Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by relaxingflyer
Hi Swiss flyer

I am on a flight from HKG-ZRH-LHR with 4 hour layover which I intend to try out multiple lounges and do some shopping. My plan is to visit lounge E first (I assume I land in E so I can go straight there?) which everyone have high praise, then go out to arrival lounge and do some shopping at Ladrech. Finally go to lounge A to wind down and catch up with some works before the flights.

Can I go to all 3 lounges?
Yes, you'll probably even spend some minutes in the D lounge (since flights to Non-Schengen european destinations usually depart from there) - assuming you hold a Nationality that allows (unlimited) entry into Schengen.
Do I have enough time?
Yes

I intend to take a shower and some breakfast should I go to lounge E or arrival?
I'd inquire about a shower in E, and if quoted with more than 30min queue time don't bother with it.
I thinking of having a peek on the observation at dock E will I have enough time?
No, since the first shuttle bus doesn't depart before 11.15, and that's only on Sat/Sun anyway. Till 26th October, the observation deck at B gates (from where the shuttle to E goes anyway) opens at 9am, afterwards only at 10am. 9am might just cut it.

What is the different between business and senator lounge?
Senator is for *G and *A First class pax (and their guests), business class is for Business class pax and FTL (M&M *S). Senator is a bit better (especially in E when you like Whisky)

In short: Visit E lounges, either shower there or shower at Arrivals lounge, do shopping, head for Observation deck, head through security, visit A lounges, head to D non Schengen area, visit lounge there, board your aircraft.
relaxingflyer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Hi Swiss flyer

I am on a flight from HKG-ZRH-LHR with 4 hour layover which I intend to try out multiple lounges and do some shopping. My plan is to visit lounge E first (I assume I land in E so I can go straight there?) which everyone have high praise, then go out to arrival lounge and do some shopping at Ladrech. Finally go to lounge A to wind down and catch up with some works before the flights.

Can I go to all 3 lounges?
Do I have enough time?
I intend to take a shower and some breakfast should I go to lounge E or arrival?
I thinking of having a peek on the observation at dock E will I have enough time?
What is the different between business and senator lounge?
Yes you can go through security to E Gates depatrutre ad lounges after landing at E Gates from HKG Business lounge similar to Sen lounge slightly better food - 4 hours may be pushing it unless you sprint - but its stil lworth looking
Thanks for all the information that you guys have input!
relaxingflyer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:52 pm

Thx YuropFlyer for your quick detail replay

I will follow what you have layout and finger cross I will have the chance of trying all these lounges, as I rarely fly Swissair or Star Alliance. I will skip lounge D and go from lounge A to my flight which depart from D gates. (I have a UK passport so I should be allow entry to Schengen). Shame I won;t be to make it to observation deck, must time for it next time! Love plane spotting and taking pictures.

Thx cbourl for your information.
yes I intend to go to lounge E straight after landing at gate E. I don't have status on Star Alliance so I can only used business lounge (would love to visit the superior Senator lounge). So 4 hour is rush to visit those places?

My plan now go lounge E to catch up with work first, arrival lounge for breakfast and shower, shopping (if time go to observation land side) and then lounge A. I forgot to say I am travelling on business class, I think you guys knew.

I know this isn't the right thread, how is the food on regional business ZRH-LHR in general? Eat in lounge or on the plane?

Last edited by relaxingflyer; Oct 4, 2019 at 1:04 pm
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
I know this isn't the right thread, how is the food on regional business ZRH-LHR in general? Eat in lounge or on the plane?
You鼠l receive a small plate of cold food (usually some kind of pasta salad, mix of dried meat and vegetables, smoked fish or the like) along with one or two small bread rolls, two pieces of cheese and a tiny dessert. No hot food. While the quality of those dishes is generally much better than what they serve in the lounges, the onboard food hardly makes for a proper meal. Hence, if you喪e hungry, grab some food in the lounge first.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Flying FLR-ZRH-SFO with a 2:00 layover in ZRH:

1. FLR-ZRH is a super short flight, what food can I expect in J?
2. Does 2:00 give me enough time to deplane, clear immigration, change terminals and get a proper lunch at the Senator Lounge in E? I'm worried with no lounge in FLR and likely minimal food on the FLR-ZRH leg, I'm going to be starving if I don't get a proper meal in before my long haul flight.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by bioyuki
Flying FLR-ZRH-SFO with a 2:00 layover in ZRH:

1. FLR-ZRH is a super short flight, what food can I expect in J?
2. Does 2:00 give me enough time to deplane, clear immigration, change terminals and get a proper lunch at the Senator Lounge in E? I'm worried with no lounge in FLR and likely minimal food on the FLR-ZRH leg, I'm going to be starving if I don't get a proper meal in before my long haul flight.
1. Cold meal - nothing to write home about, but definitely enough to "snack on".
2. 2hrs in ZRH will allow you to give the Whisky bar a very close look - in addition to have had yourself stuffed at the SEN E lounge.

There are some peak hours in ZRH - usually around 12pm (lunch time) when lots of widebodies depart shortly after and when people arrive less "stretched out" than for the evening waves. If you've a Swiss, EFTA or EU passport it's not bad at all though (assuming the automatic gates do work) and I've always been through within seconds. If you've a non-qualifying passport, it might take a while during peak hours, but even then a 2hrs layover will be plenty of time to get your tummy full.
In fact, you'll also be served food on the long haul flight, and LX C long haul food is most often pretty solid.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
See this trip report: https://knightofmalta.net/2019/09/13...urg-to-zurich/

These 3 small items served on a single tray (you need to scroll down to see the picture) is a standard offering in C on very short flights. IMHO it is adequate.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:40 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by TPJ
See this trip report: https://knightofmalta.net/2019/09/13...urg-to-zurich/

These 3 small items served on a single tray (you need to scroll down to see the picture) is a standard offering in C on very short flights. IMHO it is adequate.
And usually they are extremly tasty. I'd even go as far and say they are tastier than what one gets on the longer european LH flights...
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
If arriving on Business Class into Zurich but departing on the same ticket on economy on a same day connection am I entitled to access to the Swiss Business Lounge?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by testycal
If arriving on Business Class into Zurich but departing on the same ticket on economy on a same day connection am I entitled to access to the Swiss Business Lounge?
I don't think so. In this case it's the departing ticket that counts.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Use the arrivals lounge?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Use the arrivals lounge?
If you arrive in the morning that is an option.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:35 am

As Nick said: no. Other than the specially designated arrivals lounges, the only way to use the other lounges on arrival is by flying in F or having SEN/HON status. Otherwise, it's your departing flight that counts. So in this case, since you're departing in economy, you would not have access to the Business Lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
ZRH Lounge Selection and Transfer

Hi there,

I値l be arriving EWR - ZRH on a Tuesday 8:30 AM on United airlines. I知 currently waitlisted for Polaris (business)

I値l be transferring to Barcelona (On Swiss in Economy at 12:20 PM, so I have a few hours to explore) curious if I need to clear any form of formalities in Zurich, or will I have to do that in Barcelona. With that said, I知 star gold and wanted to know what are the better lounges to seek out. I知 unsure ware what terminal I値l probably arrive in and depart from as well.

I read that the terminals are close together and the senator lounge in terminal E seems to be the best opportunity for me based on my class of travel and status.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Happy holidays and enjoy your 2020 travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Dec 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:18 pm

Arriving from EWR into ZRH you will need to clear passport control but not security. Your flight will most likely arrive at the E gates and your departure will be from the A or B gates. There is a train connecting the E gates to all the other gates, and you clear passport control as you exit this train.

The SEN lounge in E is indeed nicer (IMO) than the one in A. The one in A has the advantage that it will be closer to your connecting flight and it will be past passport control, so you don't need to budget extra time after leaving the lounge for going through passport control. There is also a newish "Alpine Lounge" at A that you can access which is nicer (again, IMO) than the SEN A lounge.

When you get off your flight from EWR you will be in the E terminal area together with other departing passengers. You can walk right to the SEN E lounge if you want. Once you're done in that lounge, or if you decide to skip it, you will follow signs for the A gates, which will direct you to the train. You'll take a short train ride to the other part of the terminal, where the first thing you will encounter is passport control. You will then be able to walk to the Alpine Lounge to hang out there until you need to go to your gate (A or B) for boarding.

As *G you have access to all of the Senator lounges as well as the Alpine Lounge, regardless of whether you get upgraded to Business or end up flying in Economy.

Safe travels!
Flying Machine and Fabo.sk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.