Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm booked on Swiss for my first time this year, flying ZRH-FRA on Christmas Day at 7 AM in Business. Will the lounge have reduced hours due to the Holiday?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:57 pm

It will be open as usual, which means opening at 5.45, so you get some minutes to grab a "Gipfeli" and coffee. Not much more on offer anyway

Also, you'll get a small breakfast on the airplane, but that's about it. It's a short hop after all.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
It will be open as usual, which means opening at 5.45, so you get some minutes to grab a "Gipfeli" and coffee. Not much more on offer anyway

Also, you'll get a small breakfast on the airplane, but that's about it. It's a short hop after all.
Thank you I appreciate the quick answer and the advice. I'll have a couple hours in FRA before going onto VNO so I should be able to grab another snack in FRA and get (hopefully) a larger meal on the second plane.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
The carpet in the upper floor should be changed without delay as it is in a terrible condition, with big holes in front of the sofas.
I visited the Sen lounge(A) in the evening, a few days ago, and there were very few passengers so it was very noticeable.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I am *G (UA Mileage Plus) flying EWR-ZRH on UA BusinessFirst. I have a 10 hour layover in ZRH and have a connecting flight on LH Business Class.

I would like to take a shower and then store my bags somewhere and go into the city for part of the day.

I know Swiss SEN/BUS lounges are available as a connecting passenger, but I have often found shower waits as long as 2 hours in the early morning in Terminal A lounges.

Will there be any problem using the Swiss Arrivals lounge arriving on UA BusinessFirst?

UA website says it is available to UA BusinessFirst passengers:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...nal_first.aspx
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The Arrival Lounge is definitely recommended. They have 20 showers and a very nice selection of breakfast. SWISS Lurker confirmed in February 2014 that First and Business Class passengers arriving on United flights have access to the SWISS Arrival Lounge.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...al-lounge.html
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Time traveller
and then store my bags somewhere and go into the city for part of the day.
By the way, you will find luggage storage facilities on your way from the terminal to the railway station. Upon leaving the lounge, go upstairs to check-in area 2 and go through the walkway over the arrival pickup lanes directly across from the upper level of the lounge. Upon leaving the walkway, the luggage storage service is located on your left hand side.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: LH SEN
I am struggling to find actual information about Edelweiss and SEN-Benefits. Especially lounge access and luggage benefits.

I have a Edelweiss flight coming up (booked on their website with WK number, but it seems to be Swiss metal). Do I get, as a Senator, lounge access in Zurich? More luggage?

Thanks for your answers or links that point me to updatd information
W
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:01 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Wombelero
I am struggling to find actual information about Edelweiss and SEN-Benefits. Especially lounge access and luggage benefits.

I have a Edelweiss flight coming up (booked on their website with WK number, but it seems to be Swiss metal). Do I get, as a Senator, lounge access in Zurich? More luggage?

Thanks for your answers or links that point me to updatd information
W
Edelweiss can be a pain, especially departing from EDI with no priority check in and no lounge access even flying C. If sold on an LX ticket and flight number it is even a denial of promised services.

They are NOT *alliance, but as a SEN you will have lounge access at least at ZRH and also priority check in. Note that you will get no status miles for that flight.

What is even more weird is when LX flies for WK . I will avoid them in the future except if extremely convenient. It's a charter airline marketed under LX flight numbers when it is convenient for them to show an even bigger network.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by bruce80
By the way, you will find luggage storage facilities on your way from the terminal to the railway station. Upon leaving the lounge, go upstairs to check-in area 2 and go through the walkway over the arrival pickup lanes directly across from the upper level of the lounge. Upon leaving the walkway, the luggage storage service is located on your left hand side.
Thank you for this helpful information.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:24 pm

The train tickets from the airport and the City are paid by cash, coins or credit card, at the kiosks, counters or in some other way. What is the price for a return ticket.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
The train tickets from the airport and the City are paid by cash, coins or credit card, at the kiosks, counters or in some other way. What is the price for a return ticket.
Counters or machine. Machines are multilingual, counter staff speak good English. Cash and credit card both OK.

Zurich transport is based on Zones. You need 3 zones (central Zurich counts twice) and a return costs the same as a day pass: 13.20 Fr.

https://www.stadt-zuerich.ch/vbz/de/...elbillett.html
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:16 am

You might also be interested in a ZürichCARD, especially if you're having a full day to spend in Zurich. Advantages over a regular 24hrs ticket are:

-Valid for travel around the city too (not just city+airport), especially important: Cable car ride to mount Felsenegg, and up to Uetliberg (city hill) - neither which is included with the regular zone 110+121 ticket

-Valid for the "short cruise" on lake Zurich.

-Lots of discounts or free entry to museums. For example, if you plan to visit the Landesmuseum (the "castle" next to Zurich HB) alone, the ZurichCard will be cheaper than a regular ticket+entry fee!

-Cheap "upgrade" to travel within the whole Kanton of Zurich possible (needs just 4 extra zones) - for example for visiting the Rheinfall near Schaffhausen, the city of Winterthur, having a full size boat cruise on Lake Zurich, visiting the dinosaur Museum in Aathal, the city of Rapperswil..

https://www.zuerich.com/de/besuchen/staedtepass

https://www.stadt-zuerich.ch/vbz/de/...rich_card.html

24 CHF for 24hrs, 48 CHF for 72hrs (if you stay for 3 days in Zurich, it's not much more expensive than 3 24-hrs tickets)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
Cash and credit card both OK.
I recommend paying cash, as the ticket machines will always charge your CC in your home currency (DCC) without an option to select CHF (at least I haven't found this option yet). Not sure whether this only applies to SBB machines (found at the airport) or also to the ZVV machines found at tram and bus stops. However, the latter will only accept card payments and coins, no bills (the slot is used to stamp your multi-trip ticket).
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by bruce80
I recommend paying cash, as the ticket machines will always charge your CC in your home currency (DCC) without an option to select CHF (at least I haven't found this option yet). Not sure whether this only applies to SBB machines (found at the airport) or also to the ZVV machines found at tram and bus stops. However, the latter will only accept card payments and coins, no bills (the slot is used to stamp your multi-trip ticket).
Charges in home currency is not desirable, are exchange rates bad is that what you are saying? If it is charged in CHF, the card issuer will exchange that also on the statement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.