Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Gamerska
Would like to speak offline regarding poor decision not to have hand luggage storage lockers in the Terminal E lounge which has longhaul flights with long layovers. Bad planning.
Somehow, I‘m not really sure why anyone would actually need luggage storage in any lounge (particularly not in the ZRH E lounges) - as long as you‘re in the lounge, you could always take your carryons with you, and if you want to leave the lounge (or the airport), there will usually be luggage storage facilities provided by the airport. This is particularly true for concourse E, where there is literally nowhere to go except for the lounges without leaving the concourse.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying YUL-ZRH-DXB in J, no *A status, 6 hour layover.

Am I correct that I'd be arriving into and departing from the E gates? So I guess the SWISS Business Lounge E would be what I have access to?

Is there a kids play area in the lounge or elsewhere near the lounge?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I'm flying YUL-ZRH-DXB in J, no *A status, 6 hour layover.

Am I correct that I'd be arriving into and departing from the E gates? So I guess the SWISS Business Lounge E would be what I have access to?

Is there a kids play area in the lounge or elsewhere near the lounge?
Most likely you will arrive at an depart from E. This is also where the nicest/newest lounges are. There ist a Play area in the terminal, but not in the lounge itself. However, there are usually quiet spots where kids can play.
nabeelj likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
However, there are usually quiet spots where kids can play.
Where kids DO play, its no longer quiet.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Where kids DO play, its no longer quiet.
Quiet in the sense of unused.

Nothing wrong with kids playing in lounges. That’s life.
nabeelj and SwissBritMiss like this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:24 pm

Nothing wrong with kids playing in lounges. That’s life.
I disagree, and that is my life. Lounges are not kindergartens. Be free to even play with kids when I am not there.
kahuna1993 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I disagree, and that is my life. Lounges are not kindergartens. Be free to even play with kids when I am not there.
My kids are flying in J, and I will be sure to let them enjoy the lounge as much as their fellow passengers.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:41 pm

My kids are flying in J, and I will be sure to let them enjoy the lounge as much as their fellow passengers.
No problem, just tell us when so I can change my flight.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:59 am

I guess you know well how to behave in a lounge and teached your children the same, then I don't see any issues with that.

Especially with good weather (when the balcony is open) kids will find something to make them busy with, but if the lounge is packed, queue at the buffet, and generally little space available (and this is the norm during rush hours) then I don't think kids will enjoy it much.
nabeelj and kahuna1993 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:45 am

Flying from A gates yesterday. I decided to check out the E lounge. Passport control didn’t seem to mind when I said I was going to the lounge. It was probably 10-15 minutes to get from A gates to E gates. Passport control wasn’t too busy. No additional security checks either. It was worth the walk/train ride over to the E lounge.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:17 am

Please relax, as there is nothing you an do about it anyway and my kids will play there whether you like it or not.

The balconies are great, my kids love them.
nabeelj likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:09 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Please relax, as there is nothing you an do about it anyway and my kids will play there whether you like it or not.
The balconies are great, my kids love them.
Wow, another children in lounge thread .
For sure you are right worldclubber, we can do nothing about it, but be sure that I would confront you and your (and also my) stay in the lounge would be unpleasant as a result of it. Children notice when their parents get into trouble and this makes nice memories for their future life .
kahuna1993 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by behuman
... but be sure that I would confront you and your (and also my) stay in the lounge would be unpleasant as a result of it.
You would „confront“ parents just because they take their kids to a lounge? No comment!

Let’s get back to the topic of the thread and the question at hand: there is no play area in the lounges in Dock E but children are, of course, permitted. End of story.
nabeelj likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
there is no play area in the lounges in Dock E but children are, of course, permitted. End of story.
There is one next to it: but yes it's more for toddler.

Here is my own rule about kids in the lounge (for myself - the others are of course free to do whatever they want as long as they respect the official laws and rules):

If the kids behave, they can stay in the lounge.
If they don't, their place is outside of the lounge (in order to keep peace in the lounge). And I can tell you it really pissed me off the last time I was in FCL for only about 10-15 min out of my more than 1 hour waiting time. I love being pampered in the lounge, but (with kids) sometimes you have to skip that to let the others enjoy it. Finally you play with them outside of the lounge, which is great by the way for many purposes and try just not to think too much about what you're missing .

nb: this rule should be applied to adults as well

And sorry guys for being a little off-topic, but I just had to add that once somewhere on FT.
behuman, more4less and kahuna1993 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I am flying SFO-FRA (LH F) FRA-ZRH (LH J) ZRH-AMS (LX J). I have *G through AC, and will have someone with me on the same itinerary but with no status.

We have 3.5 hours in ZRH.

Can we do whisky tasting? I assume that would require doing exit and entry immigration just for the lounge (which could pose a problem?)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.