Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Apr 5, 08, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Originally Posted by rorschi View Post
LX has a biz- and a F-lounge (and a separate SEN-lounge opening soon) at terminal A.

Except the "longest bar", which is quite nice and where smoking is allowed, the LX-biz-lounge is often overcrowded and a pretty noisy place with a very limited food-selection. It's rather a common waiting hall with free drinks.

The LX-biz-lounge is open for all *G-members, FTL and C-Class-passengers departing the same day with a *-Boarding pass.

The Star Alliance lounge is located at Terminal B in a remote section of the airport and is an absolute insider tip. It's run by Lufthansa and has two sections: A SEN-Lounge with a very decent food-selection and a Biz-Lounge, both rarely overcrowded, both with a nice view to the tarmac and to the runway 16/34.

The Lufthansa-access-rules apply, so a SEN can also enter when flying with another airline or after arrival (e.g. when the LX-arrival-lounge is closed).

It's not yet known if the LH-lounge will remain when the airport will be reconverted into Schengen / Non-schengen-areas...

Most (but not all) LH lounges will let Star Alliance Gold members enter the Senator section. Will LH let Star Alliance Golds enter the ZRH SEN lounge?

PS-When will Switzerland be a party to the Schengen agreement? I guess that nonEU countries can be a party to this agreement (eg Norway?).
Old Apr 6, 08, 3:42 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
PS-When will Switzerland be a party to the Schengen agreement?
Beginning of winter timetable 08/09.
Old Sep 6, 08, 10:56 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold (*G), LH SEN (*G), BA Silver, KL/AF Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Omni Platinum
Zürich Lounge Question

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but this is the first time I "really" could transfer in ZRH (I tried several times, but I was always rebooked via FRA or MUC). As a *G, I will be able to use the LX Senator Lounge or the LX Business Lounge, both of them should be close to terminal A. Since I fly out from terminal E, my question is, if there is any *lounge around terminal E
Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 6, 08, 11:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Last time I flew out of Dock E at ZRH I wanted to try the Bellevue Lounge but unfortunately the incoming flight was late and I didn't have the time. Anyway I believe as a *G you can use the Bellevue Lounge. Some information here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=43
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=45
Old Sep 6, 08, 1:36 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Business lounge - not SEN lounge --
Old Sep 6, 08, 2:38 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Originally Posted by roundtheworld View Post
Business lounge - not SEN lounge --
Sorry rtw, but the OP is correct. *G are definitely allowed to use the LX SEN lounge (as well as the biz lounge of course).

There is no *A lounge in Terminal E. Only the Bellevue lounge which is not a dedicated *A lounge but *G have access to it as well of course. The view is awesome while the f&b are mediocre.
Old Sep 6, 08, 3:28 pm

One good feature of the Bellevue lounge is that it seems to be mostly empty.

One caution: if you're on a US-bound flight and you follow the signs from the Bellevue lounge to your gate, you won't get there -- that end of Terminal E is blocked off at the departures level. You need to go down 1 floor (halfway to the shuttle train), then make your way to the US gates.
Old Sep 6, 08, 8:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I wonder if rtw may be thinking of LH SEN/Business lounges close to B gates, where *G is expected to use the Business side of the lounge. The position of these lounges at the opposite end of the terminal is not suitable if departing from E gates.
Old Sep 7, 08, 4:04 pm
HAF

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AAPlatinum, UA Exec. Premier, Hilton, Marriott, Delta, Southwest.....
Originally Posted by wideman View Post
One good feature of the Bellevue lounge is that it seems to be mostly empty.

One caution: if you're on a US-bound flight and you follow the signs from the Bellevue lounge to your gate, you won't get there -- that end of Terminal E is blocked off at the departures level. You need to go down 1 floor (halfway to the shuttle train), then make your way to the US gates.
Does the same apply to the Canada-bound flights?

Thanks!

--e
Old Sep 22, 08, 11:30 am

Yep, all flights to North America leave from that side of E. Bellvue lounge definately has superior views to all the *A lounge, but 2x security may or may not be worth it.

Between AC, US, UA, and LX, it's kinda suprising that there isn't a dedicated lounge at that part of the airport... even if it were only open until the last NA flight leaves (NY or BOS on LX, i believe).

Otherwise, the other posters are correct ... Senator side of the LX lounge for all *G, but only the business side of the LH lounge.

ZRH is a little odd for *Gs because i'm never sure if i'm entitled to use the Business/First security lines or not. I've flashed the card once or twice when running late and the attendents were something between confused and embarassed. The let me go but i don't know if that was the rule, or just Swiss politeness and non-confrontationalism!
Old Sep 22, 08, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
Sorry rtw, but the OP is correct. *G are definitely allowed to use the LX SEN lounge (as well as the biz lounge of course).

There is no *A lounge in Terminal E. Only the Bellevue lounge which is not a dedicated *A lounge but *G have access to it as well of course. The view is awesome while the f&b are mediocre.
Is the LX Senetor lounge the old F class lounge on the upper level of the shopping area?? I have not been since February so wondering what changes have been made.
Old Sep 22, 08, 1:45 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
Is the LX Senetor lounge the old F class lounge on the upper level of the shopping area?? I have not been since February so wondering what changes have been made.
Yes, it is the old LX F.
Old Sep 22, 08, 1:53 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
It's pretty much the same location yes. Both the SEN (well the SEN lounge is new) and F lounges have been renovated in the meantime. To access the SEN lounge you can use the standard LX lounge entrance opposite Sprüngli.
Old Sep 22, 08, 2:59 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
To access the SEN lounge you can use the standard LX lounge entrance opposite Sprüngli.
Is there really Sprüngli opposite of the LX lounge entrance ? I thought there is a Kiosk.
Old Sep 22, 08, 3:13 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by AirBuffalo View Post
Yep, all flights to North America leave from that side of E. Bellvue lounge definately has superior views to all the *A lounge, but 2x security may or may not be worth it.
Last time I took the LX flight to YUL it did not depart from the TSA section of Terminal E, as back then Canada seemed to still belong to the sane part of the air-traveling world...but that was some time ago and maybe it turned to the worse.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: