Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old May 11, 14, 1:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LXA350 View Post
get rid of the pointless smoker bar and integrate the space as a non smoking area.
The smoking bar is only pointless if you are a non-smoker.
Old May 11, 14, 3:44 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
There are enough cages around the Terminal for the smokers to either before or after they used the lounge can go.

There are always only a couple of people up in the bar, hence in case the lounge needs to keep an area for smokers they could create as well a space with a small cage dedicating a fraction of the space they dedicate today for smokers
Old May 12, 14, 9:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by LXA350 View Post
There are always only a couple of people up in the bar, hence in case the lounge needs to keep an area for smokers they could create as well a space with a small cage dedicating a fraction of the space they dedicate today for smokers
+1

While I really enjoy the special atmosphere (and the more comfortable seats) in the bar, I also believe that it's quite a waste of space. They could easily seal off the part with the armchairs to the left of the C entrance by glass walls to have a smoking section (much like LH does, for example, in DUS), then remove the bar (or at least make it smaller, what's the point of having "the largest attended lounge bar in the world" when it's only staffed by a single person let alone the quality of the drinks served here) and use the space gained by this measure as an additional non-smoking seating area.
Old May 12, 14, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
+1

While I really enjoy the special atmosphere (and the more comfortable seats) in the bar, I also believe that it's quite a waste of space. They could easily seal off the part with the armchairs to the left of the C entrance by glass walls to have a smoking section (much like LH does, for example, in DUS), then remove the bar (or at least make it smaller, what's the point of having "the largest attended lounge bar in the world" when it's only staffed by a single person let alone the quality of the drinks served here) and use the space gained by this measure as an additional non-smoking seating area.
Good point. Actually, I don't mind the "smoking" part much - rarely if ever I get annoyed by the smoke (usually it's empty enough you can just sit away from any smoker, if there is any..)

I really think they should:

a) Make about 3/4 of the area smoke free. One edge can be a smokers lounge, or something like that, I wouldn't mind at all.

b) Improve the drinks/bar standards. LH can do it. (I really like the bar they've in the B area, and also the new one in A26 is pretty good)

Both measurements together would definitely bring a small but much needed additional space to the lounge.

Don't punish the smokers, just do improvements that both will benefit from
Old May 13, 14, 11:42 am

Not sure if this is the best thread...

I am originating in ZRH for a flight ZRH-FRA-LAX. I am departing in LH C and then LH F. It appears I get access to the FCL in ZRH (and then hoping to connect to the FCT in FRA for the first time!). Are the A gates at ZRH non-gate positions to get driven from FCL to the plane usually or is it a crap shoot?

Thanks for the help.
Old May 13, 14, 11:52 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by EliteLAX View Post

I am originating in ZRH for a flight ZRH-FRA-LAX. I am departing in LH C and then LH F. It appears I get access to the FCL in ZRH (and then hoping to connect to the FCT in FRA for the first time!). Are the A gates at ZRH non-gate positions to get driven from FCL to the plane usually or is it a crap shoot?

Thanks for the help.
Only some of the A gates are bus gates, A50-59 IIRC. The FRA flight will ususally be at a proper gate, meaning you will have a short walk from the lounge.
Old May 13, 14, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by EliteLAX View Post

Thanks for the help.
You only get driven to the E gates (and then, it's to the gates, not to "the" gate anyway) - FRA usually is a real gate position anyway.

edit: Thanks to PetzLUX, you're apparently driven to any remote position (usually AVROs) - for FRA, I've always had a gate position.

Last edited by YuropFlyer; May 13, 14 at 3:29 pm
Old May 13, 14, 2:33 pm

You will be driven to an apron position (gates A50-A59) out of the FCL in ZRH.

Last edited by PetzLUX; May 13, 14 at 2:45 pm
Old May 13, 14, 6:40 pm

Thanks all for the responses.
Old May 26, 14, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I'm planning to burn some UA miles on a one-way economy ZRH-CPH fare on a morning 7am flight on Swiss. I hold *A Gold through TK. What's the morning lounge situation like? I've never flown internally within Europe before.
Old May 26, 14, 11:11 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Isochronous View Post
I'm planning to burn some UA miles on a one-way economy ZRH-CPH fare on a morning 7am flight on Swiss. I hold *A Gold through TK. What's the morning lounge situation like? I've never flown internally within Europe before.
*G gives you access to Swiss SEN and Business lounge. Might be crowded
Old Jun 6, 14, 1:27 am

Programs: LH, EY, Marriott
Luckily, whiskey_sk and I didn't have to do a friendship test at the lounge entrance yesterday, but we were nevertheless politely informed by the lounge dragon that since we weren't on the same flight, and I was being sponsored into the SEN lounge, we'd have to leave the lounge at the same time. Another on-the-spot, unenforceable rule devoid of intelligence.
Old Jun 6, 14, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
You only get driven to the E gates (and then, it's to the gates, not to "the" gate anyway) - FRA usually is a real gate position anyway.

edit: Thanks to PetzLUX, you're apparently driven to any remote position (usually AVROs) - for FRA, I've always had a gate position.
Don't forget the Fokkers. Fokkers almost always get an apron position, and thus if you are lucky enough to be on board one you will be driven to the airplane.
Old Jun 12, 14, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Question First time through ZRH (LX business) best lounge?

Hi!

I'm flying LX Business TLV-ZRH-MAN. I am *A Gold. I have a 3 hour morning layover. Which lounges should I choose?

Thank you!
Old Jun 12, 14, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by In2ishn View Post
Hi!

I'm flying LX Business TLV-ZRH-MAN. I am *A Gold. I have a 3 hour morning layover. Which lounges should I choose?

Thank you!
If you're allowed to enter Schengen, then I would first use the arrival lounge landside for a shower and proper hot breakfast, then move to the Non-Schengen SEN lounge in Terminal D (after passport control) which offers way less than the Arrival lounge - if you're not allowed to enter Schengen, go directly to the SEN lounge in Terminal D

Search this Thread
Search Engine: