Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Apr 13, 18, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by c1mth0g View Post
I assume access to the ZRH F lounge is OK if arriving on LX F and leaving on LX C (to London)?
I was once questioned when arriving on LX F, but they eventually let me in (the other times, no problems)

Generally, as long as it's same day, you're fine.
Old Apr 13, 18, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
I was once questioned when arriving on LX F, but they eventually let me in (the other times, no problems)

Generally, as long as it's same day, you're fine.
Adding to that, you need to land in ZRH in F - while you might get other responses when inquiring (as I have), a same day LH F arrival in MUC or FRA won‘t count, and that is also the official statement of the LX customer service (they granted me 5K MM miles after telling them somebody at the lounge told me it was possible, and when coming back a few days later in exactly this situation, they sent me away).
Old Apr 14, 18, 2:20 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
SEN Lounge access on Edelweiss flight ?

Reviving this, as I couldn't find any recent dependable information...

We're flying Edelweiss in Business from Zurich to Punta Cana. We booked the flight on the Swiss website and have a Swiss flight number (LX8034).

The Edelweiss webpage says that we have access to the Swiss Business Lounge in Zurich. But since my wife and I are both *G, we were wondering whether we also have access to the Senator Lounge...

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by huegli View Post
Reviving this, as I couldn't find any recent dependable information...

We're flying Edelweiss in Business from Zurich to Punta Cana. We booked the flight on the Swiss website and have a Swiss flight number (LX8034).

The Edelweiss webpage says that we have access to the Swiss Business Lounge in Zurich. But since my wife and I are both *G, we were wondering whether we also have access to the Senator Lounge...

Any help would be highly appreciated.
As long it is an LX ticket, you should get the *A benefits. Flew Edelweiss in J last year (as a SEN/*G) and they let us use the SEN-lounge in ZRH.

As soon as your ticket says WK, you are out of luck.
Old Apr 17, 18, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
As long it is an LX ticket, you should get the *A benefits. Flew Edelweiss in J last year (as a SEN/*G) and they let us use the SEN-lounge in ZRH.

As soon as your ticket says WK, you are out of luck.
While SEN gets access to the SEN-lounge, I doubt *G (not SEN) gets any lounge access at all on WK flights, even if marketed and/or operated by LX. On the other hand, on LX flights marketed and/or operated by WK there shouldn't be a problem with lounge access. It's absurdly complicated, but it's the way it is.
Old Apr 17, 18, 9:14 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by aflo View Post
While SEN gets access to the SEN-lounge, I doubt *G (not SEN) gets any lounge access at all on WK flights, even if marketed and/or operated by LX. On the other hand, on LX flights marketed and/or operated by WK there shouldn't be a problem with lounge access. It's absurdly complicated, but it's the way it is.
So how do I know what applies to our specific Situation ?
Old Apr 17, 18, 10:29 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by huegli View Post
So how do I know what applies to our specific Situation ?
LX ticket numbers begin 724

Always worth a try anyway 😊
Old Apr 18, 18, 12:00 am

Ticket number is irrelevant. It's all about who is operating the flight. Generally LX8000+ are not operated by Swiss and therefore not Star Alliance flights. Swiss is just codesharing on these flight and sometimes carrying out a wet-lease for Edelweiss.

Last edited by aflo; Apr 18, 18 at 2:44 pm
Old May 1, 18, 12:42 am

Programs: LX SEN
Tomororw, I get into ZRH from FRA w/ LH operated flight but under NH flight number. Will I have access to the arrival lounge as I travel in C? Ticket stock is LX.
Old May 1, 18, 1:42 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Hi
Leaving ZRH in LH C, connecting to LH F FRA-HND same ticket -so I should have access to the new F Lounge ay A Gates?
Thx
Old May 1, 18, 2:40 am

Hi,
I'm LX SEN and will arrive on an Air Canada flight (Economy) in a few weeks in ZRH.
Can I use the SWISS Arrival Lounge in ZRH and can I also take a guest to the lounge with me (on same flight, but nu status at LX)?
Thanks
Old May 1, 18, 3:47 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by cbourl View Post
Hi
Leaving ZRH in LH C, connecting to LH F FRA-HND same ticket -so I should have access to the new F Lounge ay A Gates?
Thx
Yes, same day departing LH group F ticket gets you the access
Old May 1, 18, 3:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by Dan Marti View Post
Hi,
I'm LX SEN and will arrive on an Air Canada flight (Economy) in a few weeks in ZRH.
Can I use the SWISS Arrival Lounge in ZRH and can I also take a guest to the lounge with me (on same flight, but nu status at LX)?
Thanks
Hello,

a couple of months ago I arrived to ZRH on an AC flight(Business) and they allowed me in based on my Sen card, according to the agent, so I imagine that you will also have access.
One guest should be OK.
Old May 12, 18, 1:57 pm

Programs: M&S, Radisson
As an LH SEN, will I be admitted to the LX Arrivals Lounge in ZRH when incoming with EW BizClass? I would think no because EW is not *A.
Old May 13, 18, 8:15 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Hello everyone!
I'll be flying J from ZRH to FRA then FRA to EZE in F on the same booking. Am I correct to assume I'll have access to to the LX A terminal F class lounge? what about the E termina F loungel? can I even get to that terminal to check it out?
Thanks!

Search this Thread