Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jan 22, 18, 2:45 am

Hello,

I will arrive from JFK to Zurich on Swiss air business class at 10:50 am CET and my flight to Delhi from Zurich leaves at 12:35 CET. Two questions-

1. I see that both flights arrive and depart from terminal 2 - from what i read on the Swiss site, it seems there's a small lounge (business, D) in this space? Is the time sufficient to use it?
2. Do i have to do security at Zurich before my next flight (I'm on Indian passport, but the flight comes in from the US).

thanks
Old Jan 22, 18, 9:16 pm

Anyone?
Old Jan 22, 18, 9:52 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Arora View Post
Hello,

I will arrive from JFK to Zurich on Swiss air business class at 10:50 am CET and my flight to Delhi from Zurich leaves at 12:35 CET. Two questions-

1. I see that both flights arrive and depart from terminal 2 - from what i read on the Swiss site, it seems there's a small lounge (business, D) in this space? Is the time sufficient to use it?
2. Do i have to do security at Zurich before my next flight (I'm on Indian passport, but the flight comes in from the US).

thanks
I'm pretty sure JFK & DEL flights arrive and leave from the E gates - not D. There's really only 2 terminals at ZRH, A/B/D (1) and E (2). Just check that first. If it really is E (and must of LX's intercontinental flights arrive and leave from there), then you get a) the best J lounge anyway and b) you won't have to re-clear security, either. E->E is sterile. At least I'm pretty sure I didn't have to re-clear when I transited through in December. I rarely transit though so I could be wrong though...
Old Jan 22, 18, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
I'm pretty sure JFK & DEL flights arrive and leave from the E gates - not D. There's really only 2 terminals at ZRH, A/B/D (1) and E (2). Just check that first. If it really is E (and must of LX's intercontinental flights arrive and leave from there), then you get a) the best J lounge anyway and b) you won't have to re-clear security, either. E->E is sterile. At least I'm pretty sure I didn't have to re-clear when I transited through in December. I rarely transit though so I could be wrong though...
Thank you so much! The flight indeed arrives and leaves from terminal 2. I was having trouble interpreting whether D was terminal 2 or not. The call center here in India for the Lufthansa group is thinly staffed and rarely pick up. Yesterday i was put on indefinite hold and then disconnected - twice. This helps a lot.
Old Jan 22, 18, 11:32 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Arora View Post
Thank you so much! The flight indeed arrives and leaves from terminal 2. I was having trouble interpreting whether D was terminal 2 or not. The call center here in India for the Lufthansa group is thinly staffed and rarely pick up. Yesterday i was put on indefinite hold and then disconnected - twice. This helps a lot.
I remember google flights showing Terminal 2 for me as well, but Terminal 2 is actually E. A/B/D are all in the same (original) building, so likely that's Terminal 1. For some things personal experience is always better still :P and LX operates most (if not all) of their ex-EU flights from Terminal E. E.g. I was flying DXB-ZRH-SFO, and I was able to make a clean transfer in terminal E. Unless I'm brutally misremembering something.
Vaibhav Arora likes this.
Old Feb 8, 18, 1:59 am

Considering we don't have a "Lounge GVA" thread, I'll be asking here: Anyone having experience using the GVA lounge as SEN on arrival?

I'm using it in ZRH from time to time, and while some staff aren't aware of it, the scanner always gives the green light. How is it in GVA? Any recent experience as SEN arriving?
Old Feb 8, 18, 5:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
While we're at it, I'll add another question regarding lounge usage as an arriving passenger.

As far as I know, it is no longer possible to use LX first class lounges as a departing passenger on a feeder flight booked on a separate ticket than the actual F ticket. In my case, I'll be arriving ZRH on a (what's the opposite of "feeder"?) flight from FRA after having arrived in FRA in LH F (both flights on same ticket). The question is now whether I'll qualify for F lounge access in ZRH based on my incoming F flight at FRA (I'll be continuing out of ZRH on a separate ticket). If my question sounds ridiculous (as I'd otherwise qualify for SEN lounge access anyway), I should probably point out that my arrival at ZRH is happening on 6th of March, the currently rumored opening day of the FCL A
Old Mar 9, 18, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Apologies as this is probably answered somewhere in this thread.. I understand there is some construction with the lounges in A right now. What options are available if departing on LH ZRH-FRA in J as a UA*G?
Old Mar 9, 18, 8:01 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
While we're at it, I'll add another question regarding lounge usage as an arriving passenger.

As far as I know, it is no longer possible to use LX first class lounges as a departing passenger on a feeder flight booked on a separate ticket than the actual F ticket. In my case, I'll be arriving ZRH on a (what's the opposite of "feeder"?) flight from FRA after having arrived in FRA in LH F (both flights on same ticket). The question is now whether I'll qualify for F lounge access in ZRH based on my incoming F flight at FRA (I'll be continuing out of ZRH on a separate ticket). If my question sounds ridiculous (as I'd otherwise qualify for SEN lounge access anyway), I should probably point out that my arrival at ZRH is happening on 6th of March, the currently rumored opening day of the FCL A
As far as I know you will be denied access to the lounge, a stark difference between LH and LX. For example, SFO-ZRH-FRA-XXX will give you F access in both ZRH and FRA, if SFO-ZRH is in F and if ZRH-FRA and FRA-XXX are on the same day as the arrival day of your longhaul. But SFO-FRA-ZRH-XXX will only grant you access in FRA.
Old Mar 10, 18, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
As far as I know you will be denied access to the lounge, a stark difference between LH and LX. For example, SFO-ZRH-FRA-XXX will give you F access in both ZRH and FRA, if SFO-ZRH is in F and if ZRH-FRA and FRA-XXX are on the same day as the arrival day of your longhaul. But SFO-FRA-ZRH-XXX will only grant you access in FRA.
Exactly. Funnily enough, as "harsh" as LX is regarding F lounge access, as easy are they on using the Arrival Lounge..

You can access the LX Arrival lounge even with a "Flugzug" ticket from ZDH. Or with a domestic flight from GVA, etc. - while LH restricts access only to international long haul services.
Old Mar 10, 18, 4:58 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
That's the most ridiculous rule I've so far heard from LX. The LH Group airlines should get their act together and find one way to do it, preferably the LH one. And LX should start publishing the lounge access rules clearly, as LH does, in order to avoid frustration among some of their "best" customers. LH clearly advertizes the XXX-ZRH-FRA or XXX-MUC-FRA case, with access to FCLs in both European hubs.
Old Mar 10, 18, 7:01 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Marriott PP, UA *G, SK Dia
Question

please delete, wrong thread

Last edited by flockavelliFT; Mar 10, 18 at 7:06 am Reason: wrong thread
Old Mar 10, 18, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
You can access the LX Arrival lounge even with a "Flugzug" ticket from ZDH.
Arriving early morning at E gates with AC business ticket on LX. Assume I will be able to get in. But I am confused as to the location of the lounge, its before customs right? I have LX flight, probably A, ~ noon. I have approximately 5 hrs to kill, where is the E lounge from the arrival lounge.
Old Mar 10, 18, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
Arriving early morning at E gates with AC business ticket on LX. Assume I will be able to get in. But I am confused as to the location of the lounge, its before customs right? I have LX flight, probably A, ~ noon. I have approximately 5 hrs to kill, where is the E lounge from the arrival lounge.
Is your departing LX flight in C, or you hold *G status? Then you can get into the SEN (or Business) lounge in E.

If you arrive on anything but LX/LH (not even sure about OS!), and you don't hold FTL/SEN/HON status, you can't access the LX arrival lounge (which is landside, ie after immigration/baggage/customs)

If you arrive as non-status pax on AC, departing on LX Y, no lounge access in ZRH.
Old Mar 10, 18, 12:47 pm

Its all C and arriving on LX from YUL and departing on LX Schengen. Let me understand this; I can use E lounge on arrival before crossing the passport control or I can use arrival lounge after customs on the land side correct? or other lounges depending which gates my departing flight leaves.

Search this Thread