Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by alex0683de
Is it still a Priority Pass lounge?
Yes. See post #5.

I just checked again at www.prioritypass.com, situation unchanged.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Sorry, guys, but it is like it is: If you want to use the arrival lounge, pay for it (30 CHF / 28 usD) I think or change to M&M ... or fly C/F
Oh! - one can get access by paying for it?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:49 am

We're a party of 4, two flying LX-F and two in LX-C on the same flight (ZRH-MIA). Can anyone please tell me what is the guest access policy for the F lounge in Zurich? Is access available to the F pax only, or can each F pax take in a guest?

swiss.com seems silent on guest access.

Edited to clarify: I e-mailed Swiss about this and the response confirmed that F lounge access is available only to the pax travelling in F. There are no guest access rights. It's less of an issue for me now, as I've managed to get us all into F.

Last edited by Corpt; Apr 2, 2009 at 4:20 am
Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Other Questions on LX Arrivals Lounge

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
If one flies to Zurich on a LX flight in economy, but if one is a Star Alliance Gold (nonLX) member - can one get access to the LX arrivals lounge in ZRH?

Tomorrow, I am flying on an LX codeshared (on AC metal) flight from YYZ to ZRH; then 4 hrs later I fly from ZRH to DEL on LX. In tomorrow's case, I am flying business class.

Two questions:

i) does one get access to the arrival lounge, if one is flying LX codeshared on another airline (in business class) to ZRH (in this case, I am flying on AC).

ii) I have read a lot on this thread about showers, in this scenario. Should I go to the arrivals lounge, or to the departure lounge?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:58 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
changed access rules?

Maybe this has been asked before and I didn't find it... but have the access rules to the SEN Lounge changed recently?

I was just denied access because I am flying on Germanwings??
Thought as a SEN you can get in regardless of the carrier you fly?

Cheers,
Andreas
Old Apr 2, 2009, 3:45 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by pilatusguy
Maybe this has been asked before and I didn't find it... but have the access rules to the SEN Lounge changed recently?

I was just denied access because I am flying on Germanwings??
Thought as a SEN you can get in regardless of the carrier you fly?

Cheers,
Andreas
This is true for LH op. SEN lounges only. So in ZRH, where the SEN lounge is op. by LX you won't have access if you fly Germanwings .

That's one of the main reasons why we are all disappointed that the LH lounge closed its door
Old Apr 2, 2009, 4:08 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
This is true for LH op. SEN lounges only. So in ZRH, where the SEN lounge is op. by LX you won't have access if you fly Germanwings .

That's one of the main reasons why we are all disappointed that the LH lounge closed its door
Keep in mind that LX's access-policy changed when the Swiss Travel Club ended.

With an STC Gold card (and previous Qualiflyer Gold / Qualiflyer Travel Club) you had access regardless of the airline flown. At our Q&A-meeting two years ago, the LX-representative explained us that LX restricted the access-policy "becuse of LH"

For me it's quite a loss, as I don't have lounge access after arrival (with LX of course) in the evening anymore - as I often have to wait for my train which is only once per hour. Since I first reached my status in 1997, I had the habitude to wait in the lounge
Old Apr 2, 2009, 4:20 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I'm fully with you, rorschi.
Maybe we should organize a roundtable with our LX contacts once again. As we used to do in the past. I found those sessions to be quite usefull even tough we didn't have that much impact as expected .
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Tomorrow, I am flying on an LX codeshared (on AC metal) flight from YYZ to ZRH; then 4 hrs later I fly from ZRH to DEL on LX. In tomorrow's case, I am flying business class.

Two questions:

i) does one get access to the arrival lounge, if one is flying LX codeshared on another airline (in business class) to ZRH (in this case, I am flying on AC).

ii) I have read a lot on this thread about showers, in this scenario. Should I go to the arrivals lounge, or to the departure lounge?
I got the answer through personal experience.

Yes, you do get access to the arrivals lounge, if you are flying business class on another airline but have a codeshared LX ticket. This is different than the LH arrivals lounge in Frankfurt, where one must fly on LH metal to get access to that lounge.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: BA G , SPG Plt
Mrs DLmow and I will fly LX F from HKG to ZRH and then LX J ZRH-DME.
Layover in ZRH is approximatelly 6 hours.
Which lounge can we use?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
You can enjoy the LX F/HON Lounge (entrance near the transfer desks before security for the A gates).
Old May 21, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
I will be flying LHR-ZRH-JFK and back on LX in J and I am wondering which lounge I should use at ZRH? To JFK I only have 85 minutes between the flights, but on the way back I have 4 hours to kill.

Is the arrival lounge the best place for a shower and breakfast or is the Sen lounge best?

Which terminal will my flights leave from? UK/US both at terminal E or?

All pointers will be much appreciated ^

Cheers
Old May 21, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: M&M SEN; Interconti Ambassador Gold
Originally Posted by SASDC8
I will be flying LHR-ZRH-JFK and back on LX in J and I am wondering which lounge I should use at ZRH? To JFK I only have 85 minutes between the flights, but on the way back I have 4 hours to kill.

Is the arrival lounge the best place for a shower and breakfast or is the Sen lounge best?

Which terminal will my flights leave from? UK/US both at terminal E or?

All pointers will be much appreciated ^

Cheers
Usually, LHR-ZRH arrives/leaves on B busgates (non Schengen)

ZRH-JFK will leave/arrive in E

On your way back I would take the Star Lounge in B.
Old May 26, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: BA/KLM/TK/MH GOLD
Originally Posted by Corpt
We're a party of 4, two flying LX-F and two in LX-C on the same flight (ZRH-MIA). Can anyone please tell me what is the guest access policy for the F lounge in Zurich? Is access available to the F pax only, or can each F pax take in a guest?

swiss.com seems silent on guest access.

Edited to clarify: I e-mailed Swiss about this and the response confirmed that F lounge access is available only to the pax travelling in F. There are no guest access rights. It's less of an issue for me now, as I've managed to get us all into F.
Well, Cant you take in one guest anyway as a first class passenger?
Old May 26, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Quick question, flying BUD-ZRH-LHR in J, what lounge at ZRH can I use?

Also, I have 5 hours in ZRH so plenty of time to kill. I'm a bit partial to airplane photography, is it possible to reach the viewing terrace during a connecting flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.