Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Dec 23, 17, 7:58 pm

You can, and it shouldn't be a problem with the immigration at all (assuming you both have right to freely enter/leave Schengen). If your flights are all on the same day you have access to the FCL in ZRH though, so I'd suggest spending time there, rather than at SEN lounge, but to each their own.
Old Dec 23, 17, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klausa View Post
You can, and it shouldn't be a problem with the immigration at all (assuming you both have right to freely enter/leave Schengen). If your flights are all on the same day you have access to the FCL in ZRH though, so I'd suggest spending time there, rather than at SEN lounge, but to each their own.
Canada/US passports, so we can definitely enter/leave.

Is there not an FCL in the same area as the whisky bar? I've been to the First and Senator lounges in Schengen before, but not the one(s) near the whisky bar.
Old Dec 23, 17, 8:15 pm

It is in the same area roughly 5 minutes walk, but I just wouldn't bother with the SEN when you have access to FCL though I've been to the SEN one few times before I visited the FCL.
Old Dec 24, 17, 12:28 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Canada/US passports, so we can definitely enter/leave.

Is there not an FCL in the same area as the whisky bar? I've been to the First and Senator lounges in Schengen before, but not the one(s) near the whisky bar.
If you want to see/experience the whisky bar, it is a very short walk. If it is just the whisky you are interested in, you can ask for a whisky menu at the FCL and they will get some for you. Enjoy!
Old Dec 24, 17, 2:29 am

LX doesnt grant access to the FCL in that situation. Well, sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. Dont count on it.

And be ready for some questions at border control. While its no problem by law you might still get some questions asked (since you hold Non-EU passports etc.)
Old Dec 24, 17, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
LX doesnt grant access to the FCL in that situation. Well, sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. Dont count on it.

And be ready for some questions at border control. While its no problem by law you might still get some questions asked (since you hold Non-EU passports etc.)
Huh? I've never seen reports of same-day arrival on LH F being denied access to LX FCLs and I didn't have any problems at all (except the dragons tapping away on the screens for ages, but at no point did anyone suggest we're not eligible for access).
Old Dec 24, 17, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by klausa View Post
Huh? I've never seen reports of same-day arrival on LH F being denied access to LX FCLs and I didn't have any problems at all (except the dragons tapping away on the screens for ages, but at no point did anyone suggest we're not eligible for access).
We have had reports here on FT that people were denied access to the LX FCL when they werent on a "direct feeder flight".
Old Dec 26, 17, 4:42 am

You don't know why someone would want to store their hand luggage at Terminal E???? Try a 12 hour layover - so you try to go into ZRH to spend the time enjoyably - and what do you do with your luggage? Perhaps you like to carry around your hand luggage for 10 hours....

As for leaving it out side the terminal with left luggage - please be assured that the agent on duty in the Arrivals Lounge advised me that there was no left luggage - and when I told her I had called from the US and spoken to a person - she said it was impossible. It was interesting to get a "negative - no such lounge" while the lounge was 100 meters from her position.
Old Dec 26, 17, 2:24 pm

Quite some news (?)

Apparently, as SEN (and I suppose HON, too) you can now access the Swiss Business lounges in ZRH even when flying on a Non-*A flight. At least that's the answer from Swiss (and double-confirmed from two of their staff..)

Considering the answer from LX did EXACTLY write about it (flying Non-*G as SEN) and not just a simple "yes", I'd consider it as valid.. maybe someone could test it

You could even bring a partner, as long as he/she flies with a *A carrier..

Screenshot:
https://www.image-load.net/show/img/Rj0oiMdFHo.JPG
Old Dec 27, 17, 11:51 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Unhappy Hopefully it is a misunderstanding

Quite some news (?)

Apparently, as SEN (and I suppose HON, too) you can now access the Swiss Business lounges in ZRH even when flying on a Non-*A flight. At least that's the answer from Swiss (and double-confirmed from two of their staff..)

Considering the answer from LX did EXACTLY write about it (flying Non-*G as SEN) and not just a simple "yes", I'd consider it as valid.. maybe someone could test it

Screenshot:
That is extremely bad news. Even more overcrowding. The only hope is that it will become more and more difficult to become SEN and that those lounges are no longer *G, putting the *G (from cheaper programs than LH group ones) to the business class lounges.

Also make a lounge accessible for paying guests, like Priority Pass, devalues the product for the premium passengers.
Old Dec 27, 17, 12:03 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by behuman View Post
That is extremely bad news. Even more overcrowding. The only hope is that it will become more and more difficult to become SEN and that those lounges are no longer *G, putting the *G (from cheaper programs than LH group ones) to the business class lounges.

Also make a lounge accessible for paying guests, like Priority Pass, devalues the product for the premium passengers.
As long as they only get access to the Business lounge that way and not the SEN lounge.............

I don't mind PP since one could argue that with the increased income the lounge can be nicer than itd be without it.
Old Dec 30, 17, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by gabdusch View Post
Thanks. The rules posted on Swiss.com definitely leave some room for interpretation and aren't very clear.

FlySWISS on Twitter confirmed that I should have access.

We will see in a few weeks!
Just an update, I had no issues accessing the ZRH F lounge (E-pier) on arrival from LAX with a companion flying in C. The lounge agent did not even ask for onward BPs.

What a great facility, and now I want the same bedding they have in the sleeping rooms for my home.
Old Jan 4, 18, 9:06 am

What a great facility, and now I want the same bedding they have in the sleeping rooms for my home.
It'll set you back mid-5 figures... https://www.hastens.com/
Old Jan 6, 18, 4:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
There are actually catalogues from the bedding company in each sleeping room
Old Jan 8, 18, 6:42 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...

Screenshot:
Are you sure it's not about specifically your partner? FTL should always have access to LH Group Business lounges by virtue of being FTL, when flying *A.

Search this Thread