Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Mar 24, 14, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Plat.
I will be coming in on LX in Y(Gasp) from NBO. I will have a 15hr layover, and would like to shower before I head out into the city. What is the best lounge option with showers for a non C *G guy?
Old Mar 24, 14, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat + SPG Plat
<DELETED>

Last edited by coastalguy; Mar 27, 14 at 5:51 pm
Old Mar 25, 14, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coastalguy View Post
Without status or a F/C ticket, you'll have to pay 15CHF to use the public-access showers.

http://www.zurich-airport.com/passen...ounges/showers
As the OP notes they are * gold, and assuming they are connecting onto a STAR service- they should be able to use the star alliance lounges (Swiss) in the Schengen area which has 2 showers in the business side of the lounge.
Old Mar 25, 14, 9:43 am

If he has 15 hours of layover, he might also be interested in using one of the various public baths of the greater Zurich area
Old Mar 27, 14, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat + SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
As the OP notes they are * gold, and assuming they are connecting onto a STAR service- they should be able to use the star alliance lounges (Swiss) in the Schengen area which has 2 showers in the business side of the lounge.
My mistake - I misread the "non" reference...
Old Apr 3, 14, 9:43 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
We are lucky enough only to have ever used the F lounge at Zurich so am a little unsure what it will be best to do this Saturday when we fly LHR to Mumbai in Business on Swiss. 2 of us Star Gold and one other in a wheelchair. We will have ; hopefully 1h5mins in Zurich and will depart from E gates. Will we have time to call in at a lounge and which one should we go to? many thanks
Old Apr 3, 14, 11:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith View Post
We are lucky enough only to have ever used the F lounge at Zurich so am a little unsure what it will be best to do this Saturday when we fly LHR to Mumbai in Business on Swiss. 2 of us Star Gold and one other in a wheelchair. We will have ; hopefully 1h5mins in Zurich and will depart from E gates. Will we have time to call in at a lounge and which one should we go to? many thanks
Hmm.. your layover time of 65 minutes doesn't sound like you would have enough time to visit any lounge at all.. as your inbound flight from LHR will probably arrive in the D gate area, you'll have to take the Heidi Train to Dock E which will take some time, and boarding to Mumbai will probably start some 40 minutes prior to departure (and if there's someone in a wheelchair, you shouldn't arrive at the gate at the last possible minute), so I guess there's not much time to spend in any of the lounges.

However, I can only comment on the Schengen lounges which will most definitely not be an option for you.
Old Apr 3, 14, 12:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by simonsmith View Post
I have done 75 minute connections from the D to E gates a number of times and if I'm lucky I might have 10-15 minutes in the Panorama Lounge in E Dock but sometimes I don't have any time for a lounge at all. Both SEN lounges (in D non-Schengen and A Schengen) are not convenient for this connection.

You may like to contact Careport at ZRH to arrange assistance for your travelling companion in a wheelchair.
Old Apr 15, 14, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, Le Club, etc.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't found a similar post.

My wife, two children and I will be flying YUL-ZRH-BCN with LX. We'll be landing at ZRH at 6:15 AM and it would be great to be able to have a shower and some breakfast before exploring the city during a 10-hour stopover.

My question is: I'm a FTL and I'll have an invitation pass of Lounge Club that my wife could use; will my 13 and 9 y.o. kids be allowed too? Or is there a (special) fee for them?

If that wasn't possible at the Arrivals Lounge, would the one before the BCN flight be any different?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25, 14, 8:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Not sure whether this belongs here, but has anyone already tried the "iced" option at the "new" coffee machine in the SEN lounge A (lower level)?

Due to the outside temperatures, I just have. And I must say that the result was quite, well, underwhelming. My request for an iced latte macchiato yielded a lukewarm drink with no room in the glass to add some ice cubes.
Old Apr 29, 14, 12:00 pm

Overnight transit options

As a result of the changes to the LX winter schedule on the return leg of an award business class ticket I will arrive in ZRH from BKK at 19.25 and fly onto MAN at 07.05 the following morning. I am considering all my options and wonder whether I would be entitled as an LX business class passenger to use say the Panorama lounge until they close or indeed any other lounges and if so which is the best late opening lounge.
I would be very grateful for your advice.
Old Apr 29, 14, 12:23 pm

Theoretically, the rule is same-day boarding pass, however I've had the experience in ZRH that in your situation, accessing the business lounge in A won't be a problem at all. If you're for a few drinks, then this is probably the best choice due to the bar. Let me know if you need someone to introduce you to ZRH night life a bit (I'll trade against a Singha )
Old Apr 29, 14, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Let me know if you need someone to introduce you to ZRH night life a bit
That's exactly what I was thinking! No way I would hang out in an airport lounge if I had nearly 12 hours starting in the evening in Zurich
Old May 2, 14, 10:11 am

Many thanks for the advice and the kind invitation to experience the Zurich nightlife. Due to the very early morning flight and lack of warm clothing I plan to have a few beers in a Swiss lounge and then head off to the Radisson Blu hopefully for 7 hours sleep.
I have only previously transferred in ZRH between D and E and vice versa so would very much appreciate an idiot's guide to transferring between E and the Swiss lounge in A with a boarding card for a flight the following morning and from the Swiss lounge to the Radisson Blu.
Old May 10, 14, 5:47 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
It looks like LX seriously is looking into the issue of their Business and Senator lounges at the Airside Center being often overcrowded. Probably within a year from now a Business and Senator lounge will be opened at Dock E. This would be a good opportunity to refurbish the existing lounge, add more bathrooms and get rid of the pointless smoker bar and integrate the space as a non smoking area.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: