Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jul 5, 18, 8:11 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
This is a total farce. What would entice LX to deny *G access to the Schengen lounge, instead pointing them to the expensive non-Schengen lounge?
I bet a couple *Gs discovering the whisky bar could bring down any savings, not to mention the lost revenue when people (including me - TK *G by match, MM FTL by segments) will stop routing through ZRH with no lounge access. It's bad enough they don't give free bags on light fares already.
Old Jul 5, 18, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
This is a total farce. What would entice LX to deny *G access to the Schengen lounge, instead pointing them to the expensive non-Schengen lounge?
Nothing, and this is why the do not deny them access. Just have the worst marketing team imaginable. Somebody has to pass on the right information to the web designers and social media representatives.
bawm likes this.
Old Jul 15, 18, 11:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum Premier & Lifetime Platinum, United Gold, Delta Silver
I am flying next week through Zurich -- arriving from LHR on Swiss, connecting to IAD on United. I am a bit confused by the lounge construction and the recent changes and have found conflicting information online. Could someone advise which lounge I will have access to? I will be in paid business class on both the inbound Swiss and outbound United flights but am only Star Alliance Silver via United. I will have about a 3 hour layover.
Old Jul 15, 18, 11:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306 View Post
I am flying next week through Zurich -- arriving from LHR on Swiss, connecting to IAD on United. I am a bit confused by the lounge construction and the recent changes and have found conflicting information online. Could someone advise which lounge I will have access to? I will be in paid business class on both the inbound Swiss and outbound United flights but am only Star Alliance Silver via United. I will have about a 3 hour layover.
You will have access to all Swiss Business Lounges. (In A, D and E). You will arrive in non-shengen D and your flight will depart from non shengen E. So you will be able to go to the Business Lounge in D or E without having to go through passport control (which also means you won’t have access to the very new Business lounge in A as those are in the shengen area into which you only get through passport control. But those are not near your arriving ir departing gate anyway.)
My suggestion would be to go into the Business Lounge in E. It’s way better than the one in D, and equal to the one in A, byt offers great views! (and is close to your departire gate).
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 18, 12:49 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Air conditioning

Be warned: D lounge is a sauna, especially the SEN section - they put fans...

Also the silent area in the new A lounge is too hot and the problem is apparently known and not ready to be fixed.
Old Jul 19, 18, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by behuman View Post
Be warned: D lounge is a sauna, especially the SEN section - they put fans...

Also the silent area in the new A lounge is too hot and the problem is apparently known and not ready to be fixed.
Last time I visited at 6am it was already really really hot, can't imagine how hot I'd get at noon! Luckily there is Ice-Cream :P
Old Jul 21, 18, 4:38 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Last time I visited at 6am it was already really really hot, can't imagine how hot I'd get at noon! Luckily there is Ice-Cream :P
I was there around 5 p.m. earlier this week and stayed for only 5 minutes as it was so hot there. Very few visitors, too.
Old Jul 22, 18, 8:57 pm

Programs: mileage plus,DL,AA
Forgive this question if already answered...flying EWR to JNB with layover in ZRH. Arriving ZRH 8am on a UA ticket and metal on purchased J fare to JNB. Depart Zurich at 10:30pm same day for JNB on LX. And, I,m *gold. What LX lounges if any will I have access to upon arrival in ZRH? Would hope to use arrivals lounge or any lounge with showers. Thanks for any guidance and apologies for not being able to figure this out from previous posts.
Old Jul 22, 18, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Alexander2003 View Post
Forgive this question if already answered...flying EWR to JNB with layover in ZRH. Arriving ZRH 8am on a UA ticket and metal on purchased J fare to JNB. Depart Zurich at 10:30pm same day for JNB on LX. And, I,m *gold. What LX lounges if any will I have access to upon arrival in ZRH? Would hope to use arrivals lounge or any lounge with showers. Thanks for any guidance and apologies for not being able to figure this out from previous posts.
You‘ll have access to all Business and all SEN Lounges, the Arrival lounge is reserved for LX status and J/F pax only. (you can still try).
Best option would be to visit the SEN Lounge in E as both your flights arrive and depart from there. There are showers and it’s probably one of the nicest lounges in ZRH (before the F Lounge).
You could also check out the Sen Lounge in A but for that you‘d have to go through passport control.

As you have 12 hours of layover, why not upon arrival shower, get some breakfast in the lounge and then head in to the Citaaay! Zurich is a very nice place to check out and only ten minutes away by train. For long layovers like yours there is even a dedicated thread: Idea: The ZRH long layover Meetup thread
YuropFlyer, ffsim and ced_lx like this.
Old Jul 23, 18, 8:43 am

Programs: LXFF
I would try to get in the arrival lounge. They have showers and days rooms. Definitely go to the city.
Dianne47 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 18, 4:30 pm

Thank you for these helpful replies. Do I have to go through passport control to access the E lounges? I was thinking of taking the train to Lucerne, catch a rehearsal at the music festival. Seems like a beautiful city. Oh, and is Is there a place to leave my luggage at ZRH when I leave? Will check out the meet up thread. Thanks again!
Old Jul 23, 18, 5:13 pm

Thank you for these helpful replies. Do I have to go through passport control to access the E lounges? I was thinking of taking the train to Lucerne, catch a rehearsal at the music festival. Seems like a beautiful city. Oh, and is Is there a place to leave my luggage at ZRH when I leave? Will check out the meet up thread. Thanks again!
Yes, E Lounges are in Non-Schengen, so passport control. Bring your CH / EFTA / EU passport, since they've installed automatic booths, speeding up the process for mentioned passport holders (no ID cards)

ZRH has both lockers (Train area) and manned luggage storage facility landside.
Old Jul 23, 18, 6:46 pm

Sorry, upon arrival I need to go through passport control, exit, and then go through security to get back in to the E lounges?
Old Jul 23, 18, 11:13 pm

Sorry, upon arrival I need to go through passport control, exit, and then go through security to get back in to the E lounges?
This is correct.
You will arrive in E, in the non shengen area. That‘s also where the E Lounge is located (no security or passport control to get to it), to leave that midfielf Terminal E you will take the ubderground train heading to A/B and D and therre you will have to go through passport control and then exit the airport.

To go to Lucerne will take you approx one hour from the airport to the train station. Every hour there is a direct train (XX:47 IR70) and half an hour later, also every hour there is one with a connection in Zurich main station. (XX:25 IC1 and connecting to IR70 at Zurich main station).

To reenter use your new boarding pass to JNB, go through security and then head towards Gates E. Before you can take the train from A/B to E you‘ll go through passport control again, as you are leaving the shengen area.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 23, 18 at 11:20 pm
Old Jul 24, 18, 5:57 am

Programs: AC*S100K, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
To go to Lucerne will take you approx one hour from the airport to the train station. Every hour there is a direct train (XX:47 IR70) and half an hour later, also every hour there is one with a connection in Zurich main station. (XX:25 IC1 and connecting to IR70 at Zurich main station).
Mostly great advice from Nick Art, but caution that the departure is at XX:18 from the airport (IC1) and not XX:25 to get the XX:35 (IR70) to Luzern at Zürich HB.

bawm

Search this Thread