Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old May 30, 13, 12:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Swiss Lurkers posted the good news in their thread a couple of days ago but thanks for the confirmation. It's great that free WiFi works not only in the lounges but also airport-wide. ^
+1
Old Jun 21, 13, 9:46 am

Arriving on LX in J from the US and connecting to TG in J to BKK. Layover of about 2.5 hrs. No *G status. US passport holder so no issue entering Schengen if needed.

I would like to get a shower in ZRH but I believe I will be in the E dock only and as I recall the Panorama lounge does not have showers.

The LX arrivals lounge will be open during my timeframe, do I have sufficient time to use this lounge and then go back through security etc?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 21, 13, 9:52 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by FLLDL View Post
Arriving on LX in J from the US and connecting to TG in J to BKK. Layover of about 2.5 hrs. No *G status. US passport holder so no issue entering Schengen if needed.

I would like to get a shower in ZRH but I believe I will be in the E dock only and as I recall the Panorama lounge does not have showers.

The LX arrivals lounge will be open during my timeframe, do I have sufficient time to use this lounge and then go back through security etc?

Thank you in advance.
Yes - easily
Old Jun 21, 13, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you in advance.
Or just get a shower in the LX Business lounge in the Schengen area? There are two showers there.
Old Jun 21, 13, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Or just get a shower in the LX Business lounge in the Schengen area? There are two showers there.
Thanks verve and TRAVELSIG.

Yes the LX business lounge would be an option as well, I was unsure of which would be the faster/easier option in these circumstances. Would be interested in hearing any opinions from the experts here.

Unless I am misunderstanding it seems the # of security and or immigration checks would be the same for either option?
Old Jun 21, 13, 11:00 am

Programs: some
Thanks verve and TRAVELSIG.

Yes the LX business lounge would be an option as well, I was unsure of which would be the faster/easier option in these circumstances. Would be interested in hearing any opinions from the experts here.

Unless I am misunderstanding it seems the # of security and or immigration checks would be the same for either option?
True and the arrivals lounge has much better F&B offerings as well as nice showers and pressing services. Security before noon in the J class line will a breeze, the same goes for immigration
Old Jun 21, 13, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by verve View Post
True and the arrivals lounge has much better F&B offerings as well as nice showers and pressing services. Security before noon in the J class line will a breeze, the same goes for immigration
Thanks again and I will report my experience back later for the benefit of others reading this thread.
Old Jun 21, 13, 3:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Just a remark: Actually, there are 4 showers in the Schengen lounge, two behind the door to the gentlemen's lavatory (1+2) and two next to the ladies' rooms (3+4). As the latter aren't really *inside* the lavatory, they may also be assigned to non-ladies.
Old Jul 2, 13, 11:11 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
F- J

I will be flying F from PEK to Zurich and will go into town for the day and back to the airport for my evening flight to GRU in J. I have been reading posts (pretty old ones) that with an incoming F flight you are still entitled to go the F lounge? Can someone confirm?
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX View Post
I would stay in lounge A, even if the flight is leaving from B. It is a short walk from the lounge A to the B-gates.
This morning, LX750 left from B43, the furthest gate (on the right side) of B.
From SEN lounge A, the walk took exactly 5 minutes. Walked calmly, no stops at any shops, no hurry, no run...
Old Jul 19, 13, 8:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Something more about the showers: I just asked to have a shower in the main lounge and they had to put me on a waiting list; it's 4pm on a friday afternoon, the weather is quite warm amd sunny and so the demand for showers seems to be quite high (additionally, there was quite a queue at the reception desk which is manned with three attendants). Let's see how long it will take until a shower becomes available.

Edit: OK, so I finally had to wait for about 40 minutes although I was the first on the waiting list. If you're planning to take a shower under similar circumstances you should definitely account for some waiting time.

Additionally, I was once again assigned cubicle #3, on the women's side. While they seem to have replaced the shower heads for a much more suitable design the shower itself is quite spacious while the entire cublice still lacks any space to put your belongings onto.

Last edited by bruce80; Jul 19, 13 at 9:06 am
Old Jul 20, 13, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
A somewhat different question concerning zrh transfer. Arriving ex YUL F and departing the same way to NBO giving me around three hours. Obviously I'll go to the first class lounge for that time but, will I be allowed to leave my carry on (and heavy) camera gear in the lounge while doing a quick shopping run to the Migros outside the airport. Time-wise I have no problem, have done it in 20 mins in the past including checking in an additional bag in Zrh with my shopping. However, last time I left my husband with all my carry on.
To summarize, can I leave stuff in the lounge for 20 or so minutes for a quick shopping expedition or is that verboten?
Old Jul 20, 13, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by dwugson View Post
A somewhat different question concerning zrh transfer. Arriving ex YUL F and departing the same way to NBO giving me around three hours. Obviously I'll go to the first class lounge for that time but, will I be allowed to leave my carry on (and heavy) camera gear in the lounge while doing a quick shopping run to the Migros outside the airport. Time-wise I have no problem, have done it in 20 mins in the past including checking in an additional bag in Zrh with my shopping. However, last time I left my husband with all my carry on.
To summarize, can I leave stuff in the lounge for 20 or so minutes for a quick shopping expedition or is that verboten?
Tell them you want to experience the Duty Free area for a couple of minutes (instead of telling them you are going landside) - as much I know there is no official policy regarding leaving stuff in the lounge, but staff usually is nice regarding such "special" requests.
Old Jul 21, 13, 9:29 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Thanks Yuropflyer, should have thought of that excuse myself! Looking forward to the Swiss F experience!
Old Jul 27, 13, 2:35 pm

We have a 12 hour layover in Zurich-What to do?

Thanks Much,
Madcat!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: