Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Feb 23, 16, 11:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Charly61 View Post
I meant the "exclusive business class bus" :-) taking me to the passport control downstairs the FCL A and then directly on to terminal E would make sense. if no other pax are in the same bus
Chances are there will be other passengers since the bus is for all arriving Business Class passengers and not just for those connecting to First.
Old Feb 27, 16, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Question F Lounge access upon arrival in ZRH?

Greetings,

Arriving ZRH from JFK in LX F, will I have access to the (A or E) F-lounge, even though I don't have onward travel that day?

If so, are the "hotel rooms" bookable in advance, or strictly first come, first served?

Many thanks in advance,
Lewis
Old Feb 27, 16, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by LewDog View Post
Greetings,

Arriving ZRH from JFK in LX F, will I have access to the (A or E) F-lounge, even though I don't have onward travel that day?

If so, are the "hotel rooms" bookable in advance, or strictly first come, first served?

Many thanks in advance,
Lewis
Generally spoken, yes, you do have access to the F lounges on arrival as F pax (That's a special rule for arriving F pax that is not widely announced, and it's not the same as C pax (to the Business lounges), only as SEN / HON on arrival as well) - an alternative might be (if arriving in the morning) to use the Arrival Lounge (which is designed for that and also has resting rooms, albeit not as nice as the new F lounge) - if you have luggage, you'll find it at the Lost&Found counter if you choose to use the F lounge.

The hotel rooms are strictly first come, first serve.
Old Feb 27, 16, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Generally spoken, yes, you do have access to the F lounges on arrival as F pax (That's a special rule for arriving F pax that is not widely announced, and it's not the same as C pax (to the Business lounges), only as SEN / HON on arrival as well) - an alternative might be (if arriving in the morning) to use the Arrival Lounge (which is designed for that and also has resting rooms, albeit not as nice as the new F lounge) - if you have luggage, you'll find it at the Lost&Found counter if you choose to use the F lounge.

The hotel rooms are strictly first come, first serve.
Many thanks for the quick and helpful response.

I'm a oneWorld guy most of the time so this is all very exotic (and a bit different from the oW access rules.)

My use case here is a place to shower and park my family for the 3-4 hours between morning arrival and our hotel downtown being ready. I haven't gotten to experience the new E-lounge yet, but if the Arrivals lounge suits that need just as well, that may very well be easier.

Good point re: luggage reclaim -- we will almost certainly not be checking bags though.

Thanks again,
Lewis
Old Feb 27, 16, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by LewDog View Post
Many thanks for the quick and helpful response.

I'm a oneWorld guy most of the time so this is all very exotic (and a bit different from the oW access rules.)

My use case here is a place to shower and park my family for the 3-4 hours between morning arrival and our hotel downtown being ready. I haven't gotten to experience the new E-lounge yet, but if the Arrivals lounge suits that need just as well, that may very well be easier.

Good point re: luggage reclaim -- we will almost certainly not be checking bags though.

Thanks again,
Lewis
Yes, Star Alliance and One World are quite differently regarding many things - the gras is always greener on the other side, so to speak

The "Arrival pax are allowed into F lounges / Status passengers from M&M are allowed to use their lounge on arrival" rule isn't even in place in the whole Lufthansa Group. While Lufthansa always (as much as I remember) allowed it, Swiss only started to allow it since about 2-3 years ago, and Austrian doesn't allow it at all (I don't know about LOT/Brussels) - so it's not consistent at all. And for Swiss, it's not officially published (albeit it does work consistently in ZRH - while in GVA, they're less aware of their own rules ) but just a "if you know the rule, it will work for you".

That said, the Arrival lounge is nice, but the F lounge - especially the new one in Gate E - is much nicer. You might very well arrive in Gate E, thus it will be just exiting the plane (into the "clean" area, ie no security check to access the lounge) and going to the lounge. Hopefully they'll have a room ready for you, but otherwise their breakfast will keep you awake for sure too. While the Arrival lounge used to be a really good choice, with the introduction of the new lounges in E, those are offering better breakfasts and overall experiences. I'd stay there for a while if you're really tired and need some more rest - otherwise you might want to just leave the airport for downtown earlier. Even if your room isn't ready in downtown area, after a nice shower in the lounge, a short rest and some proper breakfast, Zurich is ready for discovery for you & your family (if you're having a relatively short stay)

One thing I could recommend in your case would be to take Tram line number 10 from the airport downtown - you'll get some nice sighseeing on the way and since it takes 30min or so it will be a nice usage of time anyway.

Let us know here (or on the general Swiss / Europe travel forum) if we can be of any more assistance, always glad to help. I always enjoy "playing the guide" for some fellow Flyertalkers whenever I can make myself available in Zurich.
Old Mar 2, 16, 6:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Platinium
Travelling tomorrow thought the new Senator Lounge E gates,

question : Is there any champagne served in Senator or Business lounge ?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 16, 7:16 am

No, only prosecco.
Old Mar 29, 16, 3:53 pm

Programs: M&M FT, A3
Visiting new business lounge

Is it possible to visit the new Swiss Business lounge in terminal E, with a business class ticket for a connecting Schengen flight ?
I mean i'll connect in Zurich terminal A from FRA to MAD and it would be nice if I can go to terminal E to the new lounge.
I suppose I'll have to go trough the border control...
Old Mar 29, 16, 4:47 pm

Yes, you'll have to pass the border patrol and the border guards might look at you weird, but if you explain you're going to see the new lounges they'll let you trough. Just be aware that getting from E back to A takes a while and you'll be fine.
Old Mar 29, 16, 6:00 pm

However, there were some reports that people were denied passing border control at peak hours there.
Old Apr 4, 16, 1:40 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Yet another lounge question

I am arriving from Bangkok at 19.40 I fly out the next day at 12.20 to Barcelona and intend to stay overnight at a hotel airport. All flights in J class. I will pass border control when I leave at 19.30. If I want to visit the E gate lounge in the morning, what is the best strategy, or will I be passing border control too many times? Thanks in advance

Last edited by wtcmor; Apr 17, 16 at 10:36 pm
Old Apr 7, 16, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Just wanted to say I was at the E gate lounge last week on a ZRH-YUL flight and it was the greatest lounge I have ever been too.

Being able to have some drinks and sit at a patio table and watch planes taking off in the open air with the alps in the background was an incredible experience.

My next TATL experience will involve ZRH for sure
Old Apr 29, 16, 6:34 am

Programs: MM FTL
some weeks ago I had raised the questions about how to get to the new F lounge in terminal E when arriving at a remote postion. Now I know.
we were taken in a separate bus to the terminal building and actually came past the exit with imigration where the limos/vans are waiting for F pax. I asked the lady whether she could take us directly to E but she could not. we had to go upstairs to the lounge where I told the receptionist that we would like to go to the new E lounge. were immediately accompanied downstairs again, through passport control and out to terminal E. everything went very smoothly. the lady driver said that the lounge personal need to determine who would be entitled to get lounge access and that they also coordinated the cars when several passengers would leave at the same time.
the new F lounge is really fantastic, in the middle of the airport, spacious, windows on 3 sides, possibility to sit outside, congrats
Old May 1, 16, 12:25 am

Programs: 1 thousand
This cheap *G is really enjoying the E Sen lounge. Good food, and they even cook eggs to order. (What do they offer later in the day?) "Relax" room is pretty nice too.

How similar is the business lounge? I wonder if the rumoured new *A tier means *G would be demoted to that lounge (I'm assuming Sen would be equivalent to the new level or something, admittedly this is all guesswork and rumours at this stage).
Old Jun 8, 16, 3:29 pm

Hi,

I'm flying ZRH-FRA-SIN on LH in C (to FRA) and F.

Am I allowed to access the Swiss First lounge? I used to do this a lot a couple of years back but since they've introduced some small print on their website that says "First class passengers have to be booked on a Swiss flight".

Is this just their way of saying no codeshare passengers or am I indeed not allowed in because I'm flying to Frankfurt on Lufthansa?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: