Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Aug 19, 16, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
If I fly JFK-FRA (LH F); then FRA-ZRH (LX J); then ZRH-ATH (LX J), will I be able to access the new LX F Terminal E lounge on account of having a same day LH F boarding pass?

This appears to be the case from my reading of the lounge access rules, but that seems a little too generous/odd! Does the FRA-ZRH segment need to be on LX or can it be LH J?

Thanks!
You can access the LX F lounges (A and E). Keep your F boarding pass and show it at the lounge entrance.
FRA-ZRH can be LH or LX, no problem.
Your flight from FRA will arrive at A/B and your flight to ATH will also depart from A/B. So going/coming to/from E requires you to pass passport control twice and ride the Heidi train twice. No problem if you have enough time.
Old Aug 19, 16, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by PetzLUX View Post
You can access the LX F lounges (A and E). Keep your F boarding pass and show it at the lounge entrance.
FRA-ZRH can be LH or LX, no problem.
Your flight from FRA will arrive at A/B and your flight to ATH will also depart from A/B. So going/coming to/from E requires you to pass passport control twice and ride the Heidi train twice. No problem if you have enough time.
Thank you for the detailed explanation, PetzLUX!
Old Aug 19, 16, 10:25 pm

Just forgot: you may go to FCL A and get a shuttle to E.
However depending on your arrival gate, it won't be much quicker than going by yourself. Passport control in ZRH generally is not much crowded and the train ride to E takes 90 sec.

From E to A/B you will have to go on your own.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Aug 19, 16 at 10:45 pm
Old Aug 20, 16, 12:18 am

However depending on your arrival gate, it won't be much quicker than going by yourself. Passport control in ZRH generally is not much crowded and the train ride to E takes 90 sec.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 20, 16, 8:24 am

Is the shuttle from FCL A to E a special FC shuttle/limo? Thank YOU. These tips are very helpful!
Old Aug 20, 16, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Is the shuttle from FCL A to E a special FC shuttle/limo? Thank YOU. These tips are very helpful!
Black limo or van usually depending of number of people to drive to E at that time.
From FCL A down with elevator to ground level, there passport control, drive to E, elevator up to FCL E.
If you go to FCL A, just tell them that you would like to visit the E lounge (in case you have enough time) and they will set up the transfer.
Old Aug 21, 16, 9:08 pm

Please pardon me if this is obvious, but I couldn't find the answer in searching this thread. Arriving on AC from YYZ in J and am *G. I know that I don't have access to Arrivals, but are there any other accessible lounges that would allow a quick shower before leaving the airport? Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 16, 11:13 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Waldofriend View Post
Please pardon me if this is obvious, but I couldn't find the answer in searching this thread. Arriving on AC from YYZ in J and am *G. I know that I don't have access to Arrivals, but are there any other accessible lounges that would allow a quick shower before leaving the airport? Thanks.
So, it sounds like you can't access any of the *A lounges (not sure if that's what you were asking?): "You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport."

There are two lounges with paid access: Aspire have one at the E-gates (where you are likely to arrive), there's also a dnata lounge in the main terminal - but I've not found any information online suggesting they have showers.

If you want to be more adventurous: I think I remember seeing a public shower near the Swiss lounge in D: if you arrive in E, you'll need to take the Heidi Train, follow signs to D, go through security (unless you want to go through passport control twice), then look for the shower in the corridor leading to the Swiss lounge. I don't think any other terminal has a public shower? If you arrive at D (unlikely, that's mostly shorthaul non-Schengen, and a few Swiss long-haul arrivals), then you can go straight to the shower.
Old Aug 22, 16, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by televisor View Post

If you want to be more adventurous: I think I remember seeing a public shower near the Swiss lounge in D: if you arrive in E, you'll need to take the Heidi Train, follow signs to D, go through security (unless you want to go through passport control twice), then look for the shower in the corridor leading to the Swiss lounge. I don't think any other terminal has a public shower? If you arrive at D (unlikely, that's mostly shorthaul non-Schengen, and a few Swiss long-haul arrivals), then you can go straight to the shower.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see how adventurous I feel when I get there - might just wait till I get where I'm going which is about a 3 hour train ride from ZRH.
Old Sep 10, 16, 9:18 am

Just wanted to check:

Arriving LX-C class (BOM-ZRH) (UA Star Gold);
Departing same day LX-C class (ZRH-ORD).

Will get to use the SEN Lounge near "E" gates? And it seems this lounge has shower stalls (more than one I hope!)

Cannot use Arrivals lounge as pax will not have Swiss / Schengen entry visa.
Old Sep 10, 16, 9:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by ft4lyf View Post
Just wanted to check:

Arriving LX-C class (BOM-ZRH) (UA Star Gold);
Departing same day LX-C class (ZRH-ORD).

Will get to use the SEN Lounge near "E" gates? And it seems this lounge has shower stalls (more than one I hope!)

Cannot use Arrivals lounge as pax will not have Swiss / Schengen entry visa.
Correct. In fact, you can't even use the A SEN lounge, as it's within Schengen. E has showers, as well as A.
Old Sep 10, 16, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
Correct. In fact, you can't even use the A SEN lounge, as it's within Schengen. E has showers, as well as A.
Thanks for this info!
Old Sep 10, 16, 2:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by ft4lyf View Post
Thanks for this info!
Some additional info: After deboarding your plane inbound from BOM, you'll most likely end up on the intermediate level of concourse E. Follow the signs towards connections A/B/E which will make you end up at a transit security checkpoint (should not take longer than 10 minutes, but depends on who's in front of you. Please be aware that duty free liquids will be re-packed by the staff, don't ask me, so it's actually faster when you don't have any). As soon as you get to the upper level, turn around and look for the signage to the lounges. Please be aware that the stairs towards the lounges are quite narrow and can easily be missed.
Old Sep 10, 16, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
Some additional info: After deboarding your plane inbound from BOM, you'll most likely end up on the intermediate level of concourse E. Follow the signs towards connections A/B/E which will make you end up at a transit security checkpoint (should not take longer than 10 minutes, but depends on who's in front of you. Please be aware that duty free liquids will be re-packed by the staff, don't ask me, so it's actually faster when you don't have any). As soon as you get to the upper level, turn around and look for the signage to the lounges. Please be aware that the stairs towards the lounges are quite narrow and can easily be missed.
Great tips!
Old Sep 12, 16, 1:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Hi everyone, I'm really looking forward to my first flight aboard LX F
I will be arriving from LCY at 21:00 and will fly on to YUL at 11:55, the following day.

I see that the E lounge has hotel rooms but the lounge closes at night, is this correct?

If so, will I be able to get dinner in the lounge upon arrival and then make my way to the Transit Hotel/ Radisson?

(there is a somewhat arcane and intricate web of clean/ dirty, schengen/non-schengen which I am still attempting to unravel)

If I am able to get either hotel for the same price, which is the preferred option?

Many thanks for your replies.

Search this Thread