Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jun 7, 17, 11:29 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold)
Hey.
SEN Card, flying TXL-ZRH in Y or C class (still thinking), connecting to train to Basel (LX code) with no checked luggage. Transfer time- 1h30 mins.

Can I use any of LX Lounges in ZRH while waiting the train?
Old Jun 7, 17, 12:51 pm

Yes, you may use any of the SEN lounges (even the one in E if you don't mind the trek) - or the Arrival Lounge (landside near Arrival 2, open till 1pm only)

I'd rate them as following: SEN E > Arrival Lounge > SEN A

By the way, you don't have to take the train you booked. You can take ANY train on the day of travel (or actually the day before and after as well..)

As a SEN, you may use the regular SEN lounges as Arrival lounges, so you can stay as long as you please on the day of arrival.

Honestly, not much use (for most, at least) to book C on such a short route if you're SEN anyway.
Old Jun 7, 17, 1:15 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold)
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Yes, you may use any of the SEN lounges (even the one in E if you don't mind the trek) - or the Arrival Lounge (landside near Arrival 2, open till 1pm only)

I'd rate them as following: SEN E > Arrival Lounge > SEN A

By the way, you don't have to take the train you booked. You can take ANY train on the day of travel (or actually the day before and after as well..)

As a SEN, you may use the regular SEN lounges as Arrival lounges, so you can stay as long as you please on the day of arrival.

Honestly, not much use (for most, at least) to book C on such a short route if you're SEN anyway.
Thanks for the info. The price difference between Y and C is only 30 euros and itīs the only reason for which I consider flying in C.

Your nice answer raised another question-curiosity. Many of the arrival lounges (like IB or BA) have different rules than the regular lounges. IB for example only allows access to their own "C" pax on long-haul routes or their own Sapphire/Emerald members (on long-haul routes too; BA members excluded when flying in Y).
The LX policy is different? I mean, do I have an access when ending my trip in ZRH flying from MUC? It seems too nice to be truth xD
Old Jun 7, 17, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Marcin83 View Post
Thanks for the info. The price difference between Y and C is only 30 euros and itīs the only reason for which I consider flying in C.

Your nice answer raised another question-curiosity. Many of the arrival lounges (like IB or BA) have different rules than the regular lounges. IB for example only allows access to their own "C" pax on long-haul routes or their own Sapphire/Emerald members (on long-haul routes too; BA members excluded when flying in Y).
The LX policy is different? I mean, do I have an access when ending my trip in ZRH flying from MUC? It seems too nice to be truth xD
LX Arrival lounge is (still) among the more "liberal" one in terms of access. You only need to hold M&M status (FTL and above) to be able to access it, with ANY arriving *A flight (yes, even a FTL on a cheap TK ticket is let in )

For the LH Arrival lounge in FRA, the rules, are more strict in comparison. You'll need to arrive long haul to gain access (otherwise, kinda similar, and I prefer the LH Arrival lounge in FRA over the LX counterpart in ZRH)
Old Jun 9, 17, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm in the same position. I was once AC*G but no longer. I have a C ticket YUL-ZRH-DUB and I'm wondering without *G which lounges would actually be available. The "business" lounges on LH/LX come since I lost *G I think.

Originally Posted by hockeyfan12 View Post
Flying YUL-ZRH-GVA, all on LX in C. Not *G.

Looking to shower and have a quick breakfast during our 1:45 layover.
Assuming we arrive in E, what lounge is best for showering?

I understand the Arrivals lounge has 20 showers so likely be no wait for showers.
Do the business lounges in E or A has a reasonable number of showers?

If we arrive in D I believe we would need to re clear security, so visiting the Arrivals lounge might make the most sense in that case.

Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 17, 2:35 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by zkzkz View Post
I'm in the same position. I was once AC*G but no longer. I have a C ticket YUL-ZRH-DUB and I'm wondering without *G which lounges would actually be available. The "business" lounges on LH/LX come since I lost *G I think.
E Gates C Lounge > A Arrivals Lounge > A Gates C Lounge/Sen Lounge depends how much time you have Likely you will land at E Gates so why not E Gates If you have time to exit then Arrivals Lounge is very good no problems with luggage storage and a few slumber rooms if you want t osleep for a few hours
Old Jul 1, 17, 7:38 am

..Forgive me if its been answered before, I did not read thru the 72 pages to find my info...

Quick question: Flying in 1-2 weeks with LH from ZRH-FRA in C (then onwards to my final destination in C as well..)

ZRH-FRA with LH usually depart from B gates, correct?

I wanted to use the new lounges in E to see/feel experience them, as I really think the ones on A usually have a poor choice of food, hit/miss for what I like...

Will the one on E have a better food choice (or same)? more spacious? crowded on a weekend around 5-7pm? Can I come/go without hassle B/E/B? How long will take? Anything else to take into consideration? (do have an EU passport...)

Thanks in advance for the input..

Last edited by RedRobin; Jul 1, 17 at 12:54 pm
Old Jul 1, 17, 8:37 pm

They usually depart from A. Apart to that just plan in enough time for the transfer. E shouldnt be too busy at that time of the day.
Old Jul 3, 17, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Best Lounge Option?

I have not been to Zurich Airport for several years but are flying in with Singapore Airlines in First then I head to Brussels on and my partner to London both with Swiss in Business.

We have about a 4 hour layover, ideally would like to shower but also stay together as long as possible. Just wondered the best Lounge to head to to achieve this as I assume we will depart different terminals.

Thanks
​​
Old Jul 4, 17, 12:48 am

Unless you are M&M SEN (then the arrival lounge could be a choice too) then the best would be the C lounge in Gate E (where you arrive) - if you hold *G it has a better Gold side too.
Old Jul 4, 17, 12:55 am

Programs: *G
As *G, which of the ZRH lounges I have access to when flying Y have the nicest showers? I'm landing & leaving out of E on a layover but I'm meeting a family member post-security over at A/B anyway, so I can take a shower anywhere really since i'll have to move through transit zones anyway.

Unless you are M&M SEN (then the arrival lounge could be a choice too) then the best would be the C lounge in Gate E (where you arrive) - if you hold *G it has a better Gold side too.
Given that you're essentially answering the same question just one comment above, is your answer applicable to mine too?
Old Jul 4, 17, 8:14 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
Given that you're essentially answering the same question just one comment above, is your answer applicable to mine too?
That is correct. However, as you're *G (and might want to leave the airside terminal anyway), the arrival lounge definitely is an option for you (as long as you arrive before 1pm after which that lounge will be closed) as this lounge has lots of showers, so your chance of instantly getting one should be high.

There are 4 showers in the A lounge complex and wait times are usually not too long (if any), however, even though they have recently been refurbished, they are still quite small and humidity inside the shower rooms will be high. I cannot comment on the quantity or quality of the E lounge showers, though.
Old Jul 4, 17, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
That is correct. However, as you're *G (and might want to leave the airside terminal anyway), the arrival lounge definitely is an option for you (as long as you arrive before 1pm after which that lounge will be closed) as this lounge has lots of showers, so your chance of instantly getting one should be high.

There are 4 showers in the A lounge complex and wait times are usually not too long (if any), however, even though they have recently been refurbished, they are still quite small and humidity inside the shower rooms will be high. I cannot comment on the quantity or quality of the E lounge showers, though.
I will indeed arrive before 1pm. Might be good to welcome my family landside anyway and I'm not too worried about the lines for security&passport control to go airside. Especially if it has better breakfast than the E lounge!
Old Jul 4, 17, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
I will indeed arrive before 1pm. Might be good to welcome my family landside anyway and I'm not too worried about the lines for security&passport control to go airside. Especially if it has better breakfast than the E lounge!
Warning: I suppose bruce80 didn't realize you're probably a Non-M&M *G. Those do NOT get access to the Arrival lounge (purely for arriving pax in C/F on LX flights as well as FTL/SEN/HON arriving on any *A flight)

You probably want to shower / eat breakfast in the E lounge, then head landside, then airside / E lounge again.

Just for reference, I feel that the breakfast in the Arrival lounge has been slightly improved (ie, really get better, not enhanced ) - and I would say it's quite en par with the one in E (unless you fancy an Omelette, maybe, which is only available in E)
Old Jul 4, 17, 3:44 pm

Warning: I suppose bruce80 didn't realize you're probably a Non-M&M *G. Those do NOT get access to the Arrival lounge (purely for arriving pax in C/F on LX flights as well as FTL/SEN/HON arriving on any *A flight)

You probably want to shower / eat breakfast in the E lounge, then head landside, then airside / E lounge again.

Just for reference, I feel that the breakfast in the Arrival lounge has been slightly improved (ie, really get better, not enhanced ) - and I would say it's quite en par with the one in E (unless you fancy an Omelette, maybe, which is only available in E)
aaaaah that's good to know. E lounge it is! I'm a UA *G, not M&M indeed. But I'm landing & leaving in E so I'll just go there for shower&breakfast and co-ordinate with my family,

Search this Thread