Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Sep 20, 18, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
I assume the ticket was sold by Singapore Airlines? (Since LX and LH can't sell SQ F tickets as far as I know).
In this case you will only have access to the Senator Lounge as far as I know.
Thank you!
Old Sep 20, 18, 3:49 pm

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
I assume the ticket was sold by Singapore Airlines? (Since LX and LH can't sell SQ F tickets as far as I know).
In this case you will only have access to the Senator Lounge as the LX First Class Lounge is only accessible by LX and LH First class passengers.
OP asked about LH F on SQ stock. This should give access to the LX and LH F lounges, as OP is booked on same day LH F and ticket stock is irrelevant in this case.

The known issues are with UA codeshares on LX F in ZRH and with “extra” connections, i.e. GVA-ZRH-FRA-SIN, where LX have denied F access in GVA.
bawm likes this.
Old Sep 20, 18, 4:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post

OP asked about LH F on SQ stock. This should give access to the LX and LH F lounges, as OP is booked on same day LH F and ticket stock is irrelevant in this case.

The known issues are with UA codeshares on LX F in ZRH and with “extra” connections, i.e. GVA-ZRH-FRA-SIN, where LX have denied F access in GVA.
I could have sworn it said SQ F before...
My apologizes for the wtong information.
Old Sep 28, 18, 4:52 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
So I finally had the chance to check out the new A lounges last weekend... have to say, I'm underwhelmed.

Especially with capacity, I was there Sunday late afternoon, which I guess is not exactly the low point, but not a peak either, and in Schengen doubly so... and it was totally crowded! Not at all happy with that.
Old Sep 29, 18, 3:33 am

Programs: Miles and More
Currently in the LX F Lounge in A. Very crowded and slow service. It took almost 15 Minutes to get a menu and another 25 minutes till the food (omelette) came.
Old Oct 2, 18, 7:41 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, Starwood Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hi. I think I know answer here but want to be safe and ask.

ORD-YUL-ZRH-ATH all in Business Class.

Seems from reading we land in "E" and fly out of "A". Is this true??

Do we need to go through passport control between terminals, if so do we get stamps, flying with my 10 year old son, landing in Athens no passport control.

It seems we can go to lounges in both terminals, since we go through passport control do we need a ton of time? We have 3 hour connections in both stops/

What lounges are in YUL?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 3, 18, 1:18 am

I would suppose some AC-branded lounge in YUL (but this really is about ZRH.. go ask in the AC-forum about that )

Yes, you'll most probably arrive at E (Non-Schengen) and transfer to A (Schengen) - passport control on the way, no security as much I'm aware since Canada is considered "clean".

I'd head to the Business lounge in E straight away, then about 1hr before departure, move towards A (Heidi train, on arrival in A immigration), head for the new lounge in A (still inferior to the one in E) then about 30min before departure to your Gate in A (or whenever it shows Go to Gate, it's a few minutes too early usually, but when you're new to ZRH probably not the worst idea)

Lounge E to Lounge A by someone not knowing ZRH well and travelling with a kid should be no more than 15min. Worst queue I've experienced on this way at immigration was around 10minutes, but 90% of all times no queue at all.
Old Oct 3, 18, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by thepla View Post
Hi. I think I know answer here but want to be safe and ask.

ORD-YUL-ZRH-ATH all in Business Class.

What lounges are in YUL?

Thanks in advance.
@thepla

Since you asked....and assuming you are on a LX/LH/UA/AC etc business class ticket or have the required status.....

AC FT thread with photos, start with post 202 and onward

YUL International MLL

Direction to the lounge is in this post

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29558462-post225.html

Happy travels
Old Oct 7, 18, 2:52 am

Sitting in the refurbished SEN lounge in ZRH for the first time since opening I'm quite underwhelmed too - it feels small and cramped. I guess they don't expect much traffic though as given efficiency of ZRH airport, for Schengen departures many ppl arrive very close to the departure time. The quiet area upstairs with apron view isnt bad though. But the lounge in E gates, in my opinion, is much much nicer.
Old Oct 21, 18, 3:59 am

Programs: MM FTL
was in the new business lounge in A last week and it was...FULL !! not a single empty seat. people were standing around with glasses in their hands, waiting for somebody to leave. I do not recall that it was ever so crowded in the old lounge and the new lounge seems to be larger. how can that be ?
Old Oct 21, 18, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by Charly61 View Post
was in the new business lounge in A last week and it was...FULL !! not a single empty seat. people were standing around with glasses in their hands, waiting for somebody to leave. I do not recall that it was ever so crowded in the old lounge and the new lounge seems to be larger. how can that be ?
Had the same problem last Thursday on the main/first floor.
Fortunately on the upper floor the situation was better.
Old Oct 25, 18, 12:58 pm

Just out of SEN A lounge. Completely packed, not a single seat with a table. Couple of seats upstairs in "no food/silent" area (where people feel its ok to talk loudly on their handy, annoying). Food offering pathetic - no cold cuts, no cheese, no fresh salad, nothing - just some awful pizza slices and muffins. I can't believe how bad it is.
Went to D lounge (my flight departs from D gate) and its much better (never thought I'd say that about D lounge...), almost empty, one pasta dish but at least cold cuts and other low carb options. Fans are funny though...
Old Oct 25, 18, 1:54 pm

Can't comment on the food choices since I wasn't there (the only thing I noticed was that they removed the buffet options around 9pm last time I was there, so that would be matching your description now more or less), but if I hear people talking loudly in a silent area (especially on a mobile device or "Natel" as we Swiss actually say) and it annoys me, I happen to have a mouth, too.

Nothing beats approaching such person, and ask them, in a not overly loud tone (but clearly understandable for the remote party on the phone) if they've not seen that this is a quiet area, and that they're welcome to continue their discussion elsewhere.
bawm likes this.
Old Oct 27, 18, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HiltonGold, IHGGold, MarriottGold, Hyatt Explorist
Next month flying NBO-DAR (stop no plane change)-ZRH-LAX in biz. Sister flying with me on UA award tix. Can bid to get into F on both legs. Would like to get into ZRH F lounge for long layover (with sister.)

1. Just verifying- doesnt matter how I get into FC, just need a FC BP correct?

2. To get into the F lounge in ZRH does it matter if upgrade arrival into ZRH versus departure to LAX leg? Current bid for NBO-DAR-ZRH relatively cheap.

3. I had read on another blog could only access F lounge on “first” arrival airport. If this is true, does a stop with no plane change at DAR count?

Thanks for any information

Old Oct 27, 18, 2:49 pm

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by Nellietravels View Post
Next month flying NBO-DAR (stop no plane change)-ZRH-LAX in biz. Sister flying with me on UA award tix. Can bid to get into F on both legs. Would like to get into ZRH F lounge for long layover (with sister.)

1. Just verifying- doesnt matter how I get into FC, just need a FC BP correct?

2. To get into the F lounge in ZRH does it matter if upgrade arrival into ZRH versus departure to LAX leg? Current bid for NBO-DAR-ZRH relatively cheap.

3. I had read on another blog could only access F lounge on “first” arrival airport. If this is true, does a stop with no plane change at DAR count?

Thanks for any information

Same day LX F BP, whether arriving or departing, is going to get you access but only departing LX F will allow you to bring one guest. The DAR stop is not relevant here. Upgrading either leg will get you LX FCL access at ZRH.

Other than that, if you fly F NBO to ZRH you would get the NBO F service for departure which is probably very little, whereas upgrading To F on ZRH to LAX you would get the F arrival service at LAX, which can be quite useful expecially if you don’t have Global Entry. That service would not necessarily work for a companion in C though.

So, if you need to guest a companion into the FCL at ZRH you will have to upgrade the ZRH-LAX leg. If you are both upgrading, then the NBO-ZRH leg should do.

Last edited by MichielR; Oct 28, 18 at 12:49 am Reason: Updated to correct mistake

Search this Thread