Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:37 am

What are the rules for accessing Welcome Lounge at ZRH?

Swiss.com says
First Class SWISS und Lufthansa, HON Circle, Miles & More Senator, Business Class SWISS und Lufthansa, Miles & More Frequent Traveller
which implies access to FTL and SENs even on short-haul flights - which is a very different policy than LH Welcome Lounge in FRA.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by klausa
What are the rules for accessing Welcome Lounge at ZRH?

Swiss.com says

which implies access to FTL and SENs even on short-haul flights - which is a very different policy than LH Welcome Lounge in FRA.

Corret. Valid same day arrival ticket on any Swiss/LH operated flight will do. Mind the opening hours, and the fact they stop allowing dayroom access quite some time before closing.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: MilleMiglia Freccia Alata
What do you guys think of the new Swiss First, business and Senator lounge at ZRH?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/busine...7663374929879/

I think it looks really good. Better than the Lufthansa lounges imho.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by ArthurM
What do you guys think of the new Swiss First, business and Senator lounge at ZRH?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/busine...7663374929879/

I think it looks really good. Better than the Lufthansa lounges imho.
Well, the design has never been an issue with LX lounges (except maybe for the A FCL which I always found a bit too much like a waiting area at a train station). What they always needed to improve upon was the food quality (and their concept looks promising).

However, in order to create a consistent experience, they would somehow have to backport the new concept to the existing lounges which might prove difficult, especially in D. To me, the primary question in this respect is whether they'll keep the existing FCL A. If they choose to close it, they would have enough space for a long-needed improvement of the other A lounges.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by bruce80
To me, the primary question in this respect is whether they'll keep the existing FCL A. If they choose to close it, they would have enough space for a long-needed improvement of the other A lounges.
Already mentioned several times here in the threads around: a FCL A will remain.

The plans are to create a "F/HON-Terminal-in-terminal": a dedicated F/HON checkin with security, passport control and lounge (probably the existing FCL A - which my also be renovated in style of FCL E, hopefully) in A.
It seems there are some empty spaces in terminal A somewhere.
People going to E would be driven by limo to E.
People flying from A/B (i.e. HON on intra-europ. travel) can use FCL A.
More info about this during 2016.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Feb 2, 2016 at 3:22 am
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Interestingly enough, the new lounges obviously haven't contributed to relieving the A lounges. Both A lounges (C and SEN) are completely packed right now (even more so than usual), and the queues at the receptions were long enough to overflow into the public area.

However, the SEN lounge is now serving mousse au chocolat, dried fruit and fruit salad in Weck pots..
Old Feb 20, 2016, 2:55 am

Priority Pass?

Does the new LX E lounge accept Priority Pass?
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by f4free
Does the new LX E lounge accept Priority Pass?
It's not listed as accessible in Priority Pass' app. The only LX lounges which appear are the A and D ones at the moment.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: MM FTL
I will be flying MXP via ZRH to Miami in april, F class. MXP flights ofter arrive at a remote stand. will I be taken by van/limo directly to terminal E and the new F lounge ? or will they still take me to the F lounge in the main terminal and then by limo to terminal E ?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Charly61
I will be flying MXP via ZRH to Miami in april, F class. MXP flights ofter arrive at a remote stand. will I be taken by van/limo directly to terminal E and the new F lounge ? or will they still take me to the F lounge in the main terminal and then by limo to terminal E ?
As immigration is in Terminal A, you'll be taken there. If you don't want to take the Heidi train but rather the "private" transfer over to E in a van, you'll have to go to the A lounge, let them know about it, go downstairs (via immigration), take the van to E, get upstairs into the lounge.

If you want to maximize your time in the E lounge, probably faster to head straight for the E gates via the Heidi train rather than via the A lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Charly61
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
As immigration is in Terminal A, you'll be taken there. If you don't want to take the Heidi train but rather the "private" transfer over to E in a van, you'll have to go to the A lounge, let them know about it, go downstairs (via immigration), take the van to E, get upstairs into the lounge.

If you want to maximize your time in the E lounge, probably faster to head straight for the E gates via the Heidi train rather than via the A lounge.
Have they started picking up connecting F pax from a remote stand? I thought it only applied to pax to/from GVA.

If the OP does get picked up it makes more sense if they took him to passport control inside the door where you get into the van/limo to E rather than to the FCL A. This was what happened when I had a direct transfer from Schengen to a non-Schengen flight a few years ago, although the driver nearly forgot to take me there.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Have they started picking up connecting F pax from a remote stand? I thought it only applied to pax to/from GVA.

If the OP does get picked up it makes more sense if they took him to passport control inside the door where you get into the van/limo to E rather than to the FCL A. This was what happened when I had a direct transfer from Schengen to a non-Schengen flight a few years ago, although the driver nearly forgot to take me there.
I assumed he meant the Swiss Business class van that brings people from remote stands booked in C to Terminal A arrivals
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I assumed he meant the Swiss Business class van that brings people from remote stands booked in C to Terminal A arrivals
Ah, the exclusive Business Class bus!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: MM FTL
I meant the "exclusive business class bus" :-) taking me to the passport control downstairs the FCL A and then directly on to terminal E would make sense. if no other pax are in the same bus
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:19 am

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

When arriving with the business class bus at A, first take the elevator up to FCL A. There they will arrange the transfer to E.
Your driver will then bring you downstairs to the passport control and drive you to E by van/limo.
Don't go to the dedicated passport control by your own.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.