that lounge as a no-status AC J customer. The website explicitly states who has access, and non-LX/LH airlines are clearly excluded.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I have never been to an arrivals lounge that does not provide shampoo, towels and hairdryer. ZRH is no exception.
chipper and ffsim like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
I am *G, first time through ZRH next week flying LX SIN-ZRH then connecting LX ZRH-ATH. Not sure in ZRH which terminals arrival and departure flights operate from and which would be the best lounge to visit for the 4h layover in ZRH. Many thanks for your guidance. Iain
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by IainC
I am *G, first time through ZRH next week flying LX SIN-ZRH then connecting LX ZRH-ATH. Not sure in ZRH which terminals arrival and departure flights operate from and which would be the best lounge to visit for the 4h layover in ZRH. Many thanks for your guidance. Iain
Arrival from SIN is considered "dirty", so you'll have to go through at least one security check (and immigration)

Most probably your arrival will be at E gate (chance of D gates), your departure is most probably from the A gates (chance of B gates)

Anyway, transfer and lounge access is really easy.

If you arrive in E, you've two choices:
1) Go into SEN Lounge E (Security Check beforehand, immigration later on when you go towards your ATH gate)
2) Go towards Arrivals to visit the Arrivals lounge (No security check, just immigration)

You can combine them freely. Also it's possible to visit the E lounge first, then the Arrival lounge, then head towards your Gate, but that will make it a double security check (once before E lounge, once when getting back airside)

But security checks in ZRH - especially on the priority lane - almost always is fast and civilized. $

Thus distance (and FT-spirit wise!) visiting first the Sen E lounge (they do good omelettes and other egg dishes to order - but no bacon anymore..) and then visiting the Arrival lounge (Bacon, sausages, quite good sweets..) will be a good idea to "kill" your 4hrs in ZRH

There is currently no proper lounge at the A gates for anyone but F/HON pax, LX is handing out rather lame vouchers instead (for a year now.. go figure!) - but by visiting the lounges and then grabbing the voucher, you'll show Swiss what you think of their cheapness

Get a voucher (just try to reach the A area about 45min prior to departure), get yourself some stuff at the NZZ café (my personal favorites is "Kägi Fret" chocolate and a Coke Zero 5dl for take away, since you'll have filled up in the lounge beforehand anyway ) and then head to your gate. But spend the 3+ hours beforehand either/and at the Sen E / Arrival lounge Have fun.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Arrival from SIN is considered "dirty", so you'll have to go through at least one security check (and immigration)

Most probably your arrival will be at E gate (chance of D gates), your departure is most probably from the A gates (chance of B gates)

Anyway, transfer and lounge access is really easy.

If you arrive in E, you've two choices:
1) Go into SEN Lounge E (Security Check beforehand, immigration later on when you go towards your ATH gate)
2) Go towards Arrivals to visit the Arrivals lounge (No security check, just immigration)

You can combine them freely. Also it's possible to visit the E lounge first, then the Arrival lounge, then head towards your Gate, but that will make it a double security check (once before E lounge, once when getting back airside)

But security checks in ZRH - especially on the priority lane - almost always is fast and civilized. $

Thus distance (and FT-spirit wise!) visiting first the Sen E lounge (they do good omelettes and other egg dishes to order - but no bacon anymore..) and then visiting the Arrival lounge (Bacon, sausages, quite good sweets..) will be a good idea to "kill" your 4hrs in ZRH

There is currently no proper lounge at the A gates for anyone but F/HON pax, LX is handing out rather lame vouchers instead (for a year now.. go figure!) - but by visiting the lounges and then grabbing the voucher, you'll show Swiss what you think of their cheapness

Get a voucher (just try to reach the A area about 45min prior to departure), get yourself some stuff at the NZZ café (my personal favorites is "Kägi Fret" chocolate and a Coke Zero 5dl for take away, since you'll have filled up in the lounge beforehand anyway ) and then head to your gate. But spend the 3+ hours beforehand either/and at the Sen E / Arrival lounge Have fun.
Wow! Excellent, thank you very much for this detailed guide and recommendations YuropFlyer^
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Transfer F Lounge Terminal E to D Gates

Currently, LX 288 to JNB leaves from D gates. Is there still a transfer for F passengers from the lounge in E to D gates? I am not sure if this this service still exists after opening of the new F lounge in A.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: LXFF
I am arriving in F in ZRH. A friend just told me he is leaving from ZRH a few hours later in C (waitlist for an upgrade to F...). I have a flight to YUL in F the next day (forced night in ZRH). Can I make my way to the F lounge on arrival in ZRH and wait for my firend there then leave for the city?

I'm thinking this isn't possible...
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:49 pm
HLU

A little ZRH info please...

Hello, we are flying LAX - ZRH - FCO with about a 2.5 hour layover in ZRH on June 27th. We are US Passport holders. I promise that I have tried researching, but haven't able to find what terminal we will arrive and depart from, the level of customs and security we need to plan for and what would be our best lounge choice given our lack of status other than J class travel. I'll also admit that the Schengen zone/area discussion adds to my lack of understanding. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.