Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by drewguy
Flying IAD-ZRH-VIE (UA to OS). Looks like I'm E arrival, and A departure. Any tricks?

As for lounge access, I'm *G (Plat UA), so I have access +1, yes? Seems like recommendation is to stay for E lounge instead of heading to A for that lounge?

Of course, this likely is irrelevant, as I'm traveling with tween daughter plus spouse - I'm guessing lounge dragons won't let them both in? Or is sweet talking a possibility? (Saturday morning, so perhaps a bit off peak)
No real tricks: chances are you'll be dumped directly into the "clean" airside arrivals area in E, I'd recommend going straight to the E lounge *if* you decide to go. (Going to A you'll take a little train, followed by quick passport control. Total of 10 minutes lounge-to-gate IME, slightly more if non-EU/EFTA. Boarding times are much shorter in CH too.)

*G means 1 guest, plus children up to the age of 2. I imagine LX would be strict on this, no harm in trying - but unlikely to succeed with LX I'd think (not every agent is identical in this case).
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Flying LX, LAX-ZRH-TXL in C, as *G (with my wife, also *G). We are definitely hitting the whisky bar (my brief visit there in June made her jealous!) during our (2h 45m) layover.

LX 41 typically arrives in E, I believe. Our outbound has alternated between A & B for its departure.

How long should it take for us to go from the E Sen Lounge to A or B? Is New Years Day generally a heavy travel day at ZRH, or light?

Thx. in advance.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:23 am

Unless you positively had to be at the gate when the boarding starts, walking out the door of E lounges 10 minutes before scheduled boarding will be enough.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:14 am

What klausa said.

New Years day imho is a light travel day, especially this year with the Holidays ending only 1 week after it (If work re-starts at 3rd January after earliest possible school holidays, it could be different)
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Thanks, both of you! (We have no problem with dashing aboard at the end of boarding, as we will have a small backpack each plus gym bag, so it all can go under seats if needed -- even in C.)
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:30 am

Flying YUL-ZRH-GVA, all on LX in C. Not *G.

Looking to shower and have a quick breakfast during our 1:45 layover.
Assuming we arrive in E, what lounge is best for showering?

I understand the Arrivals lounge has 20 showers so likely be no wait for showers.
Do the business lounges in E or A has a reasonable number of showers?

If we arrive in D I believe we would need to re clear security, so visiting the Arrivals lounge might make the most sense in that case.

Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:28 am

flying through ZRH next week. Arriving from BCN and flying to EWR.

What would be the best lounge to use? I'm *G and fly in J

Never been to ZRH before
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by fwerfel
flying through ZRH next week. Arriving from BCN and flying to EWR.

What would be the best lounge to use? I'm *G and fly in J

Never been to ZRH before
Best lounge: SEN E (where your flight will depart from)

You'll land in A, "clean", ie no extra security apart from the one for US-departures. If you don't want to get an extra security check, don't go landside for the Arrival lounge.

Other options:

You could try the SEN A (the bar is fine if you smoke or don't mind it) or the Arrival lounge (if before 1pm) for shower/smoothies, or a late breakfast (if you fancy that, since the SEN E will have breakfast only till 10.30am, while the Arrival Lounge will have breakfast, albeit worse than in SEN E, till 1pm)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Best lounge: SEN E (where your flight will depart from)

You'll land in A, "clean", ie no extra security apart from the one for US-departures. If you don't want to get an extra security check, don't go landside for the Arrival lounge.

Other options:

You could try the SEN A (the bar is fine if you smoke or don't mind it) or the Arrival lounge (if before 1pm) for shower/smoothies, or a late breakfast (if you fancy that, since the SEN E will have breakfast only till 10.30am, while the Arrival Lounge will have breakfast, albeit worse than in SEN E, till 1pm)
thanks!

do all flights to the US depart from terminal E? I looked for the flight I'll be taking, and yesterday it left from D43 (flight LX18)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by fwerfel
thanks!

do all flights to the US depart from terminal E? I looked for the flight I'll be taking, and yesterday it left from D43 (flight LX18)
Most flights to the US leave from Terminal E, but it's possible that a few are leaving from the D Gates (Which are also Non-Schengen gates)

Chance for a departure from the E-Gates is still probably above 90%. D Gates are mostly used for short haul Non-Schengen departures.

IF your flight departs from D, and you've enough time, I'd still suggest going to the SEN E lounge as it's vastly superior to the D lounge (that will mean you're either getting an extra security check transfering directly from E to D, or going via Schengen (A) again on the transfer back from the E gates. If you're a member of a Schengen state, that won't give any questions, otherwise if you're allowed to immigrate into Schengen unlimited it would also work. For people with limited Schengen Visa, the only way would be E->D directly (which is perfectly fine, just a security check extra instead of twice immigration, which most EU/Swiss prefer, including myself)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Most flights to the US leave from Terminal E, but it's possible that a few are leaving from the D Gates (Which are also Non-Schengen gates)

Chance for a departure from the E-Gates is still probably above 90%. D Gates are mostly used for short haul Non-Schengen departures.

IF your flight departs from D, and you've enough time, I'd still suggest going to the SEN E lounge as it's vastly superior to the D lounge (that will mean you're either getting an extra security check transfering directly from E to D, or going via Schengen (A) again on the transfer back from the E gates. If you're a member of a Schengen state, that won't give any questions, otherwise if you're allowed to immigrate into Schengen unlimited it would also work. For people with limited Schengen Visa, the only way would be E->D directly (which is perfectly fine, just a security check extra instead of twice immigration, which most EU/Swiss prefer, including myself)
great, thanks for your help! I have a Schengen pasport ;-)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:00 pm

Looking for advice.

I'm meeting my family in ZRH, who are flying from Asia arriving around 6am (non-Schegen flight so I assume they're de-plane at Gate E), whereas I'm flying from LHR, arriving at noon.

Our first stop is not in Zurich (going to St. Gallen) so they'd prefer to stay in the airport and wait for me before I arrive.

They have DragonPass and I was wondering if they'll be able to use one of the lounges even though they're not connecting. If they can, does anyone have any recommendation regarding their checked luggage? I feel like it's not a very good idea to just leave the luggage unclaimed while staying in the lounge. lol

If they cannot use the lounge, I think I'll suggest them to get the baggage, leave them with Left Baggage service and check out the Observation Deck, and then maybe lounge around at some coffee shop.

Any suggestion welcomed!! Thanks in advance :-:
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Something new for both the Business and Senator lounges in A (at least I haven't noticed before): They have upgraded their bathroom amenities and are now providing soap and hand cream by dutch brand Rituals with "Infinity" smell (Mandarin and Mint), relatively similar to the aroma Sheraton provide world-wide.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:10 pm

Can you access the lounge in E when arriving from the US with a same day connecting board pass to ZDH (train)?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: QR Silver, A3 Silver, (former: AB Platinum)
Short question towards the ZRH SEN lounge access experts:

Ticket: C (LH stock: 220)

Inbound on LX 1577 from VIE
Connecting/Outbound on LX 4430 to CGN (codeshare, metal: EW/AB).

Will I have access to SEN Lounges or only to C Lounges?

I am asking, as I planned to do a little tasting in the 28/10 Whisky Lounge ... and just got aware of that codeshare topic ... :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.