Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Mar 28, 15, 11:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
Police in SWISS Senator lounge

I was in SWISS Senator Lounge in Zurich airport near A gates on Friday (27/Mar/2015) evening. There was suddenly a search and restricted zoning, with which the lounge users in the affected region were asked to evacuate the area by police.

Anyone knows what is going on? I am not a cat so curiosity won't kill me. :-)
Old Apr 19, 15, 9:56 am

Programs: AC E50K
Overnight Layover in Zurich - Lounge Access

I have a flight which gets into Zurich in the late afternoon and then a flight to Montreal which leaves at noon the next day. I intend to get a hotel next to the airport, but would like to know if I would be allowed to access the business class lounge when my flight into Zurich lands to grab a quick bite to eat.

Btw both tickets are in business class.
Old Apr 19, 15, 10:45 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
The official answer is no - you need a boarding pass for a same day departure to access the Business lounge. And in the late afternoon, the Arrivals lounge will be closed.

Nothing will stop you from trying, just don't be disappointed or feel "entitled" if you are being turned away.
Old Apr 19, 15, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
The official answer is no - you need a boarding pass for a same day departure to access the Business lounge. And in the late afternoon, the Arrivals lounge will be closed.

Nothing will stop you from trying, just don't be disappointed or feel "entitled" if you are being turned away.
I would definitely try. While the official rule might still be same-day only, I have first hand experience that entry was granted. Given at airports which are 24hrs in operation, the rule basically is "you've a legal connection within 24hrs, you are allowed into the lounge" it's more like a technically that doesn't allow by the hard facts. But as said, the "lounge dragons" do know there are a lot of such overnight connections on Swiss, and as long as you're friendly, there is a very good chance you'll be granted entry.
Old Apr 22, 15, 8:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
They now have a new coffee machine (at the buffet between the computer workstations and the dining area) in the concourse A business class lounge, along with two flavours of Monin bar syrup next to them. I cannot comment on the quality of the new machine, but the one at the other buffet remains unchanged, as well as the three machines in the SEN lounge.

Also, the business class lounge has new glasses (slightly more stylish than the older ones) which are not (yet) available in the SEN lounge.
Old May 18, 15, 7:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium Elite, Priority Club Gold, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold
Are there any lounge options other than the Panorama Lounge in E for someone that is departing from the E gate? I've been reading in this thread about several people's adventuresome tactics but I usually connect in FRA so this is my layover first ZRH experience going from Schengen to Non-Schengen.

I'm flying TP 923 LIS-ZRH (unknown gate - assuming A or B but cannot seem to confirm from any previous arrivals) connecting to LX038 (which will depart from E).

I'm StarGold but also in C class - connecting time is just over 2hrs, so I'm not sure if a non-E gate option would be feasible.

I'm assuming that due to passport control and security I should just deal with the Panorama lounge and not worry about going to "greener pastures" in the Senators lounge.

Thanks in advance for any input

Last edited by mugatu; May 18, 15 at 7:46 am Reason: bad typing brain farts today
Old May 18, 15, 8:45 am

Unless you fly Emirates (which have a great lounge beating everything including the LX F) there is no othe4 choice than the Panorama lounge. Since they banned FTL from accessing it, its slightly less full (think 110% instead of 140%) but still a rather miserable place. I usually time departure from the (not really better) SEN A to arrive just at boarding time at E Gates. In case of delay, a quick visit is ok though.. eventually LX will open their own E gate lounge, however I guess it wont be much better.. lounge situation in ZRH remains rather bad..
Old May 18, 15, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium Elite, Priority Club Gold, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold
Many thanks for your prompt reply, I appreciate it.
Looking forward to the disaster of the Panorama lounge.
Old May 21, 15, 1:16 pm

As a warning:Limoncello has been enhanced from the Longest Bar as of May2015.. LX getting cheaper every day..
Old Jun 19, 15, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by mugatu View Post
Many thanks for your prompt reply, I appreciate it.
Looking forward to the disaster of the Panorama lounge.
Hi all, if we connect non-schengen to non-Schengen at ZRH (same day) Terminal E, then there are no shower options at ZRH right?

Is there a shower option elsewhere for Star Gold doing the above connection?

(e.g., if you exit passport control and enter switzerland briefly)
Old Jun 19, 15, 12:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ft4lyf View Post
Hi all, if we connect non-schengen to non-Schengen at ZRH (same day) Terminal E, then there are no shower options at ZRH right?

Is there a shower option elsewhere for Star Gold doing the above connection?

(e.g., if you exit passport control and enter switzerland briefly)
There is a shower on the way to the SEN lounge in D (non-Schengen) which is outside the lounge and unmarked but I have read a report by someone who was able to use it. The report must be somewhere in this forum. You will have to ask for a key in the SEN lounge.

Even if you are connecting from E to E you can go to the SEN lounge in D without going through passport control.
Old Jun 19, 15, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
There is a shower on the way to the SEN lounge in D (non-Schengen) which is outside the lounge and unmarked but I have read a report by someone who was able to use it. The report must be somewhere in this forum. You will have to ask for a key in the SEN lounge.

Even if you are connecting from E to E you can go to the SEN lounge in D without going through passport control.
Very useful!
Did not realize that one could possibly get a shower even connecting E-to-E at ZRH. (without passport control).
Old Jun 19, 15, 1:34 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ft4lyf View Post
Very useful!
Did not realize that one could possibly get a shower even connecting E-to-E at ZRH. (without passport control).
Here is the report with photos I was referring to. Contrary to the report there is now a small sign outside the shower room.
Old Jun 19, 15, 2:09 pm

If you're allowed to enter Schengen/Switzerland, I would strongly suggest to go to the main LX lounge in Terminal A. The showers there have been renovated, and are now pretty good choice (not as good as the arrival lounge, but thats strictly LX C/M&M Elite only) and I would prefer it to the "ominious" single shower in D - if that one has people queuing for it, you're for a long wait..

Immigration in ZRH rarely if ever has bad queues, if you're used to US-American immigration for foreigners, don't worry, ZRH is nothing like that.
Old Jun 19, 15, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Here is the report with photos I was referring to. Contrary to the report there is now a small sign outside the shower room.
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
If you're allowed to enter Schengen/Switzerland, I would strongly suggest to go to the main LX lounge in Terminal A. The showers there have been renovated, and are now pretty good choice (not as good as the arrival lounge, but thats strictly LX C/M&M Elite only) and I would prefer it to the "ominious" single shower in D - if that one has people queuing for it, you're for a long wait..

Immigration in ZRH rarely if ever has bad queues, if you're used to US-American immigration for foreigners, don't worry, ZRH is nothing like that.
^^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: