Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Apr 18, 17, 8:12 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by X2921294H View Post
Short question towards the ZRH SEN lounge access experts:

Ticket: C (LH stock: 220)

Inbound on LX 1577 from VIE
Connecting/Outbound on LX 4430 to CGN (codeshare, metal: EW/AB).

Will I have access to SEN Lounges or only to C Lounges?

I am asking, as I planned to do a little tasting in the 28/10 Whisky Lounge ... and just got aware of that codeshare topic ... :-(
Since you have an LX flight number and C ticket as *G you should have access. I would try and avoid the EW/4U boarding pass just in case
Old Apr 18, 17, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
Since you have an LX flight number and C ticket as *G you should have access. I would try and avoid the EW/4U boarding pass just in case
In *A, metal is all that counts. This is unfortunately a flight on a non-*A carrier, thus no *A benefits (generally spoken)

Assuming his C class ticket gets him into "Best", he'll have Business class lounge access in ZRH, but that's about it as much as I understand.
Old Apr 18, 17, 9:20 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
In *A, metal is all that counts. This is unfortunately a flight on a non-*A carrier, thus no *A benefits (generally spoken)

Assuming his C class ticket gets him into "Best", he'll have Business class lounge access in ZRH, but that's about it as much as I understand.
Correct in principle but EW and 4U are exceptions (and within that UA and NH *G are exceptions again) - so here is the EW website (proving me wrong on the *G point although the LX flight number might trick the LDs into granting access perhaps):

SWISS Senator Lounge

Open to: SEN, HON
Terminal 1, departure area A
Opening times:
daily: 05:45 - 22:30

SWISS Business Lounge

Open to: FTL (SMART), SEN, HON, BEST passengers
Terminal 1, departure area A
Opening times:
daily: 05:45 - 22:30
Lounge companion:
Not allowed.

NOTICE: for all bookings from 26 MAR 2017 lounge access in BASIC fare will not be available. Until 28 Oct 2017 an exceptional regulation applies.
Old Apr 18, 17, 3:07 pm

Hello, I've searched this thread but not found an answer. Are there lockers available in any of the lounges, where I can leave a carry-on suitcase while I go into the city on a long layover? I'm arriving and departing non-Schengen, likely E.
Old Apr 19, 17, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by usfly View Post
Hello, I've searched this thread but not found an answer. Are there lockers available in any of the lounges, where I can leave a carry-on suitcase while I go into the city on a long layover? I'm arriving and departing non-Schengen, likely E.
I don't recall seeing luggage lockers, but there are lockers at most major train stations, including Zürich main station.
Old Apr 19, 17, 5:30 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Ive left carryon in the First Lounge A Gates a few times arriving early morning transcontinental then departing to TLV late night
Old Apr 19, 17, 10:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Maybe not at the lounges, but there are SBB luggage lockers one level above the airport train station, right next to the escalators down to platform 3/4.
Old May 1, 17, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
Hello Everyone!

First time posting here in the LX forum and going to be my first time flying LX here in June. I had a question regarding the lounges, I am *G on LX metal flying form ZRH>CPH, am able to somehow (don't mind extra security or passport control) to get to the E gates to access there senator lounge there? (Believe that is the international terminal) If so, is it pretty easy to navigate just by signs in the airport? Also, I am allowed a guest who is on the same PNR as me correct? Sorry if any of this has been answered prior, I appreciate all the information!

Thanks!
Old May 2, 17, 3:11 am

If on EU passport very easy. Otherwise check if your visa allows entry/Exit of Schengen Unlimited. Same rules for Guests as everywhere ie one guest allowed with same day *G departure.
Old May 2, 17, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
If on EU passport very easy. Otherwise check if your visa allows entry/Exit of Schengen Unlimited. Same rules for Guests as everywhere ie one guest allowed with same day *G departure.
US passport, not an issue with entry/exit so Im glad we can do this (did it last month myself in FRA flying LH F to meet with a friend, just wasn't sure if ZRH was the same. Thanks for the info!
Old May 12, 17, 3:34 am

Does anyone have recent experience with the wait time for showers in the Sen E lounge? Will be there approx 18:00-20:00.
Old May 22, 17, 6:07 am

Programs: Chase, United
Lounge? Gates?

Arriving Bcn>zrh and connecting to zrh>lax. Lax c class. Layover 1:35. Is it possible to know in advance what terminals I will arrive and depart? What lounge will this give me access to that I should try, if I have time? Thanks! Zc
Old May 22, 17, 6:49 am

You most probably arrive A and depart E. Easy transfer. Visit the E Business lounge. US flights have increased hassle (aka controls) so leave the lounge early enough.
Old May 22, 17, 3:12 pm

Programs: Chase, United
You most probably arrive A and depart E. Easy transfer. Visit the E Business lounge. US flights have increased hassle (aka controls) so leave the lounge early enough.
Thanks! Can you say whether the second control requires dumping out all water and rebuying water on the other side? Thanks, zc
Old May 22, 17, 4:00 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by zoechow View Post
Thanks! Can you say whether the second control requires dumping out all water and rebuying water on the other side? Thanks, zc
As far as I can tell the "extra hassle" amounts to getting your documents checked before boarding. They have movable podiums for doing that, placed near the departure gate. (I know US likes to change requirements, but I haven't heard of additional security checks, except for people who are randomly selected.)

I.e. no security checkpoints between A/B and E. (The other direction can vary.)

Search this Thread