Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Sep 22, 08, 6:19 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Originally Posted by szg View Post
Is there really Sprüngli opposite of the LX lounge entrance ? I thought there is a Kiosk.
There is for sure a kiosk. But I thought there's a Sprüngli as well somewhere close no?
Old Sep 22, 08, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by AirBuffalo View Post
ZRH is a little odd for *Gs because i'm never sure if i'm entitled to use the Business/First security lines or not. I've flashed the card once or twice when running late and the attendents were something between confused and embarassed. The let me go but i don't know if that was the rule, or just Swiss politeness and non-confrontationalism!
Not that i've been thru ZRH often, but i've flashed my *G card and have been allowed to use the first/biz security lines, which was great cos there was no-one in line and the economy line was huge! That being said, i just lined up and flashed my card, rather than asking if i was allowed to use it.

goodo
Old Sep 23, 08, 1:54 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
There is for sure a kiosk. But I thought there's a Sprüngli as well somewhere close no?
Yes, Sprüngli is close, but not opposite !!
Old Sep 24, 08, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
It's pretty much the same location yes. Both the SEN (well the SEN lounge is new) and F lounges have been renovated in the meantime. To access the SEN lounge you can use the standard LX lounge entrance opposite Sprüngli.
Thanks so with a J class BP and my BMI Gold card I will have no issues getting in?
Old Sep 25, 08, 4:25 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
Thanks so with a J class BP and my BMI Gold card I will have no issues getting in?
Yes, *G opens the SEN lounge at ZRH, even if you are flying in Y.
Old Oct 8, 08, 9:28 am

Lounges in ZRH

Hi everyone:

I have a quick question I was hoping you can answer. I'm flying ZRH-YUL on LX on Monday and was wondering which lounge(s) I have access to departing from ZRH. Can I use both the Star Alliance Lounge and the Swiss Business Lounge. I should mention that I'm coming in on a connection from VIE.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 8, 08, 9:41 am

Programs: LH/LX
Both, but only if you are flying Biz or have status (*G or FTL).
Old Dec 20, 08, 7:13 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Hello

Would appreciate your help on this question. How are the internet connections in the LX Business Lounge or LH Business Lounge. I would assume that there are free to use computers with internet. But how about WIFI? Do they hand out free vouchers? If not, what is the cost of WIFI internet?

Thanks for your help

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Dec 20, 08, 11:17 am

Programs: LH
Thumbs down LH lounge

The LH lounge staff got their termination of their contracts now, therefore ending March 2009.
Swissport will take the lounge over.
So, the best alternative to the FCL will be taken over by an outsource partner.
A black day for M&M customers in Zurich.
Old Dec 22, 08, 11:33 am

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by aquaguy View Post
Hello

Would appreciate your help on this question. How are the internet connections in the LX Business Lounge or LH Business Lounge. I would assume that there are free to use computers with internet. But how about WIFI? Do they hand out free vouchers? If not, what is the cost of WIFI internet?

Thanks for your help

Cheers
aquaguy
Just ask for the voucher at the entrance (only at the LX Business Lounge). LH is working with T-Mobile like in Germany, so you have to pay there.
Old Dec 22, 08, 12:23 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Originally Posted by Bembel-Terrorist View Post
Just ask for the voucher at the entrance (only at the LX Business Lounge). LH is working with T-Mobile like in Germany, so you have to pay there.
Thanks a million, will follow your advice.

cheers
aquaguy
Old Jan 6, 09, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bochis View Post
Hi everyone:

I have a quick question I was hoping you can answer. I'm flying ZRH-YUL on LX on Monday and was wondering which lounge(s) I have access to departing from ZRH. Can I use both the Star Alliance Lounge and the Swiss Business Lounge. I should mention that I'm coming in on a connection from VIE.

Many thanks.
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Both, but only if you are flying Biz or have status (*G or FTL).
I will be flying ZRH-YUL with a business seat, so I should have access to both of these lounges, correct? Any reccomendation on which to go to? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 7, 09, 7:03 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by Grape View Post
I will be flying ZRH-YUL with a business seat, so I should have access to both of these lounges, correct?
Correct.

Recommendation: Go to the LH Lounge, but be aware that it will be transformed into a LX lounge somewhen during spring. More to be found in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ounge-zrh.html
Old Jan 16, 09, 1:43 am

Transit at ZRH

I will be transiting in ZRH next month (JNB-ZRH-TLV on Swiss). I am scheduled to have about 3.5 hours on the ground. I have a Priority Pass which seems to allow access into the Swiss arrivals lounge.

Presumably I would have to clear immigration and customs to use the arrivals lounge. Would I have enough time and is it worth it? Or should I just remain in transit and go to the Swiss departures lounge (which PP also seems to give access to)?
Old Jan 16, 09, 2:24 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
It is my understanding that the Arrivals Lounge was no longer accessible via PP - but I might be mistaken. In any case 3.5h would be enough time if you have the proper documentation to enter Switzerland.

But the Swiss airside lounge also has showers, so you might as well go there. Food is about the same in the mornings.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: