Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Anyone been in the Panorama Lounge in Dock E? I was reading that it was the best independent lounge in Europe this past year. Has anyone been in there and how much better is it than the normal Swiss Business lounges in ZRH?
They must have played a prank on you then, sorry mate.

The Panorama lounge is about as good (or bad!) as the normal Swiss Business lounge, 1 hot meal item during eating hours, usually 2 kind of sandwiches, and a soup with some bread. That's it for the food, for the drinks it's basic softdrinks, a few local beers and some very basic stronger alcoholic beverages. All for self-service. Best thing about the lounge is the view you're enjoying there.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Check lounge info on swiss.com.

Both Business and Senator lounges in A (Schengen) are open until 22:30 but you will have to allow time to get to your departure gate in E. I don't believe there are showers in the Panorama Lounge.
After about 10pm, the lounges in the A gates are totally deserted. When I once booked the "Flugzug" (Railway connection) to Basel as ongoing connection for my incoming flight, and had to wait for about 20 minutes for the next train and I tried to access the lounge, it was closed (the SEN door side) at about 10 minutes past 10pm. No staff at the "reception area". Went up the business section, empty. Eventually saw a cleaning staff which told me they're closing. So, after about 10pm, I wouldn't even try to access the lounge, better go directly to the E gates, the Panorama lounge is still open (and while no food left, not deserted at least) till the last flight is about to leave from Dock E. (No shower there either)

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Jul 31, 2012 at 3:51 pm
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: OZ*G
LX lounge access @ ZRH

Hi all,

I will be traveling with a friend of mine on ORD-ZRH-LUX, and my friend is doing ORD-ZRH-LIS. I am OZ*G and my friend is not. I have a longer layover than her, mine being 6 hours and hers is only 2 hours. So, I was wondering, if we can both possibly clear immigration at ZRH, then take the train to the Schengen gate area, take her to lounge as my guest, then can I somehow go out to Zurich city? Anyone with this experience? Thanks a lot!

Mick
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tisorn
Hi all,

I will be traveling with a friend of mine on ORD-ZRH-LUX, and my friend is doing ORD-ZRH-LIS. I am OZ*G and my friend is not. I have a longer layover than her, mine being 6 hours and hers is only 2 hours. So, I was wondering, if we can both possibly clear immigration at ZRH, then take the train to the Schengen gate area, take her to lounge as my guest, then can I somehow go out to Zurich city? Anyone with this experience? Thanks a lot!

Mick
Yes, *G can invite a guest into the Senator Lounge as long as you both have boarding passes for departing *A flights. A guest normally has to leave the lounge at the same time as (or earlier than) the person who invited them but they may not always enforce this rule. You will both have to clear passport control on your arrival in ZRH anyway before visiting the Senator Lounge in A.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:32 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Anyone been in the Panorama Lounge in Dock E? I was reading that it was the best independent lounge in Europe this past year. Has anyone been in there and how much better is it than the normal Swiss Business lounges in ZRH?
An overcrowded poorly kept lounge with small choice of food if any. To avoid at all costs.

There is a LX lounge a train ride away in the non Schengen zone. - much better in all cases.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by behuman
An overcrowded poorly kept lounge with small choice of food if any. To avoid at all costs.

There is a LX lounge a train ride away in the non Schengen zone. - much better in all cases.
I've never made it to the Panorama Lounge as my connection in ZRH is usually too tight and if I have the time I've been going to the FCL. But I've been to the non-Schengen SEN lounge a few times since it reopened and although it is usually very quiet there's hardly any food (apart from Mövenpick ice cream ) when I was there.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I'm on LX 19 tonight in Y. US *S, but with a paid US Club membership. Clearly I'd easily have access to the lounge in ZRH when I connect to JNB...if I hadn't left my membership card on my desk. I talked my way into the SAS lounge in EWR (where I am now), but what are the chances an email copy of my purchase receipt would get me access in ZRH? I assume slim to none and understand it's my fault and will not devolve into a DYKWIA if denied, but wondered what experiences anyone had there with such an issue.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
I'm on LX 19 tonight in Y. US *S, but with a paid US Club membership. Clearly I'd easily have access to the lounge in ZRH when I connect to JNB...if I hadn't left my membership card on my desk. I talked my way into the SAS lounge in EWR (where I am now), but what are the chances an email copy of my purchase receipt would get me access in ZRH? I assume slim to none and understand it's my fault and will not devolve into a DYKWIA if denied, but wondered what experiences anyone had there with such an issue.
Maybe try ask a *G in front of the lounge if he/she can guest you in - I assume that's a higher chance than having the LD let you in on a receipt..
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Maybe try ask a *G in front of the lounge if he/she can guest you in - I assume that's a higher chance than having the LD let you in on a receipt..
Heading to the airport now, I'll report back on my inevitable failure.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:23 am

Denied. I calmly walked away...and got an op-up at the gate. Someone needs to explain karma to DYKWIAs.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Currently witnessing the next enhancement: The Mövenpick ice cream boxes are now only half the size they used to be.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bruce80
Currently witnessing the next enhancement: The Mövenpick ice cream boxes are now only half the size they used to be.
Come on now- it is better for your health
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Moevenpick icecream came in two different size since many years at the lounge. Depending on the flavor, it is 100 or 150ml. There is no change this year in comparison with previous years.
You only need to choose your prefered flavor or quantity
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Well, yesterday they only had the "standard" flavors (like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry) in the soup corner (haven't looked at the freezer in the internet corner). Anyway, I don't really like the fancy "modern" flavors like coconut-lemongrass (which, in my opinion, tastes like a bowl of tom kha soup)..
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:29 am

Has anyone heard if they will replace the (broken down and now removed) Nespresso coffee maker in the SEN lounge ever? Or will it stay "enhanced" forever?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I just finished reading through all the posts from 2012 -- I have to say you folks are helpful and incredibly friendly! I'd like to pick your collective brains if I may.

I'm flying YUL-ZRH-DME later this month in C and have a 6 hour scheduled layover in ZRH. According to this thread, I arrive in E dock but leave out of D. Does that mean I have to go through some sort of Swiss immigration process?

If the weather's lousy, I guess I could simply take a shower and hang out at the D dock *G lounge, but I'd really like to visit the city for a couple of hours. Someone already provided a "left luggage" link (thanks for that), but I'm a little unclear on the whole immigration process involved in visiting the city. Any helpful insight?

Thanks!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.