Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Nov 13, 14, 9:10 am
  #811  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 132
NewbieRunner and other volunteers,

Thanks for all your detailed replies, here and in the main LH forum.

As I noted two days ago in the LH forum, we are traveling in 12 days MIA-ZRH-FRA-BLR in business class. MIA-ZRH is by SWISS, and the Zurich-FRA-BLR is by Lufthansa.

I had asked about distances in FRA, but I guess this is the right place to ask about distances in Zurich. I had knee surgery three weeks ago and I am recovering, but cannot walk fast and it is difficult to walk more than 500 meters or so.

1. How far (in approximate meters) from where LH 2667 (MIA-ZRH) lands to where LH 1185 (ZRH-FRA) boards?

2. Who is responsible, SWISS or LH, if I request for special assistance in Zurich? Also, If I pay for the special assistance (75 euros) from Lufthansa, does it cover only services at Frankfurt or does it include service at Zurich also?

3. What would be the best lounge option that is near where LH 1185 boards (I assume it would be in Terminal D at Zurich)?

Thank you.
raghu is offline  
Old Nov 14, 14, 7:21 am
  #812  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GVA
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 491
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
NewbieRunner and other volunteers,

Thanks for all your detailed replies, here and in the main LH forum.

As I noted two days ago in the LH forum, we are traveling in 12 days MIA-ZRH-FRA-BLR in business class. MIA-ZRH is by SWISS, and the Zurich-FRA-BLR is by Lufthansa.

I had asked about distances in FRA, but I guess this is the right place to ask about distances in Zurich. I had knee surgery three weeks ago and I am recovering, but cannot walk fast and it is difficult to walk more than 500 meters or so.

1. How far (in approximate meters) from where LH 2667 (MIA-ZRH) lands to where LH 1185 (ZRH-FRA) boards?

2. Who is responsible, SWISS or LH, if I request for special assistance in Zurich? Also, If I pay for the special assistance (75 euros) from Lufthansa, does it cover only services at Frankfurt or does it include service at Zurich also?

3. What would be the best lounge option that is near where LH 1185 boards (I assume it would be in Terminal D at Zurich)?

Thank you.
ad 1. Flights from the US arrive/depart from Terminal E. Depending on your arrival gate I would estimate a 200-400m walk, then down the elevators/escalator to the shuttle train to the main Terminal. There you take the elevators up, go through passport control and then probably 150-200m to the C or SEN lounge in Terminal A. Depending on the gate where your flight to FRA leaves, it will be another 200-600m to your departure gate.
While much smaller than FRA, ZRH is still a big airport.
Here is a map:
http://www.flughafen-zuerich.ch/~/me...ation_0313.pdf

ad 2. I guess Swiss is responsible and that you will need to book it extra in ZRH.

ad 3. The lounge in Terminal A may be more convenient. At least on my flights, ZRH-FRA always departed from A.
Viennafly is offline  
Old Nov 17, 14, 4:49 pm
  #813  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: southUSA
Posts: 351
LX J ZRH layover Napping

Arriving ZRH at 11:00am

Departing to MUC 3:35pm.

I am *G and flying J. I would like to get a bit of rest. Any suggestions for napping in any of the lounges?

Arrivals lounge have beds or do any of the Senator lounges have beds?

Thanks
michaelpowell44 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 14, 3:47 am
  #814  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EDKA, STR, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Posts: 964
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44 View Post
Arrivals lounge have beds or do any of the Senator lounges have beds?
Not sure about the arrivals lounge (however, it will close at 1pm anyway), but the SEN lounges don't have anything that would be suitable for napping. Additionally, they are usually quite crowded (and thus, noisy).
bruce80 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 14, 4:17 am
  #815  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,876
Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
Not sure about the arrivals lounge (however, it will close at 1pm anyway), but the SEN lounges don't have anything that would be suitable for napping. Additionally, they are usually quite crowded (and thus, noisy).
They're usually only crowded during the morning, midday and evening "waves".

So in the case of the original question, I would definitely head for the Arrivals lounge - they have a few sleeping/relaxing seats as well as a few rooms to relax (first comes first serve, but the seats I've never seen occupied) where he could doze till 1pm, then heading to the SEN lounge (which will not be full by then) to spend the rest of it's waiting time.
YuropFlyer is online now  
Old Nov 18, 14, 9:13 am
  #816  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,418
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
2. Who is responsible, SWISS or LH, if I request for special assistance in Zurich? Also, If I pay for the special assistance (75 euros) from Lufthansa, does it cover only services at Frankfurt or does it include service at Zurich also?
Assistance for passengers with reduced mobility is provided free of charge by Zurich Airport/Careport AG. I suggest you check this page and contact them directly.

http://www.zurich-airport.com/passen...duced-mobility

http://www.zurich-airport.com/~/medi...yer_PRM_en.pdf

3. What would be the best lounge option that is near where LH 1185 boards (I assume it would be in Terminal D at Zurich)?
Flights to FRA depart from A gates. There is a Business/SEN lounge in A.
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Nov 18, 14, 11:22 am
  #817  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EDKA, STR, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Posts: 964
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Flights to FRA depart from A gates. There is a Business/SEN lounge in A.
For reference, we should add that only the lower level of the SEN lounge A, the entire business class lounge A, the smoking area, the FCL and the D lounges are fully accessible (by elevators). In order to get to the (more spacious) upper level of the A SEN lounge (where the food buffet is located), guests will have to use stairs or ask a member of staff to let them in through the business class lounge.
bruce80 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 14, 5:00 am
  #818  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Posts: 1,877
Lightbulb Solution for the crowded Senator lounge at the airside center

My wish to LX in 2015 :

STOP that smoking madness in the "world's longest airline lounge bar". No airport in any civilized country has such a HUGE smoking section in a lounge.

Or is this not possible because of the Davidoff sponsoring ? I pity the poor souls working at that smoke infested bar. It is a disgrace and a shame for Switzerland.

A smoke free lounge with that perfect view would just be a bonus and avoid overcrowding.

Switzerland is often late, but eventually the smoke free airport will come as will the overdue EU membership .
behuman is online now  
Old Dec 15, 14, 9:14 am
  #819  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: homeless 2.0
Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Posts: 1,065
Originally Posted by behuman View Post
Switzerland is often late, but eventually the smoke free airport will come as will the overdue EU membership .
Haha the swiss in the EU and moving forward good joke. But yes otherwise it would be good for the lounge and for Europe too.

And this reminded me of another (more serious) joke.

kanor is offline  
Old Dec 16, 14, 4:24 am
  #820  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Posts: 869
I'll be transitting through ZRH soon on my way to LHR. I am *G with Turkish and my card has recently expired and the new card has not arrived. Do you think a print out of my account page showing my *G status will be sufficient for the lounge dragon to let me in?
MarkLHR is offline  
Old Dec 26, 14, 3:12 pm
  #821  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LAX
Posts: 950
ZRH LX F Lounge access to arriving LH F ?

Hi - will I be considered LH F (and therefore access to LX First Lounge in ZRH) on the following itinerary ?

LAX-FRA LH F
connecting on a separate ticket, same day
FRA-ZRH-CPH LX J

I remember being in ZRH two years ago and the rules were very strict for my connection from SQ F to LH J ( iirc) .

Thank you!
maxmin is offline  
Old Dec 26, 14, 8:06 pm
  #822  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Posts: 1,018
Usually every year travel F on LX SFO-ZRH on upgrade and then ZRH-TLV on LX in C -Always allowed to use the F lounge at ZRH as an arrivals lounge then later that night as a departure lounge with car service to E terminal because arrived on LX F
cbourl is offline  
Old Dec 26, 14, 8:17 pm
  #823  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: TK Gold
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by MarkLHR View Post
I'll be transitting through ZRH soon on my way to LHR. I am *G with Turkish and my card has recently expired and the new card has not arrived. Do you think a print out of my account page showing my *G status will be sufficient for the lounge dragon to let me in?
You do not need to bring anything. Your *G status will be printed on your boarding pass (assuming you are accruing points on that ZRH-LHR flight to your M&S account.) and you will be allowed into the lounge by showing / scanning you BP.

I am a *G member of TK M&S and I have done this many times (including at ZRH). My only problem was in a contracted lounge in Milano (LIN) and they wanted my membership number and expiry date
sydunipete is offline  
Old Jan 11, 15, 12:52 pm
  #824  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Programs: NZ GE, QF
Posts: 276
Off to Europe next month with the return journey partly on Swiss. Could I please have some advice on lounges in Zurich, as it is hard to know from the websites what is available in the different areas of the airport.
I will be flying VIE-ZRH in C then ZRH-SIN in F (then home from there in F on Singapore). What is my best lounge option in Zurich?
Thanks.
edmm is offline  
Old Jan 11, 15, 1:09 pm
  #825  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,876
Originally Posted by edmm View Post
Off to Europe next month with the return journey partly on Swiss. Could I please have some advice on lounges in Zurich, as it is hard to know from the websites what is available in the different areas of the airport.
I will be flying VIE-ZRH in C then ZRH-SIN in F (then home from there in F on Singapore). What is my best lounge option in Zurich?
Thanks.
The only lounge you want to visit will be the First Class lounge.

Go towards the E Gates as late as possible (let them drive you over - if they insist on driving you (too) early, you might prefer to take the Heidi train) - I would say ask them not to leave the lounge before 10pm.

Otherwise, you'll be in the E Gates to wait without a proper lounge option (Panorama lounge is more like a Zoo for the late evening departures)
YuropFlyer is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: