Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Aug 14, 18, 12:24 pm

Since we're lacking a dedicated "Non ZRH lounge thread" when on LX&WK..

I was denied access at PRN into the airport lounge when flying WK (Edelweiss) recently, despite it being on LX ticket stock (724) and PRN being listed on Edelweiss' website as having a lounge (and that usually meant - at least always did so in the past - that as SEN on 724 you had access)

Lounge attendant explained to me that WK did not extend the contract they had with them (so, according to him, it was possible in the past to access the lounge in my scenario) but WK decided to drop it alltogether. If you'd book a "proper" LX flight, he said, access was still possible (so LX pays for the lounge, WK doesn't..)

I wonder if that means that generally WK will not renew contract lounges across the globe, or if this was the exception.

I've contacted WK to clarify about it, but since they've decided to remain silent about this issue completely, I think a general warning about WK and lounge access at outstations - even if promised by them on their website - is in order.
Old Aug 14, 18, 3:12 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by pkormann View Post
gotta make friends to get my me in there for the wishky tasting
As mentioned, this is E SEN. As long as I am *G, I am happy to guest you any time I am either in ZRH of my own volition, or if you fly me there

Watch M&M lounge meetings thread for more information.
pkormann likes this.
Old Aug 15, 18, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
As mentioned, this is E SEN. As long as I am *G, I am happy to guest you any time I am either in ZRH of my own volition, or if you fly me there

Watch M&M lounge meetings thread for more information.
i'll check!! thanks!
any deal flying out of ZRH on next tuesday? haha

i'll be in ZRH from 10:30 to 13:30, i'm planing to spend an hour os so in E, then go to A for my next flight with TP...
how's the rush on a tuesday there on these hours?
Old Aug 15, 18, 12:12 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by pkormann View Post
i'll check!! thanks!
any deal flying out of ZRH on next tuesday? haha

i'll be in ZRH from 10:30 to 13:30, i'm planing to spend an hour os so in E, then go to A for my next flight with TP...
how's the rush on a tuesday there on these hours?
Computer says no...
I might be transiting mid-September...
Old Aug 15, 18, 12:32 pm

Programs: *G
I'll be there again in December only, unfortunately I'll cross-post in the apparently existing M&M lounge thread to see if someone would like me to guest them then.
Old Aug 24, 18, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K&1.99MM (really), Bonvoy lifetime Gold with 14 years of Plat!
Two questions on the best ground experience:

1. Flying SFO-ZRH-ARN in C as Star Gold. I'm guessing arrive at E, and time-permitting enjoy a whisk(e)y tasting at the E Senator lounge before heading over to likely B for the onward flight?

2. Flying DEL-ZRH-LHR in F. I'm guessing skip the ride to A, and enjoy the lounge in E (in particular the day rooms given the long layover)? Any reason to use the newer A lounge?

thanks!
Old Aug 25, 18, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by cricketer View Post
Two questions on the best ground experience:

1. Flying SFO-ZRH-ARN in C as Star Gold. I'm guessing arrive at E, and time-permitting enjoy a whisk(e)y tasting at the E Senator lounge before heading over to likely B for the onward flight?

2. Flying DEL-ZRH-LHR in F. I'm guessing skip the ride to A, and enjoy the lounge in E (in particular the day rooms given the long layover)? Any reason to use the newer A lounge?

thanks!
1) Yes, but flight to ARN will most probably be from A (no big difference in your plans, though)
2) LHR more often than not is from D gates. If that's the case, assuming you've a passport that does allow entry into Schengen or a Visa that gives unlimited entries, you could travel clean from E to D by going via passport control / A twice. Alternatively, you'll have to pass two security checks when going straight from E to D (one when entering E for the lounge, since DEL isn't clean, two, when entering D, since taking the non-Schengen transfer side of the train will make you "dirty" again) - the reason why I'd hit the A lounge is timing. Leaving like 1hr before departure just in case of long queues (especially if you've a non CH / EFTA (EU) passport) might be sensible if going "clean" via A, but if there aren't any queues, you'll arrive in A with plenty of time for the very quick transfer to D, which will easily leave 15min time for the lounge. Passport control from A to D usually doesn't involve long queues.
Old Sep 12, 18, 11:34 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
I have very interesting news regarding lounge guesting for inbound F pax for the new Swiss First Class Lounge A:
I need to explain te sotuation a bit: I flew DXB-ZRH-ARN on a Swiss flight booked in F (last leg in J). to then immediatly fly back to ZRH from ARN on an SAS Plus flight. While I obviously could use the F Lounge as an arrival lounge for a quick dinner after arriving with the SAS flight I was pretty sure that if I wanted to guest somebody they would need to be on either my DXB-ZRH flight or the connected (same booking) ZRH-ARN flight. I did meet a friend on the ZRH-ARN (operated by SAS) flight and while I didn’t guest him I still went to the Lounge desk and asked if it were possible to guest him (I would call him to see if he still was at the airport). The attendant to my surprise said yes, even when I pressed further asking if if he was sure that it must not be the same flight and even he then went further to ask the supervisor which also reconfirmed that this would be possible: (Sadly my friend was already out of the airport, but confirmation that he would have been allowed in is pretty good already.)

The requirements for guesting she told me are that the person who is being guested must arrive on a *A flight and must leave the lounge with me. This is only applicable for inbound passengers though! This would be a huge improvement to the usual must be on exact same flight rule.

Imo these are some pretty nice news, and while it may not be officially published, that both supervisors reconfirmed this really reaffirms me.
Old Sep 13, 18, 8:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Actually, as far as I know, SWISS has never had the rule of arriving/leaving on the same flight as a guest in the FCL - contrary to LH, where a guest actually has to be on the same flight.

This is also stated in the rules on the website, as per https://www.swiss.com/gb/EN/fly/airport/companion-rules

First Class passengers must be booked on a SWISS flight. Companions must have a valid boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight. Any children under the age of 18.
However, what is not stated in the official terms (but which has been confirmed to me by customer care) is that you need to arrive in ZRH in LX F in order to be admitted to the FCL as the „main“ guest, it is not sufficient to have a same-day arrival in FRA or MUC in LH F. Still, some people reporting on the lounge still have managed to access it in such a situation (and one of the lounge attendants had also told me she thought this was possible), so you might be lucky trying.
Old Sep 16, 18, 10:38 am

I'm sure it has been answered before, but do *G get SEN Lounge access as inbound *A pax in ZRH? (Like could I use the SEN lounge as arrival lounge in ZRH on a ticket that ends in ZRH?)
Old Sep 16, 18, 12:14 pm

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
I'm sure it has been answered before, but do *G get SEN Lounge access as inbound *A pax in ZRH? (Like could I use the SEN lounge as arrival lounge in ZRH on a ticket that ends in ZRH?)
If the *G is with M&M, then yes. If it's another *G, then no.
Old Sep 16, 18, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1flyer View Post
If the *G is with M&M, then yes. If it's another *G, then no.
Dammit.
Old Sep 16, 18, 10:19 pm

Anyone else noticed that they simplified the shower system in the A lounges within weeks of opening time? Or was it with the "push to shower" button from the start?

Seems every lounge now has a totally different system how to operate the showers (Arrival, A, E - never bothered with D..)
Old Sep 20, 18, 10:06 am

Will i have access to Swiss F lounge if ZRH-FRA (LX J) -SIN (LH F)? Ticketed in 1 ticket, same day departure, and SQ stock.
Old Sep 20, 18, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways View Post
Will i have access to Swiss F lounge if ZRH-FRA (LX J) -SIN (LH F)? Ticketed in 1 ticket and same day departure.
I assume the ticket was sold by Singapore Airlines? (Since LX and LH can't sell SQ F tickets as far as I know).
In this case you will only have access to the Senator Lounge as the LX First Class Lounge is only accessible by LX and LH First class passengers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: