Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jan 11, 15, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
The only lounge you want to visit will be the First Class lounge.

Go towards the E Gates as late as possible (let them drive you over - if they insist on driving you (too) early, you might prefer to take the Heidi train) - I would say ask them not to leave the lounge before 10pm.

Otherwise, you'll be in the E Gates to wait without a proper lounge option (Panorama lounge is more like a Zoo for the late evening departures)
Hi YuropFlyer, thanks for that. Will I have any issues getting to or finding the F lounge after getting off the VIE flight? I'd hate to go too far through passport control or whatever then find I can't get back to the lounge.
Old Jan 12, 15, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by edmm View Post
Hi YuropFlyer, thanks for that. Will I have any issues getting to or finding the F lounge after getting off the VIE flight? I'd hate to go too far through passport control or whatever then find I can't get back to the lounge.
You'll arrive either at an A Gate (then follow towards A Gates, First class lounge - not too difficult) or a Bus gate (some procedure) in A area.

Since VIE-ZRH is an intra Schengen flight, you're arriving domestic, ie inside Switzerland. Passport check is done when you exit the domestic Schengen area, when you're leaving for Terminal E.

So, no passport check for you till around 10pm, when you're on your way to E (either by the train, or the car service for F pax, which is imho quite "hyped" in ZRH - you can do very well without it, if it means waiting 20 minutes longer in the FCL instead of in Terminal E. The train service takes 2 minutes, and is rather empty around 10pm already - everyone is waiting in overcrowded E by then..)
Old Jan 18, 15, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
There will be 3 of us flying from CDG-SIN via ZRH. Arriving into ZRH at 755pm.
2 of us are Star Gold and one is not. I recall 2 year ago we went to a great lounge in ZRH on an upper floor which had a nice spread of food and shower facilities, does anyone know which lounge that would be. All 3 travelling in Y. But 2 years ago we were both upgraded to J as oversell in Y.
Old Jan 18, 15, 5:17 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
There will be 3 of us flying from CDG-SIN via ZRH. Arriving into ZRH at 755pm.
2 of us are Star Gold and one is not. I recall 2 year ago we went to a great lounge in ZRH on an upper floor which had a nice spread of food and shower facilities, does anyone know which lounge that would be. All 3 travelling in Y. But 2 years ago we were both upgraded to J as oversell in Y.
It sounds like the Senator Lounge in A. It depends on your expectation but I wouldn't describe the food on offer as a nice spread.
Old Jan 18, 15, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
It sounds like the Senator Lounge in A. It depends on your expectation but I wouldn't describe the food on offer as a nice spread.
Has there been changes lately? If I recall we has some beef dish etc.
Old Jan 19, 15, 1:50 am

Has there been changes lately? If I recall we has some beef dish etc.
No, it hasn't changed at all. There is only one "nice" *A lounge with good food, the First Class lounge. All others are offering mediocre to terrible food. (2 dishes in the SEN, 1 dish in the Business lounges, about 5-6 dishes total, changed daily)

They're better than starving, but that's about all of them. Even the (slightly) less mediocre food in the German SEN lounges are better than them (unless you happen to be at MUC at like 10.30am, and there is no food at all )
Old Jan 19, 15, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it hasn't changed at all. There is only one "nice" *A lounge with good food, the First Class lounge. All others are offering mediocre to terrible food. (2 dishes in the SEN, 1 dish in the Business lounges, about 5-6 dishes total, changed daily)

They're better than starving, but that's about all of them. Even the (slightly) less mediocre food in the German SEN lounges are better than them (unless you happen to be at MUC at like 10.30am, and there is no food at all )
Ok thanks guys, I guess, we'll see what happens, so we'll stick to the A lounge get a shower and something to eat if edible before the SIN flight. Hopefully the flight to SIN is not too far from the lounge.
Old Jan 19, 15, 10:38 am

Ok thanks guys, I guess, we'll see what happens, so we'll stick to the A lounge get a shower and something to eat if edible before the SIN flight. Hopefully the flight to SIN is not too far from the lounge.
It takes about 10-15 minutes (incl a train ride) to get from Gate A to Gate E..
Old Jan 25, 15, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
unless you happen to be at MUC at like 10.30am, and there is no food at all
Well, there are food-less times in ZRH, too.. while I originally recall that breakfast (croissants, bread, yoghurt, sometimes müesli, cereals, several kinds of jam/honey/nutella, definitely the best meal in ZRH C/SEN lounges) will be replaced by "lunch" at 11am, they disassembled the breakfast selection at 10:30am when I was there last time, so there was half an hour without any food (except for the omnipresent soups with Backerbsen) before lunch was served (two dishes and a selection of quite strange salads). In the afternoon (don't know the exact times), you'll usually find a small selection of sandwiches (the same small rolls they use on their planes with cheese, bacon or salami), some (dry) cake, a dessert (most often less than mediocre mousse au chocolat) and olives/pickled cucumbers. At 5pm, they'll replace the cake by a single hot dish, usually some kind of pasta or, at times, nasi goreng. Like I said, watery soups (choice of two, usually velouté [tomato, curry, cabbage...] and vegetable broth, all made of instant powder) are usually available all day round.
Old Feb 20, 15, 8:38 pm

I will be arriving in SQ Suite (SIN to ZRH) before connecting to AMS in LX J class.

There will be an almost 10 hrs' layover, I don't think I will have access to arrival lounge (no status with LH & LX) but will Priority Pass gets me somewhere?

Would welcome some advice, thank you!
Old Feb 20, 15, 9:34 pm

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

The business class lounge in A accepts Priority Pass. So you will already be at the right dock as flights for AMS leave from A/B.
Old Feb 24, 15, 3:43 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PetzLUX View Post
The business class lounge in A accepts Priority Pass. So you will already be at the right dock as flights for AMS leave from A/B.
You don't need PP for the business class lounge though, as your connection was in J anyway.
Old Feb 25, 15, 8:21 am

I know that I would get access to Business Lounge for departure, but my question is more on the arrival, as I plan to have a shower before heading to the city during the 10 hrs layover.
Old Feb 25, 15, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by PoochieLaGrande View Post
I know that I would get access to Business Lounge for departure, but my question is more on the arrival, as I plan to have a shower before heading to the city during the 10 hrs layover.
You can use the Business class lounge (Main LX lounge in A) for taking a shower, please note that this means one extra security check on arrivals (vs. no security check when heading straight to Zürich). Arrival lounge isn't for SQ customers (no matter which class) without M&M status.

In case you can't check through your luggage to AMS, you might have to retrieve it from Lost&Found as they'll remove it from the carousel after a while.
Old Feb 28, 15, 6:38 am

I am flying Y class ORD-ZRH-BCN with a 9 hour layover in ZRH. I have a question about lounge access during my layover. I am flying LX metal and have *A Gold (through UA). Which lounges can I access in ZRH? Ideally I'd like to shower once I arrive and then head into the city for the remainder of my layover.

My luggage will be checked through already, so that's no problem. I've been to Zurich once before in the summer, so I don't know as much winter stuff to do with a 9 hour window? I leave tonight, so this is for tomorrow (Sunday) during the day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: