Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Aug 10, 14, 1:33 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
You're right about avoiding security, going back to A (passport check as you enter Schengen again), then going down towards E gates (and exiting Schengen) will cut the security check, but add 2x passport control as well as quite a bit of a longer treck, so one has to decide what he/she prefers. Didn't thought about it myself as the few times I actually went to the D lounge (when flying off E) for above mentioned reasons, I simply followed the signs which will obviously keep you in the Non-Schengen area, ie the direct way through the security check.

Which makes me to think that it's kind of weird. When D is considered clean, why do you have to go through that security check when going towards E directly, but not when first heading to Schengen?

Is this intentional, and if so, why? Anyone knows?
Bad design. Actually if you are going from the D to E, security is after you arrive in E (at least the last few times) and you cannot predict the length of the queue. Surely you'll have to walk a lot more going to the D Lounge on the way to E if you are starting in ZRH, than walking from D into A Schengen and out of Schengen at the other end.
Old Oct 5, 14, 1:56 pm

Programs: spg Gold for life / Ba gold / LX Sen / Hyatt Globalist
lounge from zurich airport and service

has anyone tried the vip service since they have a brand new lounge since last december ?
Old Oct 27, 14, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I'm a (UA Gold) *Gold and will be doing the following in a couple weeks on a single ticket:

IAD-ZRH on UA in Y, arriving 7:55 a.m.

ZRH-ARN on SK in Y, departing 7:25 p.m.

In between, I want to:

1. Take a shower
2. Leave the airport and head into Zurich for the day - if possible, leaving my carry-on bags at the airport.

I will not have checked bags.

I've never been to ZRH or Zurich before. What's the best way to accomplish this?
Old Oct 27, 14, 11:10 am

There are lockers for your bags near the train station at the airport.
Old Oct 27, 14, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX View Post
There are lockers for your bags near the train station at the airport.
Excellent! Thank you!

Does anybody have insight on the lounge/shower question?
Old Oct 27, 14, 12:16 pm

You might take a look at the thread "arrival lounge in Zurich options" on page 2.
I don't know about arrival lounge access on non-M&M in Y.
Old Oct 27, 14, 12:46 pm

You might take a look at the thread "arrival lounge in Zurich options" on page 2.
I don't know about arrival lounge access on non-M&M in Y.
They'll deny him access. It's for FTL/SEN/HON and pax in C/F only.

He can, however, use the showers in the Swiss Business lounge in the main terminal upon arrival. Not as fancy as those in the Arrival lounge, but they do their job. On arrival, go towards Gates A, not towards Exit. Then follow the signs for Swiss Business/SEN lounge. After showering (and probably having a breakfast, albeit a pretty basic one) there you can just follow the Exit signs from there.
Old Oct 27, 14, 1:07 pm

They'll deny him access. It's for FTL/SEN/HON and pax in C/F only.

He can, however, use the showers in the Swiss Business lounge in the main terminal upon arrival. Not as fancy as those in the Arrival lounge, but they do their job. On arrival, go towards Gates A, not towards Exit. Then follow the signs for Swiss Business/SEN lounge. After showering (and probably having a breakfast, albeit a pretty basic one) there you can just follow the Exit signs from there.
That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you so much!
Old Oct 27, 14, 1:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
After showering (and probably having a breakfast, albeit a pretty basic one) there you can just follow the Exit signs from there.
They should be prepared to pick up their baggage from the lost & found counter if showering/breakingfast will take more than just a few minutes
Old Oct 27, 14, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
They should be prepared to pick up their baggage from the lost & found counter if showering/breakingfast will take more than just a few minutes

"I will not have checked bags."
Old Nov 1, 14, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Sorry for having to ask but I tried to search but after a few minutes couldn't find anything.

I am flying Business NRT-ZRH-LHR on LX and will have 2:45 at ZRH. I know from my past transfer at ZRH that only the A wing has the Biz/Sen lounge with showers. I assume the flight to LHR isn't in the Schengen (A) zone given my past intra-EU flights to LHR, right? With that much time on one ticket and bags through I imagine there is enough time to clear immigration into A for the lounger/showers and then make it back to the LHR flight?
Old Nov 2, 14, 4:07 am

Your flight from NRT will normally arrive in E (sometimes some longhaul flights also arrive in D); your flight to LHR will normally depart from D.
2.45 h should be plenty of time to go to A, take a shower and head back to D.
Usually from E to A with security and immigration I need 15-20 min. max.
Old Nov 2, 14, 4:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
Sorry for having to ask but I tried to search but after a few minutes couldn't find anything.

I am flying Business NRT-ZRH-LHR on LX and will have 2:45 at ZRH. I know from my past transfer at ZRH that only the A wing has the Biz/Sen lounge with showers. I assume the flight to LHR isn't in the Schengen (A) zone given my past intra-EU flights to LHR, right? With that much time on one ticket and bags through I imagine there is enough time to clear immigration into A for the lounger/showers and then make it back to the LHR flight?
There is a shower outside the LX lounge (toilets are also outside the lounge) in D where LHR flights depart from. I haven't tried it but it might be another option.
Old Nov 2, 14, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Your flight from NRT will normally arrive in E (sometimes some longhaul flights also arrive in D); your flight to LHR will normally depart from D.
2.45 h should be plenty of time to go to A, take a shower and head back to D.
Usually from E to A with security and immigration I need 15-20 min. max.
Thank you, I was trying to find out the terminal info but when doing it last night in NY I could only find it for the following day in ZRH which wasn't showing up yet.
My last time transferring was EWR-ZRH-IST which all remained in Terminal E but it sounds like we'll be leaving that this time.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
There is a shower outside the LX lounge (toilets are also outside the lounge) in D where LHR flights depart from. I haven't tried it but it might be another option.
Seems like it is this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrc1GheamWY
Maybe being little known and not too busy in the afternoon it'll be okay. It's more for my Mother as she's traveling with me and I want to give her the chance to freshen up after the flight in.
Old Nov 2, 14, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
Thank you, I was trying to find out the terminal info but when doing it last night in NY I could only find it for the following day in ZRH which wasn't showing up yet.
My last time transferring was EWR-ZRH-IST which all remained in Terminal E but it sounds like we'll be leaving that this time.
I fly NRT-ZRH regularly and the flight always arrives in E.

Seems like it is this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrc1GheamWY
Maybe being little known and not too busy in the afternoon it'll be okay. It's more for my Mother as she's traveling with me and I want to give her the chance to freshen up after the flight in.
Yes, that's the one. I've never been inside but have seen the door and that's exactly where the shower room is. Not many people know about it so the chance of it being free is good.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: