Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Mar 10, 18, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
Its all C and arriving on LX from YUL and departing on LX Schengen. Let me understand this; I can use E lounge on arrival before crossing the passport control or I can use arrival lounge after customs on the land side correct? or other lounges depending which gates my departing flight leaves.
I'd rate the Arrival lounge as well as the Business E lounge about equal. Both have some advantages vs. each other.

For conveniance, only using Business E lounge would be better for you (no security check) - however, in true FT spirit, I'd suggest to use the Business E lounge after landing, then moving to Arrival lounge (head for Exit, since it's landside), later move airside again (5min only, never queue really..) then get a voucher where the A lounge should be (they're handing out vouchers for departing business pax) - grab some drink and some chocolate bar (I suggest Kägi-Fret). Now, depending if you liked the E lounge more or the Arrival lounge, you've either moved out of the lounge 45min before departure or like after 30min of visiting it. If the first, head to the gate. If the second, head back to E Business lounge, then back towards A gates 45min before departure.

Personally, I prefer the Arrival lounge slightly. Especially since the food offer got improved a bit..

Zurich is a quick and small airport, use the convenience

Alternatively, PM me - good chance I got time during AM to give you a personal tour of Zürich
ffsim likes this.
Old Mar 18, 18, 12:28 am

Programs: UA Plat, OZ *G, DL Silver, FB Plat, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Hello,

I am booking a trip with my colleagues. With 3 people, we are planning one person to fly LX A (first class) and two pax in LX P class (biz). Will it be possible to bring all three of us into the FCL? I understand the rules only allow one guest, but will they make an exception?
Old Mar 18, 18, 1:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat View Post
Hello,

I am booking a trip with my colleagues. With 3 people, we are planning one person to fly LX A (first class) and two pax in LX P class (biz). Will it be possible to bring all three of us into the FCL? I understand the rules only allow one guest, but will they make an exception?
The LX FCLs are known for not making exceptions of this kind. LX is very stingy with FCL access.

”One companion plus spouse / partner plus children under the age of 18” - so no way, unless you declare if your colleagues your partner
Old Mar 18, 18, 3:55 am

I have experienced the SEN E making some extra allowance but I would dare to say chances at the FCL are smaller. If you arent a regular customer you might indeed try to "spouse/partner" way. That should work out.
Old Mar 20, 18, 10:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
As far as I know you will be denied access to the lounge, a stark difference between LH and LX. For example, SFO-ZRH-FRA-XXX will give you F access in both ZRH and FRA, if SFO-ZRH is in F and if ZRH-FRA and FRA-XXX are on the same day as the arrival day of your longhaul. But SFO-FRA-ZRH-XXX will only grant you access in FRA.
That is actually true, and what I had been expecting. However, an attendant at the old FCL A had claimed I would be able to access it in this situation, but the loung agent on duty a few days later rejected me, explaining that arrival access is only possible with a direct LX F arrival.

Due to the contradictory information I had received, I inquired with the LX customer service for a definitive statement (also suggesting they publish their access rules on the website), and they confirmed that it is not possible to access the lounge on an inbound connection that is not in F (additionally, they credited me 5000 award miles, even though that wouldn‘t have been necessary in my opinion).
Old Mar 26, 18, 3:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
HI question...We are arriving from YUL in Business class, then on to FLR in Business class all on Swiss using AC award ticket. Now we have a 6hr layover arriving 6:15am. If we elect not to leave the airport which lounge is best to use for 6hrs in terms of food and Rest and relaxation and shower?? Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 18, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
HI question...We are arriving from YUL in Business class, then on to FLR in Business class all on Swiss using AC award ticket. Now we have a 6hr layover arriving 6:15am. If we elect not to leave the airport which lounge is best to use for 6hrs in terms of food and Rest and relaxation and shower?? Thanks.
Business class in E overall (Arrival lounge landside has a few points which I consider better than E but I wouldnt want to spend 6hrs there). You could do some lounge hoping of course.
Old Mar 26, 18, 7:00 am

Programs: LX SEN
Wasn't the refurbished business and SEN lounges in A supposed to open in April?
I now saw on the LX homepage: "We look forward to welcoming you at the new lounges after their expected completion in July 2018."
Old Mar 26, 18, 7:42 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by Viennafly View Post
Wasn't the refurbished business and SEN lounges in A supposed to open in April?
I now saw on the LX homepage: "We look forward to welcoming you at the new lounges after their expected completion in July 2018."
I think original date was May for SEN and BIZ/FTL.
Old Mar 26, 18, 9:44 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
I think original date was May for SEN and BIZ/FTL.
The driver who took us from the FCL in A to E today confirmed July for the SEN lounges and explained the (plausible) reasons for the delay.
Old Mar 26, 18, 3:29 pm

So this means I will want to stay in the E Biz lounge until about 40 minutes before my flight when I have a 3.5 hour layover between LAX and CG in April. Is that my best strategy? I will be too late for arrivals loungeand will want to shower. etc.
Old Mar 26, 18, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Teal View Post
So this means I will want to stay in the E Biz lounge until about 40 minutes before my flight when I have a 3.5 hour layover between LAX and CG in April. Is that my best strategy? I will be too late for arrivals loungeand will want to shower. etc.
If you are not familiar with ZRH airport and dont hold a CH/EFTA/EU passport you might want to add a few minutes extra but yes.

You can still grab a voucher (to make LX pay a bit extra for their behaviour vs. (especially) FTL members) at the former lounge entrance which you can redeem for a Kägi Fret (or a dry Sandwich.. I found the Kägi Fret to be the best choice ) and a drink at one of the food outlets.
Old Mar 27, 18, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
If you are not familiar with ZRH airport and dont hold a CH/EFTA/EU passport you might want to add a few minutes extra but yes.

You can still grab a voucher (to make LX pay a bit extra for their behaviour vs. (especially) FTL members) at the former lounge entrance which you can redeem for a Kägi Fret (or a dry Sandwich.. I found the Kägi Fret to be the best choice ) and a drink at one of the food outlets.
HA! Love it - will do. I don't have CH/EFTA/EU and I'm not familiar - have only transited once so I will gave us more time but I remember it to be much easier and more efficient than LHR or FRA.
Old Mar 28, 18, 5:56 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post

So if I have an 80 minutes connection time between my arriving international flight and a Schengen flight, I should plan on spending at most 30 minutes at the SEN E lounge before heading for the A gates?
Old Mar 28, 18, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
So if I have an 80 minutes connection time between my arriving international flight and a Schengen flight, I should plan on spending at most 30 minutes at the SEN E lounge before heading for the A gates?
Very roughly, yes. You're not getting hit with an extra security check anyway (unless you arrive at the Non-Schengen D gates) so hitting the E lounges when arriving in E, then leaving 40-50min prior to departure at A or B gates will be fine.

My own calculations, if I know that it's NOT rush hour at immigration (otherwise I add 10min) is to leave 35min prior to departure.
Basically that's for A6x gates, for A7x I add 2min, for A8x und any B gates I add 5min, for all other gates (which are 100% bus gates) I add 10min.

This usually still gives me a few minutes before boarding even starts, which I use to grab a voucher at the A desk and redeem it for a snack and drink (usually at the NZZ café)

If things take longer (long wait for Heidi train, longer queue than expected at immigration etc.) I still can skip the voucher thing and head directly to gate.

With above timing, I've never arrived at the gate later than when boarding was just about to start.

Search this Thread