Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Nov 12, 17, 3:17 pm

Luggage storage?

Hello, I will be flying in business YUL>ZRH>FLR. I arrive 7am in ZRH and have nearly 12 hours there before my flight to FLR. I would like to visit the city without all my things.

Would I be able to store my luggage in any of the lounges? I am flying Swiss, but also have access to Priority Pass and Diners Club lounges, recommendations are appreciated. Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 17, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by midnightmartini View Post
Hello, I will be flying in business YUL>ZRH>FLR. I arrive 7am in ZRH and have nearly 12 hours there before my flight to FLR. I would like to visit the city without all my things.

Would I be able to store my luggage in any of the lounges? I am flying Swiss, but also have access to Priority Pass and Diners Club lounges, recommendations are appreciated. Thank you!
No storage at the lounges.

Juat pay a few CHF and store at SBB train station (blue lockers) or manned lockers landside at ZRH.
Old Nov 13, 17, 6:29 pm

Thanks, I will look out for those then

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
No storage at the lounges.

Juat pay a few CHF and store at SBB train station (blue lockers) or manned lockers landside at ZRH.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Alaska MVP75; RC Gold; SPG Gold
Arriving and/or departing in E: SEN E lounge

Arriving and departing in D: Arrival lounge if you can access Schengen freely, alternatively SEN E (a bit of a detour, but much better than SEN D, especially regarding the shower)
Just to track back on this. We arrived in E, with 1:40 before my connection. Unfortunately, there was a fairly long queue to hit the SEN E lounge shower. Went over to D, and again there were too many people waiting. In retrospect, I should have gone to Arrival Lounge for a shower, although the E lounge is quite nice for grabbing breakfast. Wifi didn't work for me in either lounge, but I think that was my computer since others seemed to be connected. Many thanks for the advice.
Old Nov 29, 17, 4:40 pm

To answer my own question ... there are free lockers in the Swiss Lounge D

Old Nov 29, 17, 9:05 pm

To answer my own question ... there are free lockers in the Swiss Lounge D
Big enough to store rolling carry on?
Old Nov 30, 17, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
Big enough to store rolling carry on?
Yes, big enough for my carry-on roller case and personal item.
Old Dec 1, 17, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Flying LAX-ZRH in LX F with no onward connection, can I access the F Lounge at the E Gates? Not sure if the LAX flight is considered "clean" or not, and if not, will I be able to go thru transfer security with just my arriving BP and no onward flight?

Also, I'm not too clear on the guest rules. Can I guest someone in the F Lounge that arrived on the same LAX-ZRH flight, but holding a C-class BP?

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 17, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch View Post
Flying LAX-ZRH in LX F with no onward connection, can I access the F Lounge at the E Gates? Not sure if the LAX flight is considered "clean" or not, and if not, will I be able to go thru transfer security with just my arriving BP and no onward flight?

Also, I'm not too clear on the guest rules. Can I guest someone in the F Lounge that arrived on the same LAX-ZRH flight, but holding a C-class BP?

Thanks!
Arrival from the US are considered clean so you should be fine. LX kinda makes up their own rules regarding lounge access (NOT all like LH) and it probably comes up to the mind of the lounge attendant if you can take in a guest or not.. (Recently I even got challenged when trying to access the FCL on an incoming LX F flight because "the arrival lounge is open")

Dont hold your hopes too high.. but a try wont hurt.
Old Dec 2, 17, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Arrival from the US are considered clean so you should be fine. LX kinda makes up their own rules regarding lounge access (NOT all like LH) and it probably comes up to the mind of the lounge attendant if you can take in a guest or not.. (Recently I even got challenged when trying to access the FCL on an incoming LX F flight because "the arrival lounge is open")

Dont hold your hopes too high.. but a try wont hurt.
Thanks. The rules posted on Swiss.com definitely leave some room for interpretation and aren't very clear.

FlySWISS on Twitter confirmed that I should have access.

We will see in a few weeks!
Old Dec 2, 17, 5:29 pm

Thanks. The rules posted on Swiss.com definitely leave some room for interpretation and aren't very clear.

Good luck. Unfortunately their social media team arent perfect so I would take their answers with some grain of salt

Actually lounge access rules on Swiss.com (English page) are horrible. Some destinations have German text (on the English site), some descriptions say the status required in full text, others only use "SEN/HON", in short its anything but what you would expect from a professional airline.

https://www.swiss.com/fr/EN/fly/airp...nges-worldwide

Maskat, for example..
Old Dec 3, 17, 6:09 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28935437-post362.html

According to the Wolf he couldnt bring a guest arriving in F.. just a heads up as real "lounge" experience usually is more accurate to the "social media" team from LX (who are, in my experience, with the expection of the FT lurker, not really THAT experienced.. especially when I see what they (sometimes) give for answers on their channels
Old Dec 6, 17, 7:31 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

I would like to express my sincere comments about the ZRH Swiss Business Lounge in E, Arrival Lounge and particularly staff attitude. I arrived with a 11 hour layover and had amazing (bad) experience. Suffice it to say that the gentleman working in the Luggage storage area had more smiles and gave more info than either person in aforementioned Swiss Lounges. (By the bye your staff in Arrival Lounge - 50 meters from Luggage storage insisted that there was no luggage storage except in lockers. When I told her I had called from NYC and spoken to them she told me that I could not have. Would like to speak offline regarding poor decision not to have hand luggage storage lockers in the Terminal E lounge which has longhaul flights with long layovers. Bad planning.
Old Dec 6, 17, 11:45 pm

Dumping the last segment: No worries says LX

Just a little heads up to anyone that likes to drop that last segment (when departing on cheap destinations, and on the return "leaves" on ZRH)

LX confirmed that it's fine from their side (and they won't charge extra) and even informed to make sure that the luggage is only labelled to ZRH when doing so.

https://www.facebook.com/flyswiss.ch/posts/1850818851875466
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:23 am

Just a little heads up to anyone that likes to drop that last segment (when departing on cheap destinations, and on the return "leaves" on ZRH)

LX confirmed that it's fine from their side (and they won't charge extra) and even informed to make sure that the luggage is only labelled to ZRH when doing so.

That's brilliant to have in writing! More time in the ZRH lounges too

Search this Thread