Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Apr 7, 13, 3:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
delete

Last edited by transportprof; Apr 13, 13 at 11:44 pm Reason: no longer considering this routing
Old Apr 14, 13, 1:42 pm

Guys

I have a 4 hour layover arriving at 6:15am on Swiss 155 from BOM. With Lounge card, have access to all these 4 lounges. Which one do you recommend I should use? I looked through all many threads but could not find too much comparison data on these 4 lounges

Dnata skyview lounge, Panorama lounge, Swiss International airport lounge, Swiss Lounge D

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 13, 12:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
Guys

I have a 4 hour layover arriving at 6:15am on Swiss 155 from BOM. With Lounge card, have access to all these 4 lounges. Which one do you recommend I should use? I looked through all many threads but could not find too much comparison data on these 4 lounges

Dnata skyview lounge, Panorama lounge, Swiss International airport lounge, Swiss Lounge D

Thanks!
You probably mean Swiss International Airlines lounge (aka Swiss Business Lounge) rather than airport lounge. I have no experience of the Dnata Skyview lounge but would put the remainder in the following order: Swiss International Airlines lounge > Swiss Lounge D > Panorama lounge. Please note that Swiss Business Lounge is in Schengen. If you don't need (or have) a visa to enter Schengen you should be fine.
Old Apr 18, 13, 6:20 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold
Will have a 1 hour and 20 minutes connection coming from LHR and leaving to DEL and 50 minutes on the way back, do you reckon I will have any chance to have the time to look at one of the lounges on my way out ? Namely is there a lounge facility on Dock E ?
Old Apr 18, 13, 6:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by julmops View Post
Will have a 1 hour and 20 minutes connection coming from LHR and leaving to DEL and 50 minutes on the way back, do you reckon I will have any chance to have the time to look at one of the lounges on my way out ? Namely is there a lounge facility on Dock E ?
The Panorama Lounge is in Dock E but frankly you won't be missing much if you don't have the time to go there. You might like to check my recent experience in this post.
Old Apr 18, 13, 6:44 am

Your flight from London will most probably arrive at the new D gates, your flight to DEL leave from the (relatively) new E gates, both Non-Schengen area. There should be also no security screening, giving you plenty of time. You'll have to walk a few metres from the D gates to the Heidi train which will bring you to the E gates, but that's less than 10 minutes. If your arriving flight is on time, and you hold *G status, I would visit the Swiss SEN lounge @ D gates for a quick visit, then go to the E gates and visit the lounge there (it's less good than the SEN lounge, but offers a nice view). If you've less than 50 minutes till departure when arriving, head directly to the E gates.
Old Apr 18, 13, 6:49 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Your flight from London will most probably arrive at the new D gates, your flight to DEL leave from the (relatively) new E gates, both Non-Schengen area. There should be also no security screening, giving you plenty of time. You'll have to walk a few metres from the D gates to the Heidi train which will bring you to the E gates, but that's less than 10 minutes. If your arriving flight is on time, and you hold *G status, I would visit the Swiss SEN lounge @ D gates for a quick visit, then go to the E gates and visit the lounge there (it's less good than the SEN lounge, but offers a nice view). If you've less than 50 minutes till departure when arriving, head directly to the E gates.
Thanks Yuropflyer, I don't have any status so I shall move straight to the Dock E. Which lounge is located there ?
Old Apr 18, 13, 7:05 am

Thanks Yuropflyer, I don't have any status so I shall move straight to the Dock E. Which lounge is located there ?
Just one (besides the Emirates lounge) - the Panorama lounge.

One hot (mediocre) food item during meal times, a few sandwiches, some drinks.. but a nice view on the tarmac.
Old Apr 18, 13, 7:09 am

Just one (besides the Emirates lounge) - the Panorama lounge.

One hot (mediocre) food item during meal times, a few sandwiches, some drinks.. but a nice view on the tarmac.
For the amount of time I have and considering it will be around lunch time, I will keep my appetite for the in-flight lunch ! Just the time for a quick "apero" to well start the flight !
Old Apr 18, 13, 7:25 am

I'd like to know how I can avoid security screening when connecting from D to E. The only way I can think of is to clear passport control into Schengen B, ride Heidi's train, and through passport control again into non-Schengen in E (not sure whether passport control or the train comes first).

If you arrive in D and go directly down to Heidi's train, there is no way you can avoid transfer security (when you arrive in E). In addition I usually have to walk more than a few metres to Heidi's train (admittedly there are escalators and moving walkways) so I must be taking a wrong route.

But we both know we don't agree on the ease (or otherwise) of connecting in ZRH. My views are purely based on my own experience.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 18, 13 at 9:57 am Reason: mixed up Schengen & non-Schengen
Old May 2, 13, 2:48 pm

I have read the last 5 pages of this thread and just want to confirm what I think I have learned.

Arriving EWR-ZRH, flying UA First/Business which means I will arrive in E gates. We have 3 1/2 hour layover before departing on LX to BCN. We are arrving at 840a.m. so want to go to lounge to shower & freshen up.

Sounds like the plan would be to take the train to Gate A, go thru passport control and security and then find the Swiss Business lounge there. Am I good so far?

From there our next flight is ZRH-BCN on LX, which looks like it would depart out of the Gate A area. Since we have already gone thru passport control and security we should only have to leave time to walk to the gate.

Any corrections or further advice?

Thanks
Old May 2, 13, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by davidm16 View Post
I have read the last 5 pages of this thread and just want to confirm what I think I have learned.

Arriving EWR-ZRH, flying UA First/Business which means I will arrive in E gates. We have 3 1/2 hour layover before departing on LX to BCN. We are arrving at 840a.m. so want to go to lounge to shower & freshen up.

Sounds like the plan would be to take the train to Gate A, go thru passport control and security and then find the Swiss Business lounge there. Am I good so far?

From there our next flight is ZRH-BCN on LX, which looks like it would depart out of the Gate A area. Since we have already gone thru passport control and security we should only have to leave time to walk to the gate.

Any corrections or further advice?

Thanks
Sounds perfect. Don't miss Heidi on your way to A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPn4yaZOQk
Old May 3, 13, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
You will need a Miles and More Gold or Silver card to access LX/LH Business Lounges if flying in Economy.
I think the main business lounge is still Priority Pass?
Old May 3, 13, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
I think the main business lounge is still Priority Pass?
I think you are right. I forget that LX is a different animal from LH.
Old May 3, 13, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
I think you are right. I forget that LX is a different animal from LH.
A kinder animal!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: