Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Nov 17, 13, 1:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
I have good news. When I arrived in E I followed the signs for A/B instead of D/ exit. This took me to A without security check, when I was able to shower in peace an enjoy a relatively quiet sen and c lounge. When it came time to got to D dock, I just breezed through passport control, and went to the D Sen lounge. No further security Check.
Yes, that's what I'm going to do next time though most of my E > D connections are not from the US and I will still have to clear security between E and D. I'll definitely do this in the opposite direction arriving from the UK and leaving from E, by going into A/B via passport control (but no security) and A/B to E via another passport control (but no security).

However, if it's a bus arrival from the UK, passengers are deposited in non-secure area and there is no way to avoid transfer security.
Old Nov 17, 13, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
I have good news. When I arrived in E I followed the signs for A/B instead of D/ exit. This took me to A without security check, when I was able to shower in peace an enjoy a relatively quiet sen and c lounge. When it came time to got to D dock, I just breezed through passport control, and went to the D Sen lounge. No further security Check.

The only annoying thing was that LX required me to gate check my standard size rollabord because LX was flying a tiny Fokker 100 on this route, and all passengers had to be bussed. Not very classy.
By following the above path (E to A/B) will that give us access to the Arrivals lounge, or is the lounge outside of security? Just curious which lounge is being referred to?

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 13, 12:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by davidm16 View Post
By following the above path (E to A/B) will that give us access to the Arrivals lounge, or is the lounge outside of security? Just curious which lounge is being referred to?

Thanks
It's the SEN lounge in A/B that is referred to. The Arrival Lounge is outside security.
Old Nov 22, 13, 9:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
As this information doesn't seem to have arrived here: According to my own ovservations and some information I found on VFT.de, the Schengen SEN lounge A is currently undergoing refurbishment until mid-december. There is a tiny open door in the left hand wall of the main business class lounge area, and allegedly business lounge guests are allowed to check out the upper level of the SEN lounge while the work is in progress (I haven't verified this myself but it would make sense because the C lounge is currently very crowded, even for a friday evening). Also, the food seems to have been upgraded in the C section, for tonight, they are offering Fleischkäse (meat loaf) - chopped down into pieces - along with beetroot and potato salad.
Old Nov 24, 13, 9:30 pm

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
It's the SEN lounge in A/B that is referred to. The Arrival Lounge is outside security.
I'm flying BOS-ZRH-CDG in C with a 1h20 connection (first time on Swiss). No status w/ Star Alliance, so no Senator lounge access. I'm looking to squeeze in a shower in Zurich -- what's my best bet? Sounds like using the Arrivals lounge would necessitate having to go through security an extra time, or do I already have to do this anyway?

Appreciate the advice.

Last edited by tingalex; Nov 24, 13 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 25, 13, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tingalex View Post
I'm flying BOS-ZRH-CDG in C with a 1h20 connection (first time on Swiss). No status w/ Star Alliance, so no Senator lounge access. I'm looking to squeeze in a shower in Zurich -- what's my best bet? Sounds like using the Arrivals lounge would necessitate having to go through security an extra time, or do I already have to do this anyway?

Appreciate the advice.
In Zurich the showers are in the business lounge and not the Senator lounge so you should be fine to use the shower their with your access as a business class ticketed customer.
Old Nov 25, 13, 3:59 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
As this information doesn't seem to have arrived here: According to my own ovservations and some information I found on VFT.de, the Schengen SEN lounge A is currently undergoing refurbishment until mid-december.
Any insight which day it is scheduled to re-open? Will be transiting in ZRH on Dec 13.
Old Nov 25, 13, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
As this information doesn't seem to have arrived here: According to my own ovservations and some information I found on VFT.de, the Schengen SEN lounge A is currently undergoing refurbishment until mid-december. There is a tiny open door in the left hand wall of the main business class lounge area, and allegedly business lounge guests are allowed to check out the upper level of the SEN lounge while the work is in progress (I haven't verified this myself but it would make sense because the C lounge is currently very crowded, even for a friday evening). Also, the food seems to have been upgraded in the C section, for tonight, they are offering Fleischkäse (meat loaf) - chopped down into pieces - along with beetroot and potato salad.
It was already closed down on Thursday, 21st, with exactly the same food on offer. Meat loaf with potato salad.

Horribly packed.

The LX SEN D lounge did offer the same (two) hot options as usual, and the Panorama also had two hot options as usual (different ones than the SEN)

As the A lounge is now even more crowded with the lower SEN part gone, I would strongly suggest to go directly to either SEN in D or Panorama straight away, if you're flying to a Non-Schengen destination.

By the way, I found the meat loaf to be of very low quality.
Old Nov 25, 13, 8:23 am

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
In Zurich the showers are in the business lounge and not the Senator lounge so you should be fine to use the shower their with your access as a business class ticketed customer.
Is this a quicker option than Arrivals lounge? Thanks.
AT
Old Nov 25, 13, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tingalex View Post
Is this a quicker option than Arrivals lounge? Thanks.
AT
Given you are flying to an onward Schengen destination yes it should be a quicker option.
Old Nov 25, 13, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Given you are flying to an onward Schengen destination yes it should be a quicker option.
thanks
Old Nov 26, 13, 3:39 pm

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

I will fly ZRH-NRT in C (no status). I am not clear about the security controls. How many times do they check me? Once or twice and where? Should I fist stay at the C Lounge at the Air Center and take then the Heidi train to E, and re-enter the Panorama Lounge? Or go directly? Any suggestion.
Old Nov 26, 13, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Yenakad View Post
I will fly ZRH-NRT in C (no status). I am not clear about the security controls. How many times do they check me? Once or twice and where? Should I fist stay at the C Lounge at the Air Center and take then the Heidi train to E, and re-enter the Panorama Lounge? Or go directly? Any suggestion.
One security check, when you get airside.

You can go to the Business lounge in Terminal A if you like, or straight go through passport check and heidi train to E / Panorama lounge.

Food tends to be better in the Panorama lounge, at least 2 choices of hot food compared to one in the Business lounge. Showers only in the Business lounge in A.
Old Nov 27, 13, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
One security check, when you get airside.

You can go to the Business lounge in Terminal A if you like, or straight go through passport check and heidi train to E / Panorama lounge.

Food tends to be better in the Panorama lounge, at least 2 choices of hot food compared to one in the Business lounge. Showers only in the Business lounge in A.
Thanks for the information, I assume I can go first to the Biz lounge in Terminal A and then again to the Panorama lounge, right? Or only one lounge allowed?
Old Nov 28, 13, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Yenakad View Post
Thanks for the information, I assume I can go first to the Biz lounge in Terminal A and then again to the Panorama lounge, right? Or only one lounge allowed?
You can go to as many lounges as you like.

When flying Business class, simply showing your boarding pass will be enough.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: